This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-51

You walked over and gently slid your fingers in between Dan's and the two of you walked to his car. The air was filled with a nice cool breeze that chilled your arms and sent chills down your spine. Through the coat you could feel goosebumps forming all over your arms. You lifted your arms up to your hair and tookout the clips that held your hair back, letting them fall over onto your shoulders.

"Why are you taking your clips off?" Dan questioned,

"Because I feel like it," you said putting the clips in your purse, "I don't like having myhair up."

"Why not?"

You shrugged, "I don't know. I just don't,"

Dan tucked a lock you your hair behind your ear, "There," he smiled, "Now I can see your pretty face,"

You reached Dan's car and walked around to the passengers side. You reached for the door handle, when you felt someone grab your hand,

"Deana," Dan said softly into your hair,

You turned around and not a moment after he leaned in, his arms on either side of you with you pressed against the car, and kissed you passionatly. Within a few seconds you wrapped your arms around his neck and pulled him in deeper into the kiss.

"You really do look beautiful tonight," he whispered,

"Thanks," you smiled, "I'm not use to getting all fancy like this,"

"Well you look nice," he smiled, opening the door behind you. "Now I better take you home,"

You sat down in the passengers seat and closed the door as Dan ran around to the other side. He started the car up and instantly the warm air pushed their way out of the vents. Dan gave you one last kiss before pulling out of the driveway and taking you home.

...

It was weird waking up the next morning. For a minute you had forgotten about everything that had happened, Teresa getting married and moved out. But once you stretched your arms out and and regained full conciousness, you remembered that your best friend no longer lived with you anymore. You took a long, sad sigh and pushed yourself out of bed. You walked out of your bedroom and instantly took notice of the room once occupied by Teresa. There was so much stuff and junk when she had been living here. Now all that was left was the bed, dresser, and the painted walls.

'I'm gonna really miss her,' you thought sadly, 'Things just won't be the same,'

You gave the room another forlorn look and went for the kitchen. You hadn't eaten at all since the dinner, which wasn't much. You felt really hungry, so you took out a bowl of cereal and popped a bagel into the toaster. you munched down your cereal, and by the time you were done your bagel was ready. You took the toasted bagels out and spread cream cheese over them. You went over to the couch and turned on the TV as you took your first bite. You watched the TV for awhile until the phone rang.

"Hello," you greeted through your mouthful of food,

"Hey," Dan spoke,

"Hey," you said cheerfully in an attempt to swallow your food at the same time, "What's up?"

"Just wanted to see how you're doing," he said, "How do you feel?"

"Horrible," you groaned, "I miss Tree too much,"

"I'm sorry," Dan said sympathetically,

"It's just really boring without her here, you know? I miss the company,"

"Well we can do something, if you want to,"

"Sure," you smiled, "That would be great,"

"Cool. What do you want to do?" he asked

"Maybe we could catch a movie," you suggested, "I hear there's a really good horror movie playing!" you said excitedly

Dan chuckled, "You and your horror films,"

"What?" you asked, "There's nothing wrong with a person liking blood and guts getting splattered,"

"Oh yeah," Dan said sarcastically, "Absolutely nothing wrong,"

You laughed, "So what time do you want to leave?"

"Can I pick you up in an hour?"

"Sure," you said, "I just have to be back by two for work and play rehearsal."

"That'll be fine," he said, "I'll see you in an hour then,"

"Alright then," you said and then hung up.