This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-64

"So what's the deal between you and Rupert?" you asked as you got into your car,

"Well I went in like I was collecting twigs, like you said," She began before slaming the door shut, "And I really didn't expect to run into him so soon. We didn't go very far in. So anyway, I kind of bumped into him, which caused me to drop my wood. He apologized and offered to help me pick them up,"

"How romantic," you said in a dreamy voice as you entered the highway, "Two lovers who realize their feeling for eachother over a game of Pick-up Sticks,"

Brie rolled her eyes, "Anyway," she continued, "We didn't really pick up much because then we just started staring at eachother, sort of. It got kind of awkward, so I suggested we just head back and leave the sticks behind. We talked for a little bit, and at one point while we're nearing the fire, I admitted that I didn't go in there to get sticks,"

"And what did he say?" you asked anxiously,

A big smile grew on Brie's face, "He then told me that he never had to go to the bathroom. He told me that he only went in there because you promised to get me to go in there too, so that I could ask him out,"

"I told you it would work!" you exclaimed, "So did you then ask him out?"

She shook her head, "He asked me out,"

You squealed, "That's awesome. When is your date?"

"Tuesday," she answered, "For a breakfast date,"

"That sounds great,"

"So enough about me," Brie changed the subject, "Let's talk about you and Dan. What happened in there? You were in there for a long time,"

"I know," you said, "But you know how I am with any place that has a lot of trees. I like to get myself lost,"

"You do until you're being chased by a bear," she joked,

"Very funny," you sneered,

"But anyway, even Dan was gone for awhile,"

"I guess he got lost too," you shrugged,

"That or maybe you guys were too busy making out!" she laughed,

You sighed, "Whatever you say,"

"No, seriously," she calmed down, "Did anything happen at all?"

"Like?"

"Like, you know," she nudged you arm,

"Ewww, no!" you screamed, "Fuck no!"

"I didn't mean that, you dirty thinker," she said in defense,

"Then what did you mean?"

"Did you tell him... what we were talking about last night," she corrected what she meant to say,

"You mean the 'L' word?"

Brie nodded with a smile,

You could already sense the disappointment from her as you shook your head, "No,"

"You didn't?"

"I mean, I was about to..."

"Then why didn't you?" she yelled, causing you to shift toward the door,

"I didn't feel like the right time," you said, "I don't even know how to say it,"

"Simple," Brie stated, "I love you,"

You giggled, "It's not that easy,"

"How difficult do you want it to be?" she asked,

"I don't know," you shrugged, "I guess something more romantic than tonight, but not something planned,"

"Wow," Brie said sarcastically, "That sounds simple enough,"

You laughed, "I know I'm picky, but I want it to be special,"

"Just as long as you say it and soon,"

"I can't guarentee that,"

"Come on," she whined, "Why not?"

"Because I'm not even sure I really am..." you paused, "You know,"

"Just admitt it," Brie shouted, "You love him,"

"I am not,"

"Are too," Brie said in a little kids tone,

"And how would you know?"

"De," she said, "I've know you since fourth grade. I knew it when you had a crush on Blake Currey. I found out right away when you were interested in Owen Korter. And the main reason I lterally kicked Dereks ass was because I knew how strongly you felt about him. Face it, when it comes to your love life, there's nothing I don't know,"

You smiled, "You always could tell. Now can you tell me exactly how?"

"Sure," she replied, "It was mainly the way you looked at them,"

You shook your head, "If I had a quarter for every time I heard that,"

She laughed, "It was all in your eyes,"

"My eyes?" you repeated,

Brie nodded, "You know how they all change color sometimes,"

You nodded. No matter what science had to say, or anybody else for that matter, your eyes never seemed to be the same color each time somebody looked at them. Sometimes, if someone looked closely enough, they could see a sort of kalidescope design around the pupil. But that was only what others told you.

"Well, I seem to notice that when you're with someone, a guy particularly, that you really like, they tend to go green," she smiled, "And lately your eyes have been so green it's almost unatural when you're with Dan,"

"Really?"

"Don't act like you didn't see those pictures in the magazine I bought the day of my shopping spree," Brie smirked, "That's right, I bought that magazine so that you could really see how you look when you're with Dan,"

"You little sneak, you,"

"I know," she grinned, "I'm good,"

You smiled with a groan, "Yes," you admitted, "I saw the pictures, and yes my eyes were freakishly green."

"So it has to be love,"

You gave Brie a serious look, "Brie, I appreciate the fact that you're trying to help. But I don't want to feel rushed, like the other guys did in high school." you grinned evily, "And you know how that turned out,"

"I'll shut up," she snapped at herself,

"I'm sorry," you apologized, "but when the time is right, it'll happen,"

"You promise?"

"I promise," you pledged, "or may I be tied up with poisonous snake and hanged by my hair over a pit of boiling hot shark infested water,"

"Wow," Brie chuckled, "You're talking some serious business,"

"Damn right!" you exclaimed,