This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-52

"Get ready everyone!" your director shouted through the dressing rooms, "The show starts in an hour,"

Jane turned to you, "How are you feeling?"

You sighed, still looking at your reflection, "Nervous," you giggled, "but excited. You?"

"Same," she said, "But this is the moment I've been waiting for nearly my entire life,"

"Me too," you paused, "or at least one of them,"

Jane laughed, "Yeah." She looked behind her back to take a quick glance at Julia, "Are you worried about Julia?"

You grabbed yoiur mascera, "Why should I be?"

"Like I said before," she reminded you, "Julia will do just about anything to get the part she wants. Considering she's been really quiet about it since January, I wouldbe scared shit,"

You took a break from applying your make-up, "What is she going to do now? We're an hour away from the show. There isn't really much she can do,"

"She always finds a way," she looked over, "And speaking of the she-devil,"

"Hey, Deana," you heard a preppy voice from behind you, which you instantly recognized. You slowly turned around to face non other than Julia.

"Hey, Julia," you forced a grin on your face,

"I was just coming over to make sure you were ready for the show."

"Trust me," you assured her, "I'm ready,"

"I mean it's like my daddy always says," she went on, "You think you can do anything until it comes to the point where you actually have to do it, especially in front of an audience,"

"Which I've done before," you told her in an annoyed tone,

"But not with an audience as big as what we've got, am I right?"

You gave her a mean glare, "No, but I don't see it as any different,"

You turned back to the mirror to finish your make-up, "Did I mention we'll be put on live TV?" Julia added quickly

"About a million times," you said in a low tone,

"And like I've said before," she continued, "Accidents can happen at any time,"

You slammed down your mascera, "You know what?" you turned slowly, "I do know that because you don't tell me that enough times. I'm sorry if you feel bad about not getting the part you wanted, and I'm even sorrier that you feel the only way you can get my part is by knocking me out, but even if somehow I couldn't go on, you would be the last person they would choose to take my place. So stop trying to win it for your self, because the director is going to have to go through a lot of people before they settle with you. So please just leave me alone."

At this point Julia had on the most meanest face you've seen on anyone. "Don't say I didn't warn you," she growled before walking away.

"Whatever, bitch," you said under your breath.

Jane leaned forward, "So are you still not worried?"

You shook your head, "No. I'm not,"

...

"Come on, De," Jane called from the dressing room door, "The show starts in fifteen minutes,"

"I'll be there soon," you called back to her, getting the rest of your costume on,

"Hurry up," she persisted, "I don't want to be late,"

"You go ahead," you told her, "I'll catch up with you,"

"Be careful," Jane warned you, "I saw Julia roaming the halls earlier,"

"I can take care of myself," you said, "I'm a big girl. Now go,"

Jane rolled her eyes and left. You stood there with your foot on the nearby chair, lacing up your shoes. You pulled up the laces into a tie and stood up to examine yourself in the mirror. You had on a pair of dark jeans with a dark purple tank top on and a gray sweater on over it. you would later have to change into your exotic dancer outfit, which the shoes would do perfectly in. You gave yourself one satisfying look and zoomed out the door. By now the halls were empty, the only sound was your shoes when they hit the floor. You started heading towards the back green room, when you suddenly felt another presence in the halls. There was nothing inparticular happening, but something in your gut told you you were not alone. You looked around suspiciously and continued walking to meet the rest of the cast.

You still kept your guard up, but didn't show any sign of weakness. You were almost there when suddenly someone grabbed you out of the closet and pulled you into its darkness. You struggleed with all your might to break out, but the held their hand over your mouth so tightly you could barely breath. You opened your mouth and bit into them with all your might, and heard them groan with pain. After much struggle you ran out of air and passed out.

The persons hand let go and let your limp body fall to the ground unconcious. Then she snickered and opened the door wide enough to let her out.

"Accidents happen at the most unexpevted times," Julia sneered as she locked the door,