This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-8

Two weeks later

"Come on, everyone," Tom shouted from outside, "We got the fire started,"

James came running out with sticks and marshmallows "Time to bring out the marshmallows."

"Gosh, these past two weeks have gone by so fast," Teresa said walking between you and Oliver, "I can't believe we start school tomorrow,"

"I know," you agreed, "It seems like only yesterday you moved in."

"Come on," Oliver said, "The fire's getting started. I don't want to get the marshmallow from the bottom of the bag."

You and Teresa Laughed. Eveyone had gathered around the campfire and gotten their marshmallows and sticks and had begun roasting them. Chairs had been set up and by the time you had a chance to sit down, the only one available was next to Dan.

"Is this seat taken?" you asked flirtaciously.

He looked up and smiled, "Now it is,"

You sat down, "This has been some summer,"

"Yeah, it has."

"You have anything planned?" you asked, "Any college courses?"

"No," he answered, "Not this year. I thought it would be best to lay low for awhile."

You nodded. A breeze swept by and you started chivering.

"Are you alright?" Dan asked.

"Yeah, just got a little chilly out," You said. You looked over at Teresa who was obviously comfortable in her spot in Olivers arms.

"Here," Dan said, taking off hes jacket and handing it to you.

"You don't have to do that," you shook your head.

"I insist,"

"But Dan, you'll freeze."

"I've got thick blood,"

You gave him a serious look, "Are you sure?"

He smiled, "I'm positive,"

You reached for the jacket and wrapped it around you, "Thanks,"

"Anytime," he smiled. He took his marshmallow out from the fire and blew it out. You smiled and felt a nudge on you elbow. You tturned and saw Teresa raising her eyebrows up and down at you.

'What?' you mouthed.

"So Where did you say you lived before?" Dan asked before taking a bite of his marshmallow.

You faced him to answer, "Chicago," you said,

"I think I've been there once or twice," he said.

"So what's your family like?"

"Only child," He stated, "Mother, father, two dogs,"

"What are their names again?"

"Binka and Nugget."

"Interesting names," you commented.

"My mum chose them," he laughed, "Anyway, they're alright, I guess. Love them, but they can be annoying."

"True that," you agreed, "I have a very big family. A little brother, parents, LOTS of aunts, uncles and cousins."

"Really?"

"From both sides," you described, "And somehow I got stuck right dab in the middle all by myself,"

"What do you mean?"

"When I was a baby," you told him, "I was THE baby,"

"Ohh," he got the point, "I got it,"

"Dan," you giggled, pointing to his cheek, "You have melted marshmallow on your cheek."

"Do I?" he said, moving his hand over his face to try and wipe it off.

"Here, let me get it," you said. You reached over and wiped off the marshmallow.

"Thanks," he said.

You extended your finger, "Here, you can have it back,"

"I don't want it back," he whined, pushing your finger away.

"It came off of your face," you pushed it back

"And now it's on your finger."

"I don't want it."

"Fine," he said. He took your hand and placed his lips over your finger and licked off the marshmallow. He looked over to you and you were in a fit of giggles, "What?"

"The way you did it made you look like a vampire," you laughed,

"Vell vhat can I say?" He spoke with a Transyvannian (sp?) accent, and touched your cheek "You're blood is so irresistable,"

You felt yourself going red, "Funny, but not all vampires speak with that accent."

"And how would you know?"

"How do you think?" you spoke with the same accent he used.

You both laughed, then you looked down and realized he was still holding your hand. He followed your eyes and too realized this, and quickly let go. You thought his face was turning a shade of red, but that might of been because of the fire.