This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-62

Having Brie move in brought back with you brought back so many memories of when you moved in with her. That day consisted of moving heavy stuff in, paint fights, and two girls goofing off like weirdos. Today was no different, except for the heavy stuff. By the time Brie got to your apartment with what she had for belongings you had already pushed all the bedroom furniture to the center of the room and covered the floors so that the carpet wouldn't get stained. Once again Brie told you that you didn't need to repaint the room just for her, but you insisted. She was your friend, you wanted this to be a place she could truely feel reflected her.

Well, the paint tins were opened and the fighting began. You spent hours splashing eachother with the painted brushes, laughing like heyenas. You finally got down to work and used what was left of the paint to color her room. Once the base color was done drying, you got started on the decoratives. You could tell Brie was pleased with how her room turned out when you finished.

"I can't believe this is going to be my room," she gawked in amazement, "It's too good to be real,"

You picked up a paint brush and stroked it on her nose, "Wake up and smell the paint, hon. It's real,"

"I can't thank you enough, De," she hugged you, "For everything,"

"It's no big deal," You reached behind you to the bed with Brie's arms still around you, "but if you really wanted to, there is a way you can make it up to me,"

"Anything,"

You pulled from her grip, "You remember when I moved in with you, when we were finished with my room I took that picture of us so that when we were old and gray we could look at it to feel young again,"

"Yeah," she answered suspiciously,

You swung your hand out from behind, which in it held a camera, "Let's add another one to that album," you stated with a grin,

"Deana," she groaned as you brought her over by the arm, "You know I don't like pictures,"

"Neither do I," you said holding the camera above the two of you, "so suck it up and say 'Moving Day'"

"Moving Day," Brie smiled into the camera as you snapped the camera and took the picture. You brought the camera down to look at what you two looked like,

"Oh my god," Brie laughed, "We looked like retards,"

"Yeah, but when we get old we'll wish we looked like that," you smiled, "I'm definetly keeping this,"

"Well, we have nothing to do until the rest of the paint dries," Brie stated, "What do we do now?"

"Well after telling Teresa about you, she's pretty excited about seeing you,"

"You don't mean Teresa D'Aversa, do you?" Brie asked

You nodded, "Same girl,"

"You mean she's the one whose married to Oliver Phelps?"

You nodded once more,

"Wow, you're not the only one living in the celebrity world,"

You giggled, "Anyway, if I call her real quick and we go take showers, we could all hang out. I could even try to invite Katie and Emma,"

"Let me guess, Emma Watson and Katie Leung,"

"You got it,"

Brie sighed, "You pretty much have the connections with the entire Harry Potter cast, don't you,"

"It was them I first met," you said, "Remember? I told you she ran me over with her car,"

"Oh yeah," she remembered, "When you were running away from that old creep,"

"So you want to do that?"

"Sure," she shrugged, "but I call shower first," and she dashed for the bathroom,

"Fine but make it a quick one," you called as she shut the bathroom door, 'What am I thinking?' you thought to yourself, 'The poor girl hasn't had a good shower in probably years until Rupert found her. It's going to be awhile.'

You smiled to yourself as you picked up the phone, dialing Teresa's number first. She picked up almost instantly,

"Hey, De," she answered, How have you been?"

"I've been good," you said, "Hey, Tree. You aren't busy today, are you?"

"No," she replied after a short thought, "I've got nothing special planned,"

"Well Brie and I were wondering if you maybe wanted to come meet us by the London Cafe to go shopping and hang out,"

"Sure," Teresa said enthusiastically, "I would love to. What time?"

You looked over to the bathroom door, "Well Brie's in the shower right now, so that'll be about an hour," you heard Teresa laugh at your comment, "And then I need to get in and get ready, so how about two-thirty?"

"Sounds good," she said, "Is anyone else coming?"

"I want to invite Katie and Emma," you told her,

"Okay, I'll see you then,"

"Okay, bye,"

You hung up and then called Katie and Emma to tell them about your hangout. They were more than happy to meet you guys and you told them where to meet you and when. Once you were done, Brie had just gotten out of the shower. You told her of the plan before you closed the bathroom door behind you and started up the shower for yourself. Of course, you didn't stay in there very long seeing Brie used up almost all the hot water. You got out, dried off and got dressed. You got out of your bedroom and saw Brie sitting on the couch watching TV. As soon as she saw you, though, she turned it off and leaped off the couch. The two of you then left for the car.

...

"Hey, Teresa," you called from your parking spot.

Tree turned around almost instantly and ran towards you, "Oh my god, De," she said squeezing you tightly, "How are you?"

"Good," you smiled hugging her back. You looked over her shoulder and saw Katie and Emma walking behind her and waved from your embrace. When she finally pulled away you turned to Brie, "Brie you remember-"

"BRIE!!!" Teresa screamed, going over to her and hugging her tighter than she did you.

