This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-53

"Has anyone seen Deana?" the director freaked out, "Where is Deana?"

"What's going on?" Jane asked

"I'll tell you what's wrong," he said, "We start the show in five minutes and Deana can't be found,"

"What do you mean she can't be found?" Jane asked, "I just saw her in the dressing room just awhile ago,"

"The dressing rooms have been checked three times," He groaned, "Where could she be?"

Jane looked around until she saw Julia walking upp to them, "I think I may have an idea,"

"I heard something was wrong," Julia said in an innocent tone, "What happened?"

"We can't find Deana,"

"Yeah," jane sneered, "You wouldn't happen to know what happened to her, would you?"

Julia shook her head, "No idea. I saw her a while ago to wish her good luck and that was an hour ago,"

'Hour ago my ass,' Jane thought. She knew Julia knew something she wasn't telling the director,

"So who'se going to take her part?" Julia asked

"I don't know who could," he sighed,

"I could," Julia said. Jane could feel her fists clenching up, "I have all the songs and lines memorized and I could probably fix up a few costumes before I need them,"

"No, you can't!" Jane protested,

"And why not?" Julia sneered

"Because I know Deana was looking forward to this all month. She wouldn't just walk away from it at last minute,"

"Maybe the baby got scared,"

"She was not scared," Jane snapped, "Trust me, if you don't scare her, then performing would be far on her list of things to be scared of,"

Julia glared and moved forward as if to punch Jane, but got stopped by the director,

"Enough, both of you," he raised his voice. He turned his head back and forth from Jane to Julia until he gave out a big sigh, "Julia, go change,"

"What?"

"Oh, thank you," Julia smiled proudly. She looked at Jane and gave her and evil grin before she ran to the dressing room to change her clothes, "I'm so excited,"

Jane looked up to the director, "How could you do that? You know she did something to her,"

He turned to Jane, "Now what do you expect us to do, stop the show completely and send a search party out for her? We can't do that,"

"I know, but-"

"The show starts in three minutes," he repeated, "We can't wait that long for her,"

"Just hear me out," Jane said befor he could say anything else, "Mimi's character doesn't even come on until after One Song Glory. Give me until then to find her,"

"And if you don't?"

Jane sighed, "Then Julia can have the part,"

The director pondered, "It's a orgasm,"

...

Moments later you woke up feeling a sore pain on your head. You got up on your feet and rubbed the spot on your head that hurt. It was very dark, wherever you were. The thing was you didn't know where you were. It was too dark to even see your hands in front of you. You felt around the walls and realized you were in a small closet, for you also feel a mop, broom, and a few other cleaning supplies. You lifted your hand and looked at your watch: the show had already started!

"Shit!" you cursed. You felt around until you felt the doorknob. You twisted it in every direction, but the door would not open.

"Julia did this, that bitch!" You pounded on the door, "Let me out of here!"

"Deana!" you heard Janes voice from the outside, "Where are you?"

"I'm in the closet!" you shouted

"What happened?" Janes said frantically as she neared the closet door

"I'll give you one guess,"

"Julia,"

You punched the door, "That's right,"

You heard Jane run up to the closet, "Are you in here?"

"Yeah," you said, "but the door's locked. How did you find me?"

"I took a look at the security cameras," she explained, "The director was pissed when it really was Julia that locked you in,"

"Just hurry up and get me out of here," you shouted, "The shows already started,"

"I can't open the door," she said fumbling with the knob, "She refuses to up the key,"

"Stand back," you ordered. You took a step back yourself. You centered your leg and swung it around, kicking it into the door. A loud crack came from the door and you could see a bright light coming from the door. You swung your arm forward and punched into the door again, making a bigger hole than before. Jane came forward and pulled away more pieces of the door. You pushed the loose wood off and climbed through.

"Where did you learn to do that?"

"Moving into a big city, every girl has to know how to defend herself," you told her. "Let's go!"

...

"Is she here?" The director asked worriedly

One of the actors shook her head, "No one can find her,"

He sighed, "She has to be here soon. Otherwise we'll have no choice but to put Julia onstage,"

"No we won't," you called forward,

"Deana," the director shouted with relief, "I am so sorry about what happened,"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I forgive you." you shook your head, "Where are we?"

"Jack just started One Song Glory" he told you, "Which means you need to get out there now!"

You turned to Jane, "Break a leg," you gave her thumbs up,

"Break yours, too," she shouted to you as you ran to the stage.