This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-87

"Wait a minute," Teresa snapped around, licking her fingers and raising them up to my head.

"What the hell are you doing?" I leaned backwards,

"You've got a stray hair," Teresa told me as she pressed her fingers to my head to smooth out my hair,

"Stop," I pulled her hand away and straightened out my hair, "As long as it's left down no one will give a shit,"

"Just let me fix it," Teresa argued,

"No," I shot back,

"Deana-"

"Just leave it alone,"

"It'll take two seconds,"

"It looks fine,"

"Teresa!" Brie hissed, "We're up,"

Teresa snatched up her flowers, and the two kissed me on my cheeks before they turned and began taking their steps down the isle. With a deep breath, I clutched my bouquet and followed close behind. I felt everyone's eyes glue onto me, but my eyes simply gazed upon Dan's. They were so beautiful, with such spark and light behind them. I was about tempted to pick up my dress and stomp right up in front of him so I could become his sooner.

But I wasn't that much of a rebel.

Walking down there was easy for me. To me, it was something a two year old could probably do. But when I finally reached my love, that's when I felt my heart pound beneath my skin. I'd never felt so nervous in my entire life, despite all the live performance shows I had encountered. This was nothing compared to singing in front of a few hundred, maybe thousand, people. I