This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-54

"Oh my god," you squealed during the intermission, "That was so fucking cool!"

"Didn't I tell you?" Jane laughed at your excitement,

You laughed with her, "Yeah, I know I'm acting like an amature, but this is my first big show,"

"And you were great,"

"You were too," you responded,

"Awwe, thanks," she hugged you

"So how long until we go back up?" you asked as you took a sip of your water

Jane looked at her watch, "Seven minutes,"

"I can't wait," you smiled

"So how are things with you and Dan going?"

You shrugged, "Good, I guess,"

"How long have you been dating now?"

You thought for a moment, "For about seven months,"

"Awwe, that's so sweet," Jane grinned, "over half a year of dating and already in love,"

"Who said we were in love?"

"It's so obvious!" Jane pointed out,

"How?"

"Well you can never go one rehearsal without talking about him," She listed, "and...I don't know, but you can tell. Everyone can tell from all those pictures,"

You rolled your eyes with a groan. You hated talking about how you and Dan were featured in nearly every magazine in London.

"What about the pictures?" you asked, brushing off your anger

"It's just the way you guys look at eachother," she said, "Especially Dan,"

"You're lying,"

"Do you even look at the way you look at eachother?" Jane asked

"I prefer not to look at every magazine that has me and Dan on the cover." you retorted

"Well one of these days you should," Jane told you, "I think he's in love with you,"

"He is not," you argued,

"Is so,"

"Is not,"

"Is to,"

"Oh, whatever," you finally ended the argument

"Fine," Jane grinned, "Be that way, but you know it's true,"

You grabbed her arm, "Come on, let's go get ready,"

...

"I can't believ we finished our first show!" you screamed as you ran into the dressing rooms "I feel so...so...accomplished!"

"You did an awesome job," Jane grinned

"Thanks, but you know what?" you made a gesture to the others behind you, "We all did a kick ass awesome job!"

Everyone cheered

You got up on a chair that was sitting nearby, "And I say we all go celebrate our successful show by having a cast dinner at one of Londons most elegant restaurants. Spread the word: We feast at Pizza Express!"

Laughs and cheers were given as you jumped down and began undressing

"Do you think Pizza Express is still open this late?" Sara, one of the cast members asked,

"An entire broadway cast is coming to eat," you said as-a-matter-of-factly, "If they aren't, they will be for tonight,"

She giggled.

"So how many more shows do we have?" you asked

"We have six more months before we all need to renew our contracts," Jane said, "which I will be doing,"

"I'm not sure," you commented,

"What do you mean you're not sure?" Jane acted surprisingly, "You're perfect for Mimi,"

"Yeah," you hesitated, "but I want to have a little time for myself before the next audition comes along, you know? Rent isn't the only musical I want to do."

"Same for me," she said, "but still, this is the best part I've gotten in my whole acting carrer! I don't want to give it up that easily,"

"That's good," you said as you snapped on your jeans, "and once I find that role that gets me hooked, I'll do the same thing. But for me, six months is long enough for being Mimi. I'll just give the part to another girl who dreams of being Mimi Marquez,"

Jane put an arm on your shoulder, "We're all going to miss you, De,"

You shoved her hand off, "Cut it out. I'm not leaving yet,"

"I know," she laughed, "I'm just kidding with you,"

You stuck out your tongue, "Ha ha,"

"Deana," another member of the cast called your name, "There's a group of people outside waiting for you,"

You grabbed your sweater, "I'll meet you outside, Jane,"

"Tell everyone I said hi,"

You waved at her and walked out the door, where the whole gang was there to greet you, "Hey guys,"

"Oh my god!" Teresa squealed, "It's the world famous broadway star, Deana Vazquez!"

You grinned as Teresa ran to you and jumped you with an airtight hug, "Hey, Tree,"

She let go, "Miss Vazquez, I am a huge fan of yours! I have listened to your singing for, like ever,"

"Oh, thank you," you grinned

Oliver came forward next to hug you, "You were great,"

"Thank you,"

Emma and Katie were the next to embrace you, "You were fantastic,"

Tom then came out with a bouquet of flowers, "These are for you, my lady,"

"Oooo," you awed as you took the flowers from him, "You all are awesome," Your eyes instantly went searching forDan, who soon came out, "Hello, stranger," you said seductively,

Dan smiled, "You were great out there, Deana,"

You leaned forward and embraced eachother, "Thanks, Dan," You turned to the others, "Thank you all for coming. It means a lot to me,"

"You know we wouldn't miss this for anything," Teresa smiled, "So are you ready to go?"

"Actually the cast is going out to eat right now," you said,

Tree shrugged, "That's okay. We'll see you tomorrow then," she grabbed the flowers, "We'll just take these until you pick them up,"

You laughed, "Yeah, so thanks for coming everyone,"

She laughed, "Well bye, De. Great job tonight,"

The others said goodbye and left except for Dan, who stayed behind.

"I thought they'd never leave," he grinned as he wrapped his arms around you and pulled you in for a kiss,

"That was nice," you smiled, "Now seriously, I have to go, I have no car so I need to catch up with my ride,"

"Alright, if you must," he leaned in and kissed your lips once again,

You giggled, "Aren't you in the kissing mood this evening,"

Dan kissed you again, "Well I enjoy kissing the woman I love,"

Your smile fell from your face, "You said what now?"

He gulped, "I said...that I love you,"

At that moment the doors flew open with a large group of your cast friends flowing out, "Come on, De," one of them said grabbing your arm, "Let's go!"

"Alright," you said softly. She still held onto your arm and pulled you from Dan and to the exit. You were guided out the door as your eyes stayed placed on a very sad Dan who looked like his heart had just been broken.