This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-68

"Deana!" Teresa whined, "Could you get me another soda?"

You groaned. "This is your third one yet, Tree,"

"I know," she mumbled through her mouthful of food, "but I'm so hungry since I got pregnant,"

You rolled your eyes and headed for the fridge. Teresa couldn't stop eating and she was only four months pregnant. You wondered what it would be like three months from now seeing the way she ate.

"Here you go," you said handing her a two liter bottle of pop, "Knock yourself out,"

Teresa gave you a funny glare, "What, no Dr. Pepper?"

You shook your head, "Sorry, but you already drank the other two liter bottles,"

She shrugged and opened the bottle, "Oh well. Bottoms up," She lifted the bottle to her lips and began chugging down the contents of it. You watched in astonishment how fast the soda disappeared down her throat. When she was almost halfway done, you finally grabbed the bottle from her mouth,

"That's enough," you snapped, "I know you're pregnant, but at this rate you're kid is going to be born twenty pounds and with a sugar thirst,"

"So?" Tree asked, "That's how I was born and look how I turned out,"

You took a napkin and wiped off where soda was trickling down her chin, "Yeah, I'm looking, and right now it doesn't look so good,"

Teresa whacked you in the stomach, "Funny,"

You laughed, "So where is Oliver? I haven't been seeing him around much,"

"He's been working a lot," Teresa explained, "Ever since I told him about the pregnancy he's been working extra to make sure this baby has everything it needs,"

"The man's filthy rich," you retorted, "How much more prepared can you get?"

She smiled, "Yeah, but it's rather cute. He's so concerned about me and the baby, it's almost funny,"

You grabbed her hand, "It's good to see you guys happy,"

"Don't worry," Teresa smiled at you, "Soon this will be you and Dan,"

"Oh come on," you whined, "I only started telling him I loved him four months ago,"

"When you should have started sooner," Teresa joked,

You rolled your eyes, "Anyway," you continued, "What do you think it will be? Boy or girl,"

Teresa put down her fork and but her hands on her sstomach, felling around for a few moments. "Well," she pondered, "I'm not feeling anything particularily bulgy at the moment," you laughed at this moment, "So I'm thinking it's gonna be a girl,"

You gave her a look, "Really?" you put your own hand on her stomach, "I think I feel something bulgy right here,"

"Deana," Teresa looked at you, "That's my hand,"

You looked down and sure enough your hand was patted over Teresa's, "Oops," you grinned, "My bad,"

Teresa sighed, "You can be such a ditz at times, De,"

"And like you're not?"

"I never said that,"

You laughed, "This kid is going to be screwed up,"

"With me as a mother, and you as a god-mother, she will be very screwed up,"

More laughs came from the two of you. Then you stopped and realized what she said, "With me as a god-mother?" you repeated

"Of course you," Teresa spat out, "Who else would I chose?"

You shrugged, "I don't know. I thought you might have chosen a relative or somebody,"

"Yeah," She retorted with a sarcastic look, "Like I'm going to trust my baby with them if anything is to happen to me."

"God forbid," you added

"De," she continued, "Theres no one here I trust more than you. You've got a good head on your shoulders. And if anything were to happen in a situation that Oliver and I cannot take care of our baby, I'll be able to sleep at night knowing she's in good hands,"

Your lip quivered, "Teresa, are you sure you want me to be the god-mother?"

"For this kid and any more that I have," Teresa answered confidently, "I mean, if you want to, of course,"

At that moment you sprang your arms around her, "Of course I do!" you exclaimed, "I feel so honored,"

"You're welcome," Teresa smiled. "Now could you do me a favor and get me the chocolate ice cream?"

You sighed as you got out of your chair and went to the kitchen.

...

"Must you clean the bathroom now?" Brie whined

You nodded, "It's filthy. There's junk everywhere."

"So is Brie, but you still put up with her," Teresa joked from the living room of your apartment.

Brie turned around and playfully smacked Teresa with a pillow, "Be careful," she cried out, carassing her belly, "I'm with child,"

Brie laughed and turned back to you, "It can't be that dirty," she continued her whine,"

You opened the door," Can it?"

Brie looked inside, and then backed up with disgust, "Maybe it does, but I need to shower," Brie said clutching the robe around her, "Rupert's picking me up in an hour,"

"It'll only take a few minutes," you assured her, "then it's all yours,"

Brie groaned, "Fine, five minuted," and she walked to the living room,

You shook your head and started cleaning. Filthy wasn't even a word to describe what the bathroom looked like. Make-up was all over the sink, there was garbage all aroun the floor, and the shower looked like a giant sewer rat had tried to gt clean in it. You decided to get working on the shower first, seeing that Brie had to use it. On your hands and knees you scrubbed all around it trying to get the nasty filth off. It certainly took more than five minutes, but until Brie barged in demanding the shower, you continued on. Once you were done you started picking up the garbage. You noticed that someone had come over because you could hear her talking to someone. You figured that Rupert had come over early so you shrugged it off. Once the garbage was picked up, you straightened up the sink, did a double check of the bathroom, then left.

"Sorry it took so long," you said coming out the door, "but it's all your,"

You were stopped by the scene. You were right about Brie talking to someone, but it certainly wasn't Rupert, especially with the expression Brie had on her face. This guy was different, tall, black straight hair, and pale skin. He was about a head and a half taller than you and wore dark blue jeans with a white T-shirt and a leather jacket. He had long face, narrow chin, with eyes darker than the color of his jacket. He was very intimidating.

"Brie," you asked slowly, "What's going on?"

She snapped her head around, "Nobody important, De. Just someone with the wrong address,"

"Can I talk to you," The man asked you,

"No," Teresa answered almost immediatly from the couch, where her arms were crossed with a death glare on her face

"I wasn't asking you," he glared,

"Hey," you snapped, "You don't talk to her like that,"

"And you won't talk to her period," Brie sneered, tightly grabbing your wrist,

"Why don't you let her talk?" he argued

"Because she doesn't feel like talking to you!"

"Did you ask her?"

"I don't need to!! Now get out!"

"Everybody shut up!" you shouted. Silence followed, you turned to the man, "Why do you want to talk to me so badly? I don't even know you?"

He took a step forward, "I think you do," he said in a soft voice that sent goosebumps up your arms

"Get away from-"

"Brie," you said sternly, "Let me handle this," You turned back up to the man that claimed to kknow you. You looked over his face, studying every part of it down to the smallest details. More and more he seemed to have a familiarance, but no one you could point out. There was something about his eyes that you couldn't stop looking at. Finally when you gave up trying, you shook your head,

"Come on," he said smiling, "You have to remember me, Hazelnut,"

And then you remembered. Your face fell into such deep horror and anger that you took a step back and pointed to the door, "Get out of here, Derrek!"