This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-82

"Out of the way," you slammed the doors to the hospital open, "Woman with a baby coming through!"

"Get her a wheelchair," One of the nurses ordered,

"Everything's going to be alright," Brie consoled Teresa, "You're going to be okay,"

"Oh God!" Teresa cried out, "Oh God!"

A nurse soon came by with Teresa's wheelchair, You and Brie helped Teresa get into the chair and ran beside her as she was rushed to the delivery room.

"Where's Oliver?" Teresa gasped,

"He's on his way," you told her, "Dan's driving him up here as fast as he can,"

"I don't want him to miss this," Teresa whined, "He has to be here,"

"Don't worry," you hushed, "He'll be here, I promise,"

"I don't know how long I can hold this baby, guys," she groaned, "He needs to get here fast!"

"I'll call Dan," Brie offered, taking out her cellphone,

You grabbed Teresa's hand, "He'll be here, trust me. He wouldn't miss this for the world,"

She smiled, "That's good," Then clutching her stomach with a painful expresson, "Oh God! Here it comes again!"

The hospital doors opened and a team of doctors came out, "Is this Mrs. Phelps?" one of them asked

"Yes," you nodded,

"I'm Doctor Smith," he introduced as the others helped Teresa onto the bed, "We'll be taking her now,"

"Thank you, doctor," you nodded. You began to walk over to Teresa, when Doctor Smith stopped you with his arm,

"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you're going to have to wait out here," he said

"You mean I can't go in with her?" you asked

"We only allow one guest to be in the delivery room," He explained, "and usually the mothers choose to have their husbands with them,"

You nodded, "I understand. He's not here right now, but he will be shortly,"

"Thank you," he shook your hand, "She's in good hands," He turned to the team of doctors, "Let's get her out of here,"

"Wait," Teresa said as they wheeled her to the delivery room, "I can't go alone! I need Oliver!"

Brie came up behind you as she flipped her phone shut, "They're already here," she told you, "They should be up here any minute,"

Just then, Oliver came in, running frantically and breathing heavily, "Did I miss it?" he gasped,

"She just went in," Brie told him, pointing to the door,

"Oh, thank god," he said, "but how will I find her?"

"OLIVER!!!"

"That's how!" you shoved him to the door, "Now get going!"

You and Brie stood behind as you watched Oliver nearly trip over everything in his path as he ran to his wife.

"Did Oliver get here?" Dan asked from behind,

You turned around, "Yeah, he got here,"

He took your hand, "Are you alright?"

You looked into his eyes and nodded, "I will be once this is all over,"

Dan wrapped his arm around you and kissed your head, "She'll be alright," He whispered

"I know she will,"

...

Oliver stormed out hours later with a grin that said it all.

"How did it go?" you asked anyway

"She did great" He said,

"And the baby?" Brie added

Oliver smiled "He's beautiful,"

"He?"

"It's a boy!" Oliver announced

"Oh my God! Congratulations," you hugged him with Brie, "You must be so happy,

"I am," Oliver wiped his forehead, "I thought I was going to pass out from anxiety,"

"What does the baby look like?" you asked

"Why don't you come see for yourself,"

You and Brie squealed together and ran inside. Oliver led you, Brie, and Dan inside to Teresa's recovery room, where you found her holding her beautiful baby boy,

"Hi Teresa," you whispered

"Hey guys," she grinned proudly

"How are you feeling?" Brie asked,

"Great now that I can see my feet again,"

You all laughed,

"And who do we have here?" you asked looking over the baby,

"We have a Mr. Jeffery Oliver Phelps," Teresa stated, "or Jeff, for short. You want to hold him?"

You nodded like a little kid as young Jeffery was placed in your arms. You held him delicately as he squirmed and cooed in your arms, smiling down at him the entire time, "He's adorable," you commented, "Looks just like his mother,"

"Hey," Oliver spoke up, "He has some of my looks too,"

"Like what?"

"Well he..." Oliver thought for a moment, "I mean his hair," he paused, "And his eyes..." He snapped his fingers, "His nose!" he exclaimed, "He has my nose,"

Brie looked over your shoulder, "He does not," she argued,

"No," you examined, "I think he has the Phelps nose," you walked over to Oliver and held up the baby, "Don't you think Tree,"

Teresa held her chin and stared, "By god!" she said, "Those noses could have been separated at birth,"

"Jeffery's birth at least," you mumbled

"Can I hold him now?" Brie begged anxiously

"Sure," you smiled as you gently handed her little Jeff to Brie, who looked happier than a three year old in a candy store.

"Oh my god," she awed, "He's gorgeous,"

"Yeah," Teresa agreed, "and for the record, I call dibs an holding your kid first,"

Brie laughed, "It's a deal,"

One of the doctors knocked and came in, "Sorry to interupt," he said, "but visiting hours are over,"

Brie handed Teresa her baby back, "Take care of him,"

"Knowing me that still won't help him much," Teresa commented sarcastically

You smiled and kissed her cheek, "Take care," you walked over and gave Oliver another hug, "You too, Oliver,"

"Congratulations, mate," Dan shook his hand,

"Sleep tight," Brie embraced Teresa, and then left with you and Dan.

"Do you need a ride home?" Brie asked,

You turned your head to Dan, "Naw, I can get a ride home from Dan, right?"

"Sure thing, love,"

You turned back to face Brie, "I guess I'll catch you later,"

"Alright, bye," she waved before she left to her car,

You walked up to Dan and slid your fingers between his, "I guess it's just you and me now,"

"I guess so," Dan grinned slyly,

You sighed, "It's been a long day,"

"It sure has," Dan agreed. You two soon were approaching Dan's car, where Dan led you to the passengers side and held your door open. Once you were inside, Dan quickly ran over to the other side and got inside. As he turned the key to start the car, you reached over to turn his head and kissed him.

"Well that was random," he said,

You shrugged, "Just felt like kissing you,"

"No complaints over here," he smiled, and then backed out of the parking lot.

"I still can't believe Teresa's a mother now," you said a while later.

"What, did you never picture her as a mother type?" Dan asked,

"No," you said instantly, "No, it's not that. It's just..." you stopped

"What, love?"

You looked at Dan, "It just seems like yesterday that she and I were goofing off in lunch freshman year, planning out what our lives would be like after highschool, and stuff like that. Time just flies by, you know?"

"I agree," Dan nodded,

"And back at the recovery room," you continued, "when I was holding her baby, it finally hit me-we're finally in that point in our lives we always dreamed of getting to." You rested your head back, "And now Brie's pregnant, and I'm engaged with a broadway career,"

"So what's the problem?" Dan asked

You shook your head, "Nothing, I'm just saying," You let your head drop to the side to face Dan, "These four months are going to fly by, you know?"

"Especially with Wicked going on," Dan added

You smiled, "Yeah..."

"Well here we are." Dan announced as he pulled up to the front entrance.

You unbuckled your seatbelt, "You want to come up for awhile?"

"I don't know," Dan hesitated, "I think I should just head home,"

"Come on," you whined, "Please,"

"I don't know,"

You inched your face closer as you slithered your fingers into his, "Pretty please," By the time Dan turned his head, you were about an inch from his face. Though it wasn't long before you leaned over him and drew him into a hungerful, long kiss that lasted a good few seconds,

"I guess I can stay for a little while," Dan smiled once you pulled away,

You kissed his nose quickly, "Thanks, love,"

Dan raised an eyebrow, "Are you feeling alright?"

"Yeah," you answered, "Why?"

Dan shook his head, "No reason," he said as he got out of the car with you and followed you up to your apartment