This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-7

"Well that was fun," Teresa sighed as you walked up the stairs of your apartment.

"Yeah, it was."

"So why did you really go into the house?"

"What?"

"I saw you standing in the living room the entire time you were inside," she told you, "You never even went up the stairs, and you came out with Dan. What were you two doing?"

"We just talked," you answered, "I actually wanted to make sure he was okay with me after I made that naked comment."

"Trust me, he was okay with you." she said,

"And what is that supposed to mean?" you asked.

"Honey, did you see the way he was staring at you at the table?"

"He was not staring," you protested.

"Yes he was." Teresa pushed on, "EVERYONE noticed."

"Is that what you all were talking about while I was inside?" you said with your hands on your hips.

"Maybe," she stretched the word as you reached your apartment.

"You're mean." you whined.

"I know, but you two make a cute couple."

You opened the door, "We're not going to start this again."

"What?"

"Everytime I get feelings for a guy you start going on how we make a cute couple and bla bla bla..."

"HA!" she shouted, "You admitt you like him."

"I never said that." you denied

"Your exact words were 'Everytime I have feelings for a guy you go on how we make a cute couple' I say you make a cute couple, so that means you do like him."

"Whatever,"

"Come on, De." Teresa put her arm around you, "It's okay to like him."

"I know there's nothing wrong with it," you shrugged her arm off, "It's..."

"What honey?"

you sighed, "It's just too soon to say I officially like him or not. I mean, I only met the dude today."

"I know," she said, "But trust me, you like him. You just got to realize it."

You turned your head to her, "Just give me a few days, okay? Give me some time to get to know him, that way I don't rush things, alright?"

"It's a deal. Now if you excuse me, I have to call Oliver." Teresa pivoted and strutted to her bedroom.

"Don't stay up too late!" you called just as she closed the door.

...

"So what did you think of them?" Oliver asked.

"They were crazy." Rupert answered.

"Funny too." Tom added.

"They seemed pretty cool." Dan replied.

"They are." Oliver agreed, "And that Teresa is one hot babe."

"Yeah," James agreed.

"You really are sick you know that?" Rupert snickered.

"Come on, you can't say they weren't hot." Oliver protested.

"You're right." Tom said, "I can't. They were"

"And you Dan," Oliver pointed, "You have to have thought Deana was something."

"What do you mean."

"Dan." Rupert came in, "We all saw they way you were looking at her all day."

"Looking at her in what way?" Dan asked.

"You know what way we're talking about," Tom said, "You were looking at her as if you wanted to stuff her in your car and take off with her."

"The way he was looking he was about ready to." Everyone burst into laughter.

"Knock it off guys,"

"Alright, we'll leave you alone," James stopped, "but at least admitt there was something going on with you."

"What do you mean?"

"That you felt something for her," Oliver explained.

"What can I say? I've only known the woman for a day."

"But there had to have been something."

Dan sighed, "It's too soon to say for sure, but yes, I do think she's rather cute."

"I knew it!" James yelled and high fived Oliver, "We were right."

"But like I said, it's too soon to say." Dan repeated.

"Don't worry. You'll still like her next week."

Suddenly a cell phone went off, which turned out to be Oliver's. "Hello." he answered. A smile crept across his face, "Hey Tree."

"You gave her your number?" James asked in astonishment.

Oliver mouthed 'Not now, I'm on the phone' then exited the room to talk to Teresa.

"Damn," Tom cursed, "I knew I should have given her my number,"

"Hey, Tree," Oliver said in the other room. "Whats up?"

"Did you find out anything about Dan?"

"There are definetly sparks." was his reply

"That's great, because she says she likes him, but doesn't want to call it offical yet."

"Dan said it was too soon to say also." Oliver said,

"So what do we do?" Teresa asked.

"We just have to wait awhile." Oliver told her, "If they get too shy, then we can help them out, but I don't want to force Dan into something he's not ready for."

"Kudos to that." she spoke, "But I can't stand it, they look so cute."

"I know they do, but they need time to realize that."

"Well they don't have much time." Teresa said, "School starts in two weeks. After that De's going to be pretty busy."

"Well how about we hang out all next week." Oliver said, "For like an end of summer kind of party,"

"That sounds great," Teresa gleamed, "It'll give them plenty of time to figure things out."

"Sounds like a plan,"

"Hey, I have to go. Deana is yelling at me to get off the phone. I'll talk to you later."

"Bye Tree." and Oliver hung up his phone. He turned and nearly ran into Katie.

"Jesus, Katie!" he snapped, "You almost gave me a heart attack."

"So do you want to tell me why you are trying to play matchmaker for Dan and Deana."

"Please don't start with this..."

"Oliver," Katie said with a stern voice, "You should really butt out."

"What's wrong with wanting to help them get together?" He asked in defense.

"It's wrong because their love lives are none of your business."

"I'm just trying to help, Katie."

"And I don't think Dan would appreciate it if you went and played matchmaker again." Katie argued.

"But I'm telling you I have a good feeling about Deana."

Katie put her hands on her hips, "Which is what you said about every other girl you tried setting Dan up with."

"But this is different," Oliver argued, "Everyone else actually agrees with me."

"It's still none of your business," she repeated herself.

"Come on," he persisted, "It's obvious they like eachother."

"How can you tell?" Katie nearly screamed, "They barely know eachother,"

"Because if you payed attention to how they were acting, you would know, too. Dan looked like he was about ready to stuff her in his car and Deana was all 'complete my heart' on him." Oliver grinned, "Now tell me they're not interested in each other."

"Alright," she said stubbornly, "So they're interested, but that doesn't mean you can go meddling into their relationship."

"But we can help," Oliver said. "Look, in two weeks school is going to start. After that, Deana is going to be busy. I just think that they should realize their honest feelings before she goes off to school. "

Katie sighed, "I don't like this."

"Come on. We'll hang out until school starts, and if theres still nothing, I'll leave them alone."

Katie thought for a moment, then, "Fine. But if nothing by the time school starts, back off."

"Whatever you say." Oliver grinned proudly.