This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-48

The next four months seemed o fly by so fast. For you, it was a very busy four months. You first had to practice for Rent. On top of that you had to keep up with school, and go to your job. Being the last four months Teresa would be living with you, you wanted to spend as much time with her as you could, so whatever time you weren't spending at rehearsal, school, or your job, was given to Teresa, hanging out and planning the wedding with. Dan, of course, understood how busy you were, so he didn't make you feel bad that you were too busy for dates and alone time. The hardest part was picking out the bridesmaid dresses. After a long search, Teresa was finally happy with a royal blue dress with golden trimmings. With you being the maid of honor, Teresa wanted you to have the dress different from all the bridesmaids, so she gave you a spagetti strapped dress in the same colors while the others got the off-the-shoulder dresses that Teresa originally picked out.

It was finally the day you were both excited for and dreading. It was the day Teresa got married. As her friend, you were both happy and excited for her, even if you didn't want to be. She couldn't be happier, which made you all the more happy. But you knew as she got ready that after today, after she said 'I Do,' she would be Oliver's. Her stuff was already moved into his house, leaving her old room with nothing more than her old bed and a nightstand.

"Well," she swirled around in her dress, "How do I look?"

You couldn't help but stare. She had on a strapless bodice and a long, flowing skirt that ruffled as he moved. Her hair had been highlighted with lighter shades of brown, and was tied back in a bun with a few strands dangling down like the ribbons from her veil. Small tears began to swell up your eyes,

"You look beautiful," you said,

"Deana, please don't start crying," she began to sob, "or else I'm gonna start crying,"

Yo wiped your eyes, "I don't cry, my eyes just get a little watery," you corrected her,

"Oh, whatever," she laughed

You took her hands and sat her down next to you, "This is it, Tree,"

"I know," she sighed, "I can't believe I'm getting married,"

"Believe it," you told her, "because in about a few minutes you're gonna get hitched,"

Teresa smiled, "Yeah," then she looked up at you with sad eyes, "Deana, I'm scared,"

"What's wrong?"

"I'm scared, Deana,"

"Of what?" you asked

She shook her head, "Of everything." She got up and paced the room, "Deana, I'm afraid I won't be a good wife, or a good mother. I can barely take care of myself. How am I supposed to take care of Oliver, along with kids?"

"Teresa, don't worry about that..."

"Too late," she put her hand up on her forehead, "I am freaking out right now."

"You're being too hard on yourself," you said comforting, getting up and walking over to Teresa, "Tree, nobody knows exactly how to be a good wife, or mother. It's like trying to write a book about how to figure guys out. In the end it's pointless because it's not possible,"

Teresa laughed,

"You're probably just afraid of the changes that's going to happen," you said, "Remember when you told me how scared you were when you first moved to London?"

"Mmhmm," she nodded,

"And look now," you smiled, "You got used to living here within the first month of moving in,"

"That's because I had you there," she gave you a friendly smile,

"And what makes you think I won't be there for you now?" you hugged her, "or tomorrow, or any time in the future. Tree, no matter where you go or what you do, I will always be here for you." You wiped her tears off, "Every tree has to have it's roots to hold it up,"

Teresa wrapped her arms around you and hugged you so very tightly, "Thank you so much, Deana."

"Anything for you," you whispered,

You both pulled back. Teresa looked at you with the biggest smile, "Now I have to say this before Dan does. You look beautiful."

"Thanks," you smiled, "I'm not used to getting all fancy like this," You looked across the room at the mirror. You were in your royal blue dress with the sides of your hair pulled back and held into place using small hair clips. Your hair was then lightly curled at the ends.

"Well Dan is going to drop his jaw when he see's you," Teresa grinned, "but seriously, you do look gorgeous,"

"Not as gorgeous as you," You got up, pulling Teresa up with you, "I think we should go get ready,"

The two of you made your way to the door, "You ready?"

You slowly shook your head, "I will never be ready," you smiled and took her hand, "Now let's go get you to Oliver,"