This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-67

"Is it really that late?" you asked as you took a glance at the clock, which read almost ten-o-clock,

Dan nodded, "I guess so. The clock never lies,"

"Yes it does," you pointed out, "It has to me,"

Dan laughed, tucking a lock of your hair behind your ear, "You remind me all the time why I love you so much,"

You smiled, mainly because you didn't have to fear that subject anymore, "Right back at you,"

Dan smiled back, "Well, here we are," he pulled up into the parking lot of your apartment, "Home sweet home,"

"Thanks for giving me a ride home, Dan," you thanked him, "I'll pick up my car tomorrow,"

"Anytime," he grinned, "Well you should get on upstairs, now,"

"Yeah," you reached for your bag, "Thanks again," You leaned up and pecked his lips, then after a soft gaze into his eyes slowly went in for another kiss, more loving than before and holding his face as you did,

"Wow," he whispered softly when you finally pulled away,

"I love you, Dan," you grinned devilishly

"I love you too,"

You gave him one last smile before you got out of the car. You ran to the pavement next to the building and watched as Dan drove away. You held a huge grin on your face from that kiss and softly giggled to yourself like a little girl. Holding your bag close to your chest, you turned and walked up the stairs until you reached your front door. When you entered the door, all the lights were out, so you assumed Brie had went to sleep. You leaned against the front door to shut it and let out a sigh. You couldn't be happier now. Plopping down on the couch, you closed your eyes and drifted off to sleep.

...

"Wake up, sleepy head!"

You scrunched your eyes shut, "I don't wanna!"

Brie rolled her eyes, "Come on, De," she grabbed a hold of your arms and pulled you up, "Get up,"

"Five more minutes," you groaned, "I need to sleep,"

"Well then you should have gone to bed earlier,"

You gave in and stood up, "Why are you so anxious to get up. You're as much a morning person as I am,"

"Because Rupert is going to treat us to breakfast," she explained, "And I want you to come with,"

"That's very kind of you," you wiped your eyes, "but summer vacation is a time to sleep in, not to get up early,"

"Get dressed," she threw a top at you, "You'll have fun,"

You rolled your eyes as you took off your t-shirt and put on the top Brie handed to you, too lazy to take the bathing suit off,

"So what did you do yesterday?" Brie asked from her bedroom,

"Where do I start," You began, "I went to the beach, I met Dan there, we ran around, I told Dan I loved him, I got some ice cream..."

"Hold it!" Brie shouted, running out of her room with only a bra to cover her top part, "What did you do?"

"I got some ice cream," you repeated, "It was only vanilla but it was a very-"

"Cut it out," she shoved you as you giggled, "I meant what you said before that,"

"I went to the beach?" you joked with a dumb look

"Deana," she said your name, "You know what I mean,"

You laughed, "Alright, I finally said 'I love you'"

"Oh my god!," Brie squealed

"Here we go," you shrugged

Brie tackled you as her arms wrapped around you, "You finally realized it. You love him!"

"Yeah, yeah," you shook out of her embrace, "Big woopdy doo.

"Sorry," she giggled, "I'm just really happy for you,"

You couldn't help but smile at her, "I know," you said, "I'm just not use to this. I hate getting this kind of attention for this kind of stuff,"

"You mean like in eighth grade?"

You groaned, "Don't even bring that up. The first guy I decide I really want to start a relationship with and literally the whole school knows about it,"

"Well what do you expect," Bri said as she went back to her room, "Everyone gets their first kiss eventually, but not everyone gives it away, especially when their anti-boy social,"

"Shut-up!" you wacked a pillow to her head.

"Well no one expected it from you," Brie argued, "So of course everyone would know,"

You rolled your eyes, "Hurry up and get your shirt on before someone sees you dancing around naked,"

"Yes," Brie said in a overly british accent, "I mustn't keep dear Rupert waiting much longer, or he'll simply die,"

You chuckled. You watched as Brie slipped her top on and rushed to the living room, sliding her shoes on as fast as she could, then turned slowly to you.

"Ready?"

You nodded, "When you are,"