This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-44

How do you start a fire
When there's nothing to burn
And it feels like something's stuck in your flue

How can you generate heat
When you can't feel your feet
And they're turning blue!

You light up a mean blaze
With posters --
And screenplays

How we gonna pay
How we gonna pay
How we gonna pay
Last year's rent

The music blasted in your room as you put your things away. Right now you were listening to the Rent soundtrack, singing along to the song Rent (funny how that works. You were going through the drawers, taking the rest of your clothes out when you faitly heard someone knock at the door. You turned down the music and called for them to enter.

"What are you listening to?" Dan asked as he came in the door,

"Rent soundtrack," You answered simply

Dan looked down at the bags on your bed with curiosity, "You planning on leaving tonight?"

You shook your head, "No, but I thought I should pack up tonight and save the trouble for tomorrow. Besides," you gave him a smile, "I want to spend one more night over here,"

"Well if you really want to," he joked, wrapping one arm around your shoulder.

"You know what?" you thought up an idea, "We should throw Teresa a party tomorrow. Sort of a welcome home party,"

"That's a good idea," Dan said, "but Maybe we should give ourselves more time to to plan,"

"No," you argued, "It won't be as much fun. We can throw the party here, call everyone tomorrow and tell them to be here before I come home with Teresa,"

"Which you said would be at one thirty," Dan reminded you, "How are we going to pull off an entire party in no more than five hours?"

"I am the master of procrastinating," you stated, "You're talking to a girl who started her biology report the study hall before it was due, and still got an A on it,"

"Wow, that is impressive," Dan said sarcastically,

You punched his shoulder, "If I can do that, then putting together a party on short notice should be no problem,"

"Yeah, throwing a party under five hours is so much easier than writing a paper in one paper."

"It had to be no less than three hundred words," you added, "And yes, for a girl, it is no problem,"

"So how do you plan to do it?" he asked with his arms crossed

You paced the room and thought for a moment, "If I get up at eight-o-clock tomorrow morning, I can go to the store and get the food and decorations. I should be back no later than nine-thirty, and to clean up the house and put up decorations would take me...eighty minutes tops. We would be at ten-fifty, where everyone should be up, so I could then call everyone and tell them about the party. There's Tom, Emma, Katie, James, Oliver, and Rupert. That's six people. Allowing me about five minutes at the most of talking per person times six people would spend a half hour of inviting people. By then we should be at eleven-twenty. I could then go out and get Teresa a present, which should take me no more than an hour, so by the time we can have everything set we should have a little over an hour before I have to pick her up."

You spun around to face Dan, who at this point held a stare of astonishment on his face, "What? I'm good at math,"

"Did you plan all of that, like, at the hospital, or something?"

You shook your head, "Nope. All at the top of my head,"

"You liar,"

"I'm telling the truth,"

"Sure you are,"

Dan rolled his eyes, "Fine, we can have a party for Teresa. You just have to do all the shopping,"

You shook his hand, "It's a deal,"

"And to give you some more time tomorrow, I'll start calling everyone tonight,"

You smiled, "Thanks, Dan. Not just for helping me with this party, but for letting me stay over while Teresa was in the hospital. I really appreciate it,"

"Deana, you are welcome here any time you need a place to stay," he said before kissing your lips, "I'm here for you,"

"And I'm grateful for that," You lifted your head so that your chin was pressed against his chest, "You're awesome, you know that?"

"Not as awesome as you are," he whispered,

"You're just saying that," You giggled, pushing away from him and jumping backwards on the bed, "but it's nice to hear it anyway,"

Dan sat down on the bed next to you, "So are you excited to have Teresa coming back home?"

"Hell yeah!" you exclaimed, "No offense, but I miss having a girl to talk to and gossip about,"

"And what kind of things do you gossip about, if I may ask,"

You smiled slyly, "Oh, nothing big. Just estimates on how big we think our boyfriends dicks are,"

You looke up at his face and saw his eyes widen with horror, which made you laugh histerically, "I'm joshing with you, Dan," you shoved his shoulder, "I'm kidding,"

"Thank god," he sighed with relief

You tilted your head back and laughed, soon in which you felt Dans lips kissing your neck, which made you giggle even more. You brought your head back up, still smiling, and brought his face up close to yours and planted a soft, yet loving kiss on his lips.

"What was that for?" he asked with a satisfied look on his face,

"Oh, just because I felt like it," you smiled, messing up his hair,

"Then in that case, your welcome to do that whenever you wish,"

"That's a good thing to know," You said softly as you pulled him in closer for another kiss

...

You woke up extra early the next morning, and despite many attmepts to go back to sleep, you were way too excited to go bak to sleep, so you got up and decided to get an even earlier start onn setting up the party. You crept over to Dan's room and he was still asleep, so after you got dressed, you left him a little note telling where you were going. You headed straight for the grocery store and picked out all of Teresa's favorite foods, and a big, chocolate cake. You then looked around for something else to buy her once you left the grocery store. You came across a dress shop and decided to stop by. You and Teresa were about the same size, so it wouldn't be hard to find a dress for her. You looked through countless dresses, until finally you found a beautiful blue strapless dress you knew Teresa would love. You paid the lady and proudly left.

By the time you got back to Dan's it was quarter to nine. Dan was in the kitchen, making breakfast. You sat down with him and had a quick bite before going back to your party plans. Dan helped you with the decorations, and by the time you were completely done, it was eleven: two and a half hours before you had to pick up Teresa. You and Dan did whatever you could to pass the time until the gang arrived, which was your signal to go pick up Teresa.

"Ready to go?" you asked her once you saw her at the hospital,

"I was ready before I got here," she groaned. You smiled to yourself as you wheeled her down the railing to your car. With the help of a nurse, you got Teresa into the passengers seat and you were set to go.

"So what have you been up to since I blonked out?" Teresa asked, "besides the whole Rent thing,"

You shrugged, "Nothing really, just staying over at Dan's place,"

"Ooo," she smiled, "Anything interesting happen between you guys?" she nudged your arm

"If you mean did we have sex together, no, we didn't," you glared at her, "Come on, Tree. We've only been dating for two months,"

"Sorry," she apologized, breaking up each syllable

"And other than that, nothing else."

"Nothing?"

"Nothing,"

Teresa leaned back in her chair, "Boy, without me, your lives are just boring."

"That's why I love you so much," you grinned

"Awwe thanks," she smiled.

"Oh Fuck!" you cursed

"What?"

"I just realized I forgot my cell phone at Dan's house," you told her, "I need to go get it right now,"

"Sweet," she said, "Now I finally get to see what his house looks like."