This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-47

"What do you think of this one?" Teresa asked once again, holding up yet another dress.

You turned around to look. She was holding up a very nice sleeveless gown that had a sequinned top to it. "It looks nice," you said

Teresa put back the dress and picked out another, "Or this?"

"It looks nice,"

She hung that dress back up and took another dress out at random, "What do you think of this one?"

You turned once more, "It's nice,"

"Deana," she whined, taking the dress with her, "You've said that about every dress I've eyed on,"

"Well what do you want me to say?" you asked,

"Something different than what you've been saying for the past hour," she held up the dress once again, "Now what do you honestly think of it?"

"It's you're wedding," you said, "If you like it, I don't care what it looks like,"

"Just tell me what you would think of it if this was a dress option for your wedding,"

You stroked your chin with your hand and pondered for awhile, "I would think I would rather dye my skin green than wear that dress,"

"And you would too," Teresa joked,

"I would!" you laughed

Teresa hung the dress back up, "So you try and pick out a dress for me,"

"Teresa, we don't have to get a dress this instant," you told her, "We have four months until you get married, giving us at least three months to get a dress,"

"I know," she groaned, "but I just want evrything to be perfect,"

"Tree," you placed your hands on her shoulders, "You know that whenever someone obsesses about perfection, things turn up bad. May I remind you about your aniversery present for Derek?"

"No," she grunted,

"You just worry about the main parts," you said, "and I will deal with the small details,"

"You've got a deal," she turned around and headed to another rack of dresses, "Oooo. Those dresses look nice,"

You groaned as you followed her over.

...

"So what kind of flowers should I have?" Teresa asked over lunch,

"Does Oliver have any kind of allergies?" you questioned

"No,"

You thought about it, "Seeing as that it's going to be a spring wedding, I would say to stick with daisys and daffodils,"

"I was thinking that too," she agreed, "That and because they're my favorite,"

"What a perfect coincidence," you cheered sarcastically,

"I know!"

A waitor soon came by and served your food, "So have you thought about what kind of food you're going to serve?"

"No," she answered as she took the first bite of her hotdog, "I haven't,"

"Teresa D'Aversa," you scolded jokingly, "One of the most important things to worry about in a wedding is the food you serve. That kind of thing you just can't leave at last minute."

"Of course," Teresa said, joining in the sarcasm, "I mean who care about the dress or even where you get married for that matter. If the food sucks, the whole wedding is ruined."

"Precisely," you said, "Not even thinking about what to feed your guest is probably the absolute most rudest thing a bride can do. You should be ashamed of yourself,"

Teresa began sobbing fake tears, "I'm so sorry," she cried, taking another bite of her hotdog, "I'm such a horrible person," she muttered through her mouthfull of food,

You laughed, "We seriously need to get lives,"

Teresa sighed, "Yeah, we sure do,"

"So let's talk honeymoon," you said, bringing up another subject,

"Oh, Deana," she clapped her hands together, "I thought you would never ask about where we shoudl spend our honeymoon," she said loud enough for the whole restaraunt to hear,

"Now we need to talk serious," you said sternly

"Sorry,"

You leaned up close to her, "But we'll talk about our honeymoon later." you sat back down and took a quick bite of your food, "So do you know where you guys want to go for your honeymoon?"

"We've been hinting a few ideas to eachother," she admitted, "but we haven't actually sat down and talked about the subject."

"So where do you want to go?"

"I was thinking someplace hot, like Hawaii or the Bahamas. Where it can get so hot we can barely stand to be in our clothes, if you know what I mean,"

"Oh, my, god, Teresa," you exclaimed, "Can you go one day without making a sexual comment?"

She shook her head, "Nope,"

You shook your head, "You make me wonder about how your kids are going to turn out,"

"It scares me just thinking about it," she shivered, "Just think: our kids are the future,"

"And considering they're going to be our kids," you commented, "they'll be messed up enough as it is."

"I drink on that," Teresa giggled, raising her glass to yours, "Cheers,"

The glasses clanged, "Cheers,"

You watched Teresa as she drank up her soda, "You know I'm really gonna miss you once you're married,"

She set down her glass and smiled, "I'm gonna miss you, too."
You held up your hand to form half of a heart and smiled as she filled up the rest with her hand, "Friends forever," you said,

She smiled back, "Friends forever,"