This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-85

"This is a game for all the lovers, taking a chance on one another. Finally it's our time now!" you sang over the music that boomed through your apartment. You were actually supposed to finish up a term paper that was due for class. Normally music was good for getting you to do homework, but today you were expecting company and couldn't keep focused. Teresa was going to come by any minute with little Jeff. The boy was only two months old and he was already growing up so fast. You could only imagine what poor Teresa was going through.

Usually you weren't much to procrastinate, but you were just too anxious for Teresa to come and could barely focus. The paper wasn't due for another five days, and it was already over half done. You could easily finish later. You closed up your new laptop and plugged it into the charger and looked out the window as your music continued to rattle the walls. You were ecstatic when you finally saw Oliver's car pull up and raced for the stairs.

"Hey, bitch!" you hollared, "Get off my lawn!"

"Hey," Teresa snapped around, "No swearing around child," she wagged her finger at you,

You rolled your eyes, "He won't be able to understand. Besides he'll be swearing probably by the end of grammer school,"

"She's got a point," Oliver spoke up as he got out of the car.

You stuck your tongue out at Teresa and then ran over to give Oliver a hug, "Hey, man," you greeted, "Good to see you,"

"You too," He squeezed you, and as soon as he let go of you, you went around him and went to say hello to Jeff.

"And how's my buddy?" you cooed at your god-child as you took him out of his carseat. "You have gotten so big," you looked over the car to Teresa, "I told you all that soda and sugar was going to go straight to him."

"Well at least he'll burn off his calories as fast as he'll gain them," Teresa commented as she got out her baby bag, "Thanks again for the ride here, honey,"

Oliver kissed her lips, "Anything for you, love,"

"And I will see you at dinner?"

Oliver grinned, "If we're lucky, you'll see me for dinner AND desert,"

"Eww," you exclaimed, "Yeah, I'm still here,"

Teresa rolled her eyes, "I will see you later," She kissed him once again and then got out of the way so that Oliver could drive out,

"And you yell at me for saying inappropriate things around child," you mocked her,

"I never said anything," she protested as you two went up the stairs, "That was all him,"

"Yeah, and I didn't hear any 'Not around child, Oliver'"

Teresa gave you a funny look, "You know I love you, De,"

You grinned childishly, "Yeah, I know,"

"So what are our plans for today?" Teresa asked,

"I was thinking we could go to the coffee shop later on and do a little wedding shopping," you told her as you entered your apartment once again, "I still need to pick out my wedding dress,"

"Yes, because god forbid we wouldn't want you walking down the isle naked,"

You laughed just as your bathroom door swung wide open, "Thanks again for letting me use your shower," Brie said as she stepped out, then stopped when she saw that Teresa was there, "Oh," she said surprised, "Hey Tree. Didn't expect you to be here,"

"Neither did I," Teresa said, "I guess Deana forgot to mention..."

"No I didn't," you stated, "Sit down you two,

The two looked at eachother suspiciously and slowly took their seats on the couch, "De," Brie said, "What is this about,"

"My wedding," you told her, "Or at least a fraction of it,"

"Okay..." Teresa commented

You took in a deep breath, "I just thought that you two would like to know the decision of who my maid of honor is going to be."

"Well you do only have two months until the wedding," Tree pointed out

"Anyway," you continued, thanking yourself for making sure you had the baby, "I've thought about it long and hard, and I have decided that my maid of honor is going to be..." you paused at their anxious expressions and broke out a smile, "both of you,"

Their faces were frozen,

"What?" Brie finally spoke, "You want both of us to be the maid of honor?"

"Maids, so to speak," you corrected her.

"Can you do that?" Teresa asked,

You shrugged, "There's no rule that says you can't," you could tell they weren't exactly thrilled. "Look," you said as you took a seat in between them, "I know it sounds like a cheap excuse to get out of choosing, but the maid of honor is supposed to be the brides best friend, and both of you happen to be just that, so it's only fair that I have two maids of honor,"

They still didn't seem to happy,

"Okay," you thought for a moment, "Then think of it this way, since there are going to be two of you, you both will only have to do half the work of a normal maid of honor. You can split planning the bachelorette party, and the speech, and...whatever else a maid of honor does,"

They were giving in,

"At least do it for me," you pleaded, "It's not going to be that bad. And for you're sake I can convince Dan to get another best man to even things out."

Teresa and Brie looked at eachother with calm expressions and shrugged, "I guess we can do that," Teresa said,

You squealed, "Thanks you guys,"

"You're welcome," Teresa smiled as you all huddled for a group hug, then reached over to Jeff "Now first give me my baby," she said snatching her child back,

"And now as your maids of honor," Brie cut in, "I say let's go get you a dress."

You groaned as you felt your arms being tugged by your best friends out the door.