This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-59

You felt bored this evening. Another week had passed on by real quickly. You were usually kept busy with school, work, and Rent, but today was another day where you had nothing to do. Teresa was unavailable right now, and Dan had to do an interview (yes he is still very famous). You finally decided to take a walk around town and see what was going on, maybe buy a few things that came to interest. You were out the door in a few moments. There wasn't much going on today, so you kept on walking around until you unexpectedly bumped into Rupert.

"Hey, Rupert." you greeted,

"Deana, what a nice surprise," he smiled, "How have you been?"

"Good, and you?"

"Same,"

"So tell me what's been up with you," you said, "We haven't seen you around,"

"I've just been a little busy," he shrugged,

You looked at the bags in his hands, "Doing a little shopping?"

He followed your gaze to his bags, "Yeah, just shopping for a friend,"

You looked in a little deeper and took the bag. Your hand went inside around the clothes and underwear, which was all for girls,

"Would you happen to be shopping for a girl, by any chance?"

"Yeah," Rupert answered, "A younger cousin of mine is turning twelve,"

You searched a little deeper until you found the proof that it wasn't a twleve year old, "So I'm guessing she's a very developed twelve-year-old," you stated holding up a C-cup bra,

"Okay, she's fourteen," he corrected nervously,

"Interesting," you said, reaching in and holding up a pair of thongs, "You must be a good cousin if her parents are allowing you to buy these for her,"

Rupert snatched them from your hands as you giggled and stuffed them back into the bag, "Alright, it's not for my cousin,"

"Then who is it for?"

"This other girl," he whispered

"Who?"

"No one you know," he said, "Someone I found off the streets,"

"Off the streets!" you repeated loudly,

"Yes," he hissed, "It's sort of complicated,"

"I've got no where special to go," you took the bags, "but while I'm walking with you I should hold these,"

"Good idea," he said handing the bags over to you,

"So whats all this finding her off the streets,"

"So I'm driving around one evening," he started, "And I need to go down this one alley to get home. All of a sudden I see someone walk out from the shadows in front of my car. There she is, torn clothes, shivering body, typical poor girl. I get out and ask her if she needs help,"

"Then what happened?"

"She faints from exhaustion," Rupert said, "I get her into my truck and rush her over to the hospital for medical help."

"Oh my god," you gasped, "Was she okay?"

"She is now," he assured you,

"What happened to her?" you asked

"Well from what she told me, she use to live in the states until a few years ago. She then came over to London to persue a music career, but she could never get a good break. She eventually couldn't pay for her apartment, and then she ended up on the streets,"

"It couldn't be," you muttered to yourself,

"Couldn't be what?"

"Oh nothing?" you snapped quickly, "So what's her name?"

"Brianna," Rupert answered

Your mind raced even more, but you didn't show it, "What does she look like?"

"Well she's very thin,"

"After living off the streets I wouldn't doubt it," you commented

"Yeah," he agreed, "She has long, dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. She's about your height, just a couple of years older than you,"

'It couldn't be her,' you pondered in your head, 'Could it?'

"Are you okay, De?" Rupert asked, "You're zoning out,"

You snapped your head back, "Yeah, I'm okay," you shifted your body to face him, "Listen, I still have a few errands to do. How about I go do whatever I need to and I'llstop by a little later to drop off these clothes,"

"Sounds great," Rupert smiled, "I was getting a little embarrased of carrying around girl clothes,"

"I'll come by in about an hour,"

"I'll see you then," Rupert agreed, "Thanks for doing this,"

"No problem." you grinned. You both said your goodbyes and went your separate ways. As soon as you were sure that Rupert was gone, you flipped out your cell phone and quickly dialed Teresa's number.

"Hey, De," she spoke

"Teresa, I've got big news,"

"What is it?"

"You remember Brie, right?"

"Yeah,"

"I think I found her,"

"You what?!"

"Okay, technically Rupert found her," you corrected yourself,

"Rupert found Brie?!"

"He might have," you said, "I just finished talking to him. He said he found a girl off the streets last week, dirty blonde hair, very thin, blue eyes and a few years older than me. He even said her name is Brianna."

