This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-60

It took you a little while to get to Ruperts house, seeing as he lived a little bit farther from you. You had a little trouble getting into his neighborhood, but once there it was no challenge to find his house, seeing he was the only one there who owned an ice cream truck. You quickly drove your car into his driveway and made a harsh stop. Once you grabbed the shopping bags, you got out of your car and slammed it shut. You took a deep breath and walkedup to the door and rang the doorbell.

Rupert opened up the door, "Hey, De," he greeted, "I wasn't expecting you for a little while now,"

"Well I was in the neighborhood," you shrugged, "I came by to give you these,"

He reached out and took the bags from you, "Thanks. Eventually I'll be needing these,"

"Anytime," you smiled

After a few moments, Rupert said, "You want to come in?"

"Sure," you nodded as you casually walked in. You looked around as Rupert closed the door, "So where is she?"

"Who?"

"Brianna," you said more specifically,

"She's upstairs in the guest bedroom," he answered, "but she wanted to be left alone, so I don't think you should go see her,"

"Oh, okay," you said, "Can I use the bathroom?"

Rupert nodded, "Down the hall, first door to your right,"

You thanked him and followed his directions. You entered the bathroom and was about to fall asleep, but heard something from a room further down the hall. Your curiosity got the better of you, and you decided to follow the halls further down. As you got closer to the open door, you could see a person, a girl, sitting on a bed, reading a book. Her back was turned towards you so she obviously couldn't see you as you leaned against the door frame. Your fist shook nervously as you knocked on the side of the wall.

She jumped, "Who are you?" she asked in an annoyed tone,

"I-I'm sorry to bother you, "You apologized, "I needed to drop off some clothes to Rupert-"

"Well you're here, you've done it, now leave," she turned back to her book.

You took very slow steps into the bedroom, trying not to disturb her until you were close enough.

"I asked you to leave," she said more sternly,

You walked around the bed and kneeled down in front of her,

"Rupert!" she called, "Get in here!"

"Brie,"

She turned her head slowly, "What did you call me?"

"Brie," you repeated. You were positive it was her, "Spelled B-R-I-E."

"How do you know-" she gasped

"Is everything alright?" Rupert asked before coming in, "Deana, I said she didn't want to-"

"Diva!" Brie shouted as she leaped off the bed into your arms. The two of you started jumping around in circles screaming at the top of your lungs, nearly causing poor Rupert to go deaf.

"Did I miss something?" he asked rubbing his ears once you two calmed down.

"Deana, I can't believe I got to see you again!" she squealed, "How have you been?"

"I've been good," you said with a grin so big you could feel your face cracking, "And you?"

"Not so good,"

"I'll take that as a yes," Rupert muttered, "What's going on?"

"Rupert, this is one of my closest friends, and my first roomate," You said with an arm around her, "Brie Armes,"

"Small world, isn't it?" Brie laughed,

"Oh yes," Rupert rolled his eyes, "Very small,"

You turned back to face Brie again, "Oh my god, Brie. I haven't seen you in the longest time,"

"I know!" she squealed, "I haven't talked to you since we were living together,"

"How have you been?"

"Same old, same old. And you?"

"Good,"

The two of you sat back down on the bed and rambled on like two little girls. Rupert smiled at you both and soon left. You spent a number of hours talking and chatting on the bed, catching up on each others lives. Finally as the sun began to set, you said your goodbyes and you left.