This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-5

"Teresa."

"Go away."

"Tereeeesa."

"What?" Teresa moaned

"Time to wake up,"

"Give me five more minutes," she whined, taking her pillow and slamming it in top of her head.

You siged and pulled off her comforter, "Come on, Tree. We have an hour to get ready. Emma said she and Katie would pick us up at ten thirty."

"But it's too early." she whined once more.

You gave a sly grin, "If we're lucky, we'll get to me the Phelps twins."

At the mention of the twins, Teresa shot up and rolled off the bed, landing with a loud thud, then shot her head up, "I'm awake."

You laughed, "Get dressed,"

You left Teresa's bedroom and headed for yours. After brushing your hair and changing into a black fitted tee and blue shorts, you went to the kitchen and poured yourself some cereal. You had just begun eating when Teresa scrambled out of her room wearing a green tank top with blue jeans and her hair staightened and pulled back in a ponytail. She walked over and grabbed a granola bar from the pantry.

"So do you think we'll actually meet them?" she asked as she took a bite of her granola

You shrugged, "I don't know, maybe."

"Wouldn't it be funny if you, like, met Dan and you two would fall in love with eachother and end up getting married."

"A little too high in the clouds, are we?"

She laughed, "Still, it's nice to dream."

"But we're getting a little too ahead of ourselves," you said before taking in a spoonful of cereal.

"I know, but still," she continued, "It would be just how we imagined it in highschool, wouldn't it?"

"Yeah, it would," you smiled, "but lately my love life isn't on my list of things to worry about."

"Why?" she gasped, "Do you have a boyfriend?"

"No," you answered before she could say any more, "I just haven't had time to really be concerned about it,"

"I hear you on that one,"

You smiled and took in another spoonful. You heard somebody knocking on the door. You sun in your chair and walked over to open the door.

"Hey, Deana," greeted Emma with Katie behind her.

You smiled, "Hey, come on in. We're just finishing breakfast," You stepped out of the way so that they could come in.

"Wow, you have a really nice place here," Katie complimented.

"Thanks," you grinned, "I'm finished, we just have to wait for-."

"Ready." Teresa popped up next to you, which made you jump.

"That was quick." you said.

"Not important," she replied, quickly, "Are we ready to go?"

"Yeah-"

"Then let's go," and she shot out the door.

You rolled your eyes, "Come on, we better catch her before she gets herself into trouble,"

Later...

"Haha!" Teresa laughed along with everyone else. "Remember when Carl came by our lunch table that one day during lunch?"

"How could I forget," you said,

"What happened?" Katie asked as you and Teresa laughed.

"Okay, it's seventh grade," you began, "And I was being really goofy that day, so when Teresa goes to get napkins, I shake up her soda bottle."

"Our friend, Carl, who's gay, comes by," Teresa continued, "and says hi just as I'm opening my soda and it just explodes and spills all over the table."

"Your kidding." Emma laughed.

"No joke," you confirmed. "So now what do you guys want to do?"

"I was thinking we would go meet up with Dan and everyone." Emma suggested.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I told them about you guys and they seem really interested in meeting you both."

"Anyone in particular?" Teresa asked.

You shook your head, "I don't see why not. Tree is obviously up for the idea."

"Great, let's go." Katie said as you aproached the car. You and Teresa got into the back seats and Emma was about to enter the drivers side when Katie grabbed the keys from her hands.

"I think I should drive." Katie stated, "The last time I let you drive us home you ran over a pedestrian."

"It was an accident." Emma said in her defense, "Besides it's a good thing I did otherwise we wouldn't have met such awesome people." She looked over to you, "Right De?"

"Whatever you say." was all you said.

"I'm still driving." Katie repeated.

"Fine," Emma said as she walked over to the passengers side.

"So where are we meeting them?" You questioned as the Katie started the car.

"Same place as yesterday," Katie answered

"Don't worry," Emma turned to face you, "We're not going to take you to some ditch and have them rape you."

"It's only rape if I don't want it," Teresa commented.

"Teresa!" you shoved her arm, "I apologize. She's normally not like this."

"Equus!" she squeaked, then went cross eyed and began rocking back and forth.

"Okay, she's normally weirder." you corrected.

Emma and Katie laughed, "You guys are still cool." Emma complimanted, "You're still nice to us even when we run over you and nearly get you killed."

"We?" Katie repeated.

"Okay, when I nearly killed you."

You smiled, "It's nothing."

"But I mean it sucks when you have people being jack asses to you for no reason."

"I know what you mean," you said, (And this really did happen to me) "I remember this one time, our freshman year, we were staying after school to set up for our jazz concert. Set up didn't even start for another hour and a half, so we decided to walk down the street to a McDonalds for a quick bite. As we're walking through the door, I pass by this elder woman, looked to be in her mid forties, with her two grand-children. She was exiting and we both walked though the door at the same time and she turns to me and goes 'Excuse me my children and I were trying to get through' My friends were holding the door for her and the entire time she was exiting she was staring at me with this bitch ass look on her face."

"What a whore." Emma said after you finished.

"Yeah," Teresa said, "well she was just jealous that despite her taking up nearly the entire door space, Deana was still able to get through,"

The car filled with roars of laughter, "Teresa," you choked, "That was not nice."

"Well it's the truth."

You gained in your breath, "And whats worse is I go home and tell my dad about it and he's on my side until I tell him the age of the woman. Then he goes on preaching to me how I need to respect my elders and all that crap when I didn't even say anything to her to begin with."

Katie rolled her eyes, "Parents."

"I know, they suck."

