This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-45

"Wow," Teresa gazed at the house as you pulled up, "His house looks awesome,"

You got out and ran to the other side to open her door, "It looks even better on the inside," you grinned. You held her hand and helped Teresa to get her to her feet. Because her legs were still stiff, she needed a little help getting around. You slammed the car door shut and helped Teresa to get to the front door. You grew even more excited as you got closer until finally you were walking up Dan's front porch. Your heart raced as you opened the door and helped Teresa inside.

"Dan," she called, "Is anybody home?"

"SURPRISE!" everyone shouted as they jumped from their hiding places, nearly knocking Teresa off her feet. In fact she probably would have if you weren't behind her to catch her.

"I guess everyone's home," Teresa said, "Oh my god, is this all for me?"

"No, it's for Deana," Katie joked, "Of course it's for you,"

"To welcome you back," Emma finished,

"Awwe," Tree squealed, "You guys didn't have to throw me a party,"

"We didn't," Rupert said, "It was all Deana and Dan. We were just told to come here for you,"

"Don't look at me," Dan said, "Deana did most of the work,"

Teresa turned around, "Deana, thank you," she leaned forward and embraced you, "You're a good friend,"

"You're welcome," you smiled.

Teresa pulled back and faced the others, "Well what are we waiting for? Let's get this party started!"

Everyone cheered. Katie and Tom came over and helped Teresa come down, leaving you standing by the door with the biggest grin you've ever had. You felt proud of your work, and especially after seeing Teresa's reaction, you also felt like you did an excellent job.

"Teresa seems to really like the party," Dan came over to you with two cups of soda, handing one to you, which you took.

"Question is what does she like more?" you whispered, "The party or the food?" You pointed over to the snack table where Teresa was almost literally pigging out.

Dan laughed, "She was probably just sick of the hospital food,"

"I know," you smiled, "I'm only teasing,"

Dan wrapped an arm around your shoulder, "Well I must say that you did an brilliant job here,"

"Thanks," you paused, "And?"

Dan sighed, "And you are the procrastinator queen,"

"That's right," you grinned proudly, your eyes still on him.

He looked back, "What? you expect a reward now?"

"Not what I was thinking," you said, "but I'll take that,"

"So what would the procrastinator queen like?"

You leaned in close to his face, "A little of this," and slowly kissed him.

"Would you two lovebirds stop making out over there?" Tom called from the living room, "Stop trying to steal the attention from Teresa. This party is for her,"

"Oh let them have their fun," Teresa hit Tom on the leg, "They deserve it."

You grabbed Dan's hand, "Let's get back to the party,"

...

"Excuse me," Oliver called from the coffe table, "Can I have your attention?"

"Oliver, you break my coffe table, you owe me four hundred bucks," Dan said,

"Yeah yeah yeah," Oliver shrugged off, "May I have your attention," everyone got quiet, "Now, we have all been brought here to celebrate the return of our good frien Teresa D'Aversa,"

Everyone clapped,

"Yes, we are all happy that she's back," he continued, "but to some of us, she is more than just a friend. To me, she is my soulmate, my bestfriend. No one can love her more than I do,"

"I can," you raised your hand,

"Okay," Oliver smiled, "Deana can, but no one else. Teresa, I have known you for five months, and I have treasured every moment with you. You are so precious to me. But recently I've learned that life in genereal is also very precious and fragile. At any moment a persons life can be taken away," he looked down at Teresa, "and I don't know what I would do if you were taken from me." Tears were slowly starting to form from Teresa's eyes,

"So today I want to claim you before anyone else can." He jumped down from the coffee table and reached into his pocket, and at this point everyone knew what Oliver was going to do, even Teresa, "Teresa," Oliver go down on one knee, "Will you marry me?"

Hot tears pured from her eyes as Oliver opene the jewelery box to reveal to her a beautiful Diamond ring, "I...I..." She stuttered, "Of course I will," she threw her arms around him and gave him the most passionate kiss you've ever seen her give anyone. Everyone applauded as Oliver put the ring on Teresa's finger, "I will on one condition," Her eyes darted to you, "Deana must agree to be my Maid of Honor,"

"Of course I will," you said as you walked up and went over to hug her, "Congratulations, Tree,"

"Deana, I also want you to help me plan the wedding," Teresa said, "Only you know me as well as I do," she thought for a moment, "Actually, you know me better,"

You laughed, "Anything for you,"