This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-65

Tuesday rolled around, and for the first time, Brie was up before you. Actually, she was gone by the time you woke up. You got up that morning and smeaked into her bedromm for your normal morning wake-up, and found to your surprise that her bed was neatly made. You walked into the kitchen and found a note from her on the counter. It read:

Deana

I'm sorry I couldn't be here for
you to wake me up viciously, but I
got too excited for my breakfast
date with Rupert and left early.
Don't expect me back until much later.

luv you
-Brie

You laughed to yourself. Brie was always impatient. Now that you were stuck home alone with nothing to do, you decided to clean up the apartment a little bit. You first collected all of the dirty laundry and took it to the laundry room. Then you straightened up the living room, and after that cleaned up the big mess that you left in your bedroom. Once you were done with that, you took the vacume cleaner and vacummed every room that had carpeting. After you cleaned up the kitchen you made your way to retrieve your laundry when the phone rang. You picked it up to Teresa on the other line,

"Hey, sexy," she said in her cheery voice,

"Teresa, you bitch," you replied in the same cheery tone,

"What's been up with you?" Teresa asked

You held the phone up between your shoulder and your cheek as you carried a basket of laundry up the stairs, "Nothing really. Brie's on her breakfast date with Rupert and I'm stuck at home doing chores,"

"Sounds fun," Teresa said,

"Yeah," you groaned, "But the apartment isn't going to clean itself. And I have nothing to do today, so I thought 'What the hell'"

"You mean you didn't think of calling Dan?" she asked dramatically

You laughed, "Dan said he was busy today, so I could hang out with him,"

"Speaking of Dan, have you been spending a lot of time with him lately?"

You smiled, "Yes, I have,"

"Any interesting conversations?" she questioned,

"Would you stop," you snapped, "I'm not talkking about this any more,"

"Sorry, sorry," she apologized,

"That's alright. So what about you? How have you and Oliver been?"

"Really good," she said, "Though right now he's working."

You opened your front door and wobbled inside, "Well, since we're both stuck at home with nothing to do, how about we do something together,"

"Sounds good," she said, "Where do you want to meet?"

"How about the beach," you suggested,

"Great," she agreed, "I'll meet you there in half an hour,"

"Okay, bye,"

...

It was two-o-clock when you got to the beach. You were a bit early, so you didn't blame Teresa for not being there quite yet. But soon it turned to two thirty, and then it was three-o-clock. Teresa was over an hour late, but you stayed patient. You were just about to call Teresa when you saw her car pull up to the parking lot. She got out of the car with a distressed look on her face, like something was wrong.

"Hey, Tree," you smiled,

"Hey, De," Teresa forced a smile on her face

"What happened?" You asked, "You were supposed to meet me here an hour ago,"

"I got a little distracted," was her excuse. Her tone low and saddened

You didn't buy it, but you didn't say more of it. "Well, better late than never, right?"

She chuckled in agreement, "So what do you want to do?"

"How about we make a sand castle?" you suggested, "I haven't made one of those since I was five,"

"Sounds good to me," Teresa shrugged

You and Teresa walked around the beach for awhile, talking, swimming, and making sand castles together. Though you were fully enjoying the quality time you were spending together, Teresa seemed bothered, no matter how much she tried to hide it. It was like she wanted to tell you something really, really badly, but was too scared to say anything. She was still her normal, goofy self, but in a different way, if that made any sense at all.

"Teresa," you finally spoke up, "I know there's something bothering you, and you need to tell me what,"

Teresa tried to act dumb, "What are you talking about?

"Something has been distracting you all afternoon," you told her, "And you need to tell me whats going on,"

"I don't have anything to say,"

"Teresa Ann D'Aversa," you said sternly, using her full name, "I know something is bothering you and you need to tell me right now,"

Teresa sighed sadly, "Okay, but you have to promise not to tell anyone yet,"

"Cross my heart," you promised,

She took a deep breath, "Okay, the reason I was late was because this: I was getting dressed and ready for the beach. I'm cleaning up my stuff real quick so that Oliver wouldn't come home to my mess. I look down at my calender and realize that I was supposed to get my period today. I didn't remember any blood, but I went back to the bathroom to make sure. Still nothing."

She stopped for a break, "I started freaking out for a little bit, but when I calmed down I started thinking, maybe I was just late. I still wanted to be safe, so I went to the drugstore to buy one of those home pregnancy tests." Teresa looked up at you sadly, "I'm pregnant, Deana,"

Your face glowed, "Teresa, that's wonderful," your expression fell when you noticed Teresa wasn't at all enthusiastic about this baby. "You're not happy about this baby,"

"No," she exclaimed, as if it was supposed to be obvious, "I'm not,"

"Why? You always talked about having kids with Oliver before,"

"But I didn't mean this soon after our marriage," she said in distress, "We've only been married for two months,"

"What's the difference?"

"Deana, I don't know if I'm ready for a baby," Tears started slowly coming down her cheek, "What if I'm a bad mother?"

"You won't be," you assured her, "You're great with kids. You practically are one," she giggled softly, "and if you ever need help, Oliver will be there,"

"That's the whole issue," she cried, "He always said he wanted to wait a little while longer before he wanted to have kids,"

"Did you tell him yet?"

Teresa shook her head,

"Teresa!"

"I was about to," she said, "but when I brought up the subject of babies, he went on saying how he would love to have them, but just not now,"

"Teresa, you're going to have to tell him eventually," you told her, "Once you start getting big in the belly, he'll know it isn't fat,"

She laughed a little, "I'm still scared about telling him,"

You sighed with an arm around her, "Do you want me to tell him?"

"She shook her head, "That would be even worse,"

"Well, you're going to have to make this decision together," you stated, "I had nothing to do with the creation of this baby,

She laughed, "But still, I don't know how to tell him,"

"Plain and simple," you said, "When you want to bring up the subject, tell him that you need to talk about something really important. Tell him not to say anything until your done and that this affects him too. Once you tell him that you're pregnanat, tell him that he has a say in this baby too, and no decision will be made without him,"

"Wow," Teresa said, "That's good. Are you sure you've never done this before?"

"I swear," you smiled,

"Well, you're right. As always." you both laughed, "So I think I'm gonna go home and tell him right now,"

"That's my girl," you hugged her, "I'll see you later,"

And she took off running to her car. You smiled and looked around the beach. This was an all too perfect day to go home now, so you hung around awhile longer