This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-63

You had already spent an hour around the burning fire at this point. You arrived there first with Brie and started making the fire before Oliver and Teresa arrived. Rupert then came, and soon after him Emma, along with Katie and Tom. While Brie was talking to Tom and getting introduced, you had taken this time to talk to Rupert. Here's how it went:

"Hey Rupert," you smiled,

"Hey De," he smiled before turning his gaze over to the group on the other side of the fire.

You followed his gaze, "Whacha doin'?"

"Nothing," his face grew more angrier,

"You want to tell me what's on your mind?" you asked,

"I'm fine," he shook his head, "I just don't like it when Tom gets like that,"

"Like what?"

"When he get's all flirty with every girl he meets," he said with a sharp tone, "I mean he was like that with you and Teresa, and now he's gone after Brie,"

"What's the big deal?" you asked, even though you already could tell why, "You weren't so mad when he was flirting with us. What makes Brie so different?"

He shrugged. "I don't know,"

"I think I do," you said in a sing-song voice, "I think you have a crush on Brie,"

"I do not,"

"Rupert and Brianna sitting in a tree," you sang, "K-I-S-S-I-N-G."

"Not so loud," Rupert hushed as he clasped his hand over your mouth,

"Why?" you muffled through his hand, "You don't have anything to hide, do you?"

"Will you just please shut up?"

"Why? You wouldn't be trying to hide something,"

"Shut up,"

"Then admitt it," you giggled, pulling his hand off, "You're jealous because you like her,"

"Alright," he gave in, "I like her. Are you happy?"

"Yes I am," you smiled proudly like a little girl who had just gotten her way, "I knew it all along,"

"Whatever,"

"So what's the big deal?" you asked, "Just ask her out already,"

"I don't want to,"

"Why not?"

He looked at you with a saddened look, "Because what if she says no?"

You rolled your eyes. How many times were you going to have to go through this? "She won't. Trust me. I have known her since elementary school."

"I'm still a bit nervous though," he murmered,

You groaned, "You want me to talk to her for you?"

"No," he answered almost immediatly, "That would be worse,"

"Then tell you what," you brought him closer so that the others wouldn't hear, "Go into the woods like you're going to the bathroom. I'll make an excuse for Brie to go in there, and the two of you will have your privacy,"

"And what will you tell her to do?"

"I'll think of something," you said pushing Rupert towards the tree's, "Just go,"

As soon as he was out of sight you took that moment to take Brie off to the side, "What is it?" she asked

"I got him to talk," you squealed quietly, "He's definetly interested,"

"Are you sure?"

"Did you not see the way he was glaring at Tom for flirting with you,"

"I was actually trying to avoid looking at him," Brie said bashfully,

"Never mind that," you continued, "He just went into the woods to take a piss. Now's your chance to ask him out,"

"While he's taking a piss?" she looked at you like you were crazy

"Well don't go up to him," you snapped as-a-matter-of-factly, "Just kind of walk around, act like you ddidn't expect to run into him, or something."

"And what do I say when he askes me what I'm doing wandering around the woods by myself?"

"I don't know," you shrugged, "Say you needed to pick some twigs for the fire or something. Just hurry up and go before he comes back,"

She sighed and took off. You shook your head and laughed to yourself as you watched her ru off, 'What would these people do without me?'

Eventually, Dan showed up, along with James. It was awhile before Brie and Rupert came back, holding hands and smiling. You were so excited for her, but said nothing. You just smiled as the sat next to eachother in the lawn chairs everyone had brought. You all talked and laughed for another couple of hours. When it came near the end of the night you got up and said you needed to use the outhouse and left into the trees. Instead, though, you walked up to where you couldn't even see the others from where you were. You took a big wiff of the fresh air around you. This was how you liked it, being alone, just you and nature.

It wasn't long, though, before you heard a rustle in the bushes. You first brushed it off, thinking it was just a fox, or some king of animal. But then you heard it again, and it sounded like something bigger than a fox. You soon realized it was circling you. You spun around, trying to point out the source. And all of a sudden, it stops.

And then there was silence.

"BOO!" a figure jumped out from behind you and made you scream. You turned around and saw that it was Dan,

"Dan, you jackass," you gasped slapping his shoulder, "What the fuck was that for?"

He shrugged, "I don't know,"

"You jerk," you said turning to walk away,

"Oh, come on," he wrapped his arms around you from behind, "You had to admitt that was funny,"

"No I don't," you said stubbornly with a smile, trying to pull from his grasp,

"Okay, okay," Dan smiled, "I'm sorry. Do you forgive me?"

You turned your head so that you were facing him. Your faces were inches apart, "Promise you won't do that again?"

"Promise,"

You kissed his nose, "Then I forgive you,"

He smiled, "Good,"

He let you go so you could turn your entire body around, "So what are you doing out here?"

"Making sure you didn't get lost," he said, "You were gone for a long time,"

"Sorry," you apologized, "I guess I got caught up in the nature and stuff,"

Dan rolled his eyes, "Tree hugger,"

At that moment yu went over to the nearest tree and wrapped your arms around it, "Hugging," you squealed before returning to Dan,

"You're crazy," he laughed as he put an arm around your shoulder,

You shrugged, "It's a gift,"

"Well everyone's getting ready to leave," Dan told you, "so whe should probably hurry up and meet them before they take off without us,"

"You're right," you said and you both started walking. You got a little closer to the fire pit when you started looking up at Dan with such fastination and wonder. All you could think was how lucky you were to have him. His imperfections made him all the more perfect (if that even makes sense) and in your eyes, he was the one. You just couldn't stop feeling such a compassion for him, and a...

"Hey Dan," you said just as you were in sight of the others, though they still didn't notice you in the darkness,

"Yes, Deana,"

You opened your mouth to say something, but the words were suddenly lost, so instead, you grabbed him by the neck and kissed him in the most passionate way possible.

He looked shocked when you pulled back, "Wow," he said in amazement, "What was that for?"

"Nothing," you smiled, "Just because,"

"Did you want to say something?" he asked, "Because they way you looked, it looked like you did,"

Still holding that same smile, you reached down and took his hand, No," you shook your head, "Not a word,"