"A lot of people could fit that description, Deana,"

"But not all of them use to live in America to then move to London to persue a music career,"

"That is an odd coincidence," she commented

"There are no such things as coincidences," you said,

"You really think it could be her?" Teresa asked,

"I'm pretty sure," you answered, "Their stories are too much alike,"

"I am going to feak out if it really is Brie," she said excitedly, "I haven't seen her in a long time,"

"Me either," you said, "Listen, I'll call you back later. I have to go, but I'll talk to you more later on her,"

"Okay, I'll talk to you later,"

"Bye,"

By this time you thought it would be best to head home so that you could at least be sure you you could get to Ruperts house when promised. You turned to the other direction and called for a cab, which soon came to your assistance. You soon arrived at your apartment, where you thanked him and paid what you owed. As soon as he left you raced up to your room and dropped the bags on the couch. As soon as you got to the bedroom you slid down to the floor next to the side of your bed. You reached inside, takingout other boxes that were in the way, until you found a chest small enough to fit under your bed. You opened it up and carefully rummaged through it until you found an old picture of you and Brie. It was when you had first moved in with her, right before you had started your senior year of highschool.

Even though Brie was turning ninteen that year, she was also going to be entering her senior year of highschool, for the fact that her parents had held her back for the first couple of years. Her mom was just as bad as your dad, so seeing as she was legally able to move out on her own as an adult, she left and got a place of her own. By that summer you couldn't stand living with your dad anymore, and where you lived, it was legal for a kid under eighteen to move out as long as as they had a car and a job. You already had a job, and since you were paying for the truck, you had ownership rights to it. Brie almost instantly asked you to move in with her, and you accepted just as fast as she had asked. Within two weeks you had packed up everything from your clothes to your bed and left the house for good.

Then as soon as school ended she fled to England so that she could get a career in broadway. After that no one ever heard from her. Partly the reason you went to London was to hopefully bump into her. You looked down at the two of you in the picture, all covered in paint, being your goofy selves. It brought back so many memories.

...

***"Brie! Cut it out!" you laughed loudly, "My stomach hurts!"

"Deana, you know you're a bad lier when you're being tickled," she giggled as she tickled you.

"Gee, I didn't know so many people could do that," you chuckled

"They can't,"

You gave her a shove, "Get off of me,"

"Alright," Brie giggled, "But you owe me later,"

"Fine, I will meet you in your room for two hours of lesbian sex later," you joked, "but not now,"

Brie laughed, "I'm so glad I have you as a roomate,"

"Me too," you smiled, "I can't thank you enough for inviting me to live with you,"

"I couldn't let you stay at home," she said wrapping an arm around you, "Your dad is as bad as my mom. And he's the man of the house,"

You gave her a hug, "Well thank you for everything. It's going to be awesome,"

"It sure will,"

You leaned over to grab you camera and brought it over to you, "Let's take a picture right now to remember this day years from now when we're old women trying to feel young,"

"No," Brie protested, "You know I don't like pictures,"

"Brie, we are both covered in paint," you said wiping your finger on her nose, "No one is going to care what's under the paint," You held out the camera in front of you, "Now smile and say 'Moving Day'"

"Moving Day," she smiled as you pressed the button. You turned the camera around and looked at the goofy picture of the two of you.

"I think we look sexy," you nodded your head,

"Me too," she agreed with a sigh before gazing around at your room, "Boy, I think we did a really good job on your room, if I do say so myself,"

"I think we did, too," you agreed with her, "And to celebrate we should go out for ice cream, my treat,"

"Dressed like this?"

"It's not like we haven't gone out looking worse," you pointed out,

Brie shrugged, "That's true. Let's go then,"

By now you were hoping with all your heart that it was Brie. You didn't realize until now how much you missed her. She helped you when no one else was willing to do anything and you felt you owed her for that. You weren't supposed to be at Ruperts for another half hour, but at this point you could not wait any longer. You put on your shoes once again and grabbed the shopping bags as you dashed to the door.***