"But I get that kind of stuff all the time." Katie continued, "Especially with teenagers. I get my own personal hate clubs of teens who completely hate me with a passion just because I got to kiss Dan."

"Yeah, sorry about starting that," Teresa said meekly.

"Well, you did go out with him for awhile," Emma pointed out.

"Shut up!"

"You went out with Dan?" Teresa asked.

She shrugged, "I don't know if you can really call it 'going out' It started out just as a publicity thing, and we tried for awhile, but it didn't work out."

"How come I never heard about that?" Teresa questioned.

"It didn't last long enough," Katie explained, "By the time people had their final copy for their reports on us, we had broken up."

"Oh, we so sorry," you pouted holding up your hand hearts with teresa, who pouted along with you.

Katie and Emma saw you both and laughed, "Thanks," She pulled up into a driveway, "We're here."

You looked out of your window and saw an average looking house, painted white, and about two stories. You heard music coming from the back yard and smiking rising into the sky.

"Where's the mansion?" Teresa asked.

"We're not that rich," Emma respoonded as she took off her seatbelt. You took off yours and stepped out of the car, following Emma and Katie into the back yard with Teresa behind you.

"Emma! Katie!" came running a tall redheaded man.

"Oliver," Emma said as he hugged her, "You know we missed you all too much."

"Oliver," Katie said, "This is Deana and Teresa, the girls EMMA ran over."

"Hey, I was fine," Teresa corrected, "De was the one that got hit."

He smiled, "Katie and Emma told me about you, but they never mentioned two were so pretty."

"Nice line, lover boy," you smirked. You looked to Teresa, who had obviously fallen for the line.

Oliver stuck out his hand, "I'm Oliver,"

You shook his hand, "I'm Deana, and over here is my friend Teresa,"

"You can call me Tree if you want," she said shyly.

"Very nice, Tree." he smiled, and Teresa began blushing like mad, "Well what are we standing ver here for. Lets go meet everyone else."

You followed him to the back yard. "Emma and Katie have arrived!" Oliver announced. He turned and looked at you and Teresa, "With some company." He gave you botha gesture to come over, "Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the very brave survivors of the Emma Watson hit-and-run-."

"Oliver!"

He laughed, "Everyone, meet Teresa and Deana."

You waved, "Hi everyone."

The people all came over to meet you. "So you're the survivors, huh?" said a blonde man you recognized to be Tom Felton. "Very lucky. We usually wind up eating everything Emma hits,"

"Tom, don't scare them like that!" Emma scolded, "I'm lucky they didn't put a lawsuit on me!"

He chuckled, "I'm Tom,"

You smiled, "That's okay. Sour sarcasm is my life."

"Same here," Teresa agreed.

"Good to know some people ahve a good sense of humor," Said another red-head. "I'm James, Olivers brother,"

"Oliver has a brother?" you asked sarcastically.

"Theres two of you?" Teresa grew a big perverted grin on her face.

"Stop it, Teresa." you put a hand over her face.

James pointed to two other people behind him, "Over here hiding, we have Rupert and Dan." he took them by the shoulders and pushed them up front to you and Teresa, "Go say hi,"

They both turned to you, "Hi," Rupert spoke first, "I'm Rupert,"

Teresa waved, "I'm Teresa, Tree for short, and this is Deana,"

"And you must be Dan," you said to Dan.

He nodded, "Nice to meet you both."

"Well now that the introductions are done," James spoke up, "let's eat," He walked over to the grill, "I hope you two like your hamburgers well done,"

"I sure do." Teresa said.

"I don't eat meat," You said quietly,

"Say what?" James asked.

"I said I don't eat meat," you repeated.

"That's alright," Tom said walking up behind you, "I'll get you a salad from inside." You two just go sit down."

"Thanks Tom," you smiled and turned to sit with the others.

"Hey, De," Oliver greeted, "Emma was just telling us you and Tree are also into acting."

"Yeah," you admitted, "But it's not T.V. and movies kind of stuff. We're more into the onstage live audience work."

"Wow. You already have something in common with Dan." Rupert said elbowing Dan who sat at the end of the table and began smiling.

"Yeah, but I doubt I'll be in any shows that require me to get butt naked," At that point the whole table began laughing and Dan sort of sulked in his seat and blushed like mad.

"No, no, no Dan," you looked at him sympathetically, "I didn't mean it like that. Trust me, I think it takes a lot of guts to go out in front of hundreds of people in the nude." more giggles came, "I could never do that."

"Why? I'm sure you would look great naked," James said holding the plate of burgers. Tom came behind him and gave you a plate of salad, which you thanked him for.

"Eww! James!" Katie yelled, "Be nice,"

"I'm sorry," he chuckled.

You rolled your eyes, then turned back to Dan, "You forgive me?"

He smiled, "Yes, I forgive you,"

You smiled back, "Yaaay, forgiveness,"

"So back to the acting thing," Oliver continued, "What's up with that?"

"We're both going to Hocking College," Teresa explained, "I won a scholarship there and just recently moved in,"

"I've been attending Hocking for over a year," you said, "We're both really into musicals,"

"So you sing, too?" Tom asked surprisingly, "Sexy,"

"I guess you can say that," Teresa waved her hand side to side, then pointed to you, "She's the choir nerd,"

"You never told me you were in choir," Emma said.

You shrugged, "It was kind of an on-and-off thing up until highschool."

"Well sometime, you'll have to sing for us," Oliver decided.

"Sure," you shrugged. You stood up and got out of your seat, "I need to use the restroom,"

"Upstairs, second door to the right," Emma directed you,

"Thanks," you thanked her before turning, "Be right back," And headed inside