"Hey, Teresa," she said softly,

"Brianna, I have not seen you for what seems like forever." Teresa squealed as she pulled back, her hands still grasping Brie's shoulders, "You look so good,"

"Thanks," Brie smiled, "You do too,"

You laughed at Brie's awkwardness, "Anyway," you cut in, "Brie, this is Emma and Katie. Guys, this is Brie."

Katie and Emma both extended out their hands, "Nice to meet you, Brie,"

She shyly shook their hands, "You too,"

"So now that we have the introductions done," Teresa said excitedly, "What do we do now?"

"I heard of this really nice boutique that just opened on 53rd street," Katie suggested, "I've been meaning to go there for awhile now,"

You turned to Brie, "It's up to you, Brie," you said, What do you say?"

She shrugged, "I guess. Why not?"

At that moment Katie and Emma both grabbed her arms and pulled her down the sidewalk, with Teresa pushing her from behind "Great," Emma grinned, "Because we are going to take you on such a shopping spree you won't believe such clothes exist,"

"Great," Brie groaned, attempting to smile, "Sounds like fun,"

You laughed silently to yourself as you followed to the store.

...

Emma wasn't kidding about the shopping spree. You guys went to probably every girls store in London, buying almost everything for Brie (by that I mean almost everything she was interested in) By the time you came home, you both had to make five round trips to the car to get all of her stuff up to her room. You were lucky it all fit in the closet and dressers, but just barely.

"I have never seen so many clothes in my entire life," Brie groaned, "let alone owned as many,"

"I guess Teresa told them about how you lived on the streets," you said,

"That's the last time I let a celebrity know I've been poor," she chuckled,

"At least they want to be your friend," you said on their behalf, "They're actually really nice,"

"I just hope they won't be like this every time we hang out,"

You laughed, "Don't worry, they won't,"

Brie shifted in her seat, "So what about Dan? What is he like?"

You rolled your eyes. You knew this was coming, "Well he's really nice," you began, "and he's also polite, and cute. He can be funny a times, and then he's really sensitive..."

"Sounds like love," she interrupted your rambling

You groaned, "Why does everyone say that?"

"Because it's true,"

"And how would you know?" you asked

"Deana, I may have been poor, but that doesn't mean I didn't look at the magazines and tabloids before the owner of the store kicked me out," Brie stated, "I've been there since your first boyfriend, and every other one since then. The last time I saw look like that with a guy was with Derek,"

"Please don't bring him up," you said quickly,

"De," she continued, "I know you felt pretty upset after what he did to you, and I don't blame you for wanting nothing to do with guys, but the point is you have someon new now. Someone who would never do a thing like that to you."

"How do you know what he would or wouldn't do?" you asked, "You haven't even met him, yet,"

"If you've been dating him for this long, it's got to mean something," she smiled, "Plus, from the way you talk about him, he doesn't sound like the kind of guy who would do a thing like that,"

"I thought the same way with Derek. but," you cut her off before she could argue, "You're right. Derek was a jackass, and I need to stop comparing my future relationships with the one I had with him. I've been doing that for too long, and I need to stop,"

Brie smiled, "That's the kind of attitude I want to hear," she got up and hugged you, "And for your information, you are in love with him. You just need to realize it."

You rolled your eyes again, "Whatever you say,"

She let out a yawn, "Well I should be heading off to be," she said in a tired tone, "I'm gonna slip into my new pj's and go to bed. You coming?"

"I'm going to hang around here for a little bit,"

"Okay, don't stay up to late," she said before going to her room,

You sat down on th couch. A lot of people had tried to convince you that you really did love Dan, but for the first time it really made you think. 'What do I look like when I'm with him' At that moment you saw in one of the bags a magazine that someone had bought. You reached over and grabbed it. There was a picture of you and Dan together, holding hands and smiling at eachother. You looked closely at your own picture and the expression you had on your face. You were completely happy, as if nothing could ever ruin the moment. You smiled, making note you never did look like that with any other guy you dated, not even Derek. Your eyes were a piercing green, which you noticed that they never did that before. In big bold letters was "Radcliffe and Vazquez back together: story on page 42," You flipped through the magazine until you go to the cover story.

"It's nice to see that Londons most famous couple has finally gotten back together. Reasons for the breakup were left unknown, but life goes on. Dan and his girlfriend, Deana, have been making many public appearances around London, including this romantic night near the fountain." next to it was a picture of you and Dan sitting on the fountain, sharing a romantic kiss, "Resources have told us that the two have been dating since early November, right after Deana was rescued from a wanted brothel owner who took youg teenagers off the streets to work at his underground brothel. Summer is coming up, which means Deana can be off of school and give more time to being with Dan. Friends of the couple have said that they are in love, but they need to realize it. According to other resources, Dan has already realized his feelings for her. Now the question is, when will she realize hers?"

You closed up the magazine and set it down on the coffee table. You were really shocked at all the pictures that had been put into that collum. Some of them were as old as when you first met, and in all of them you would look at Dan with the same, joyful green eyes. You leaned back and pondered the many questions that ran through your head, but for the very first time ever you asked yourself this question:

Could I really be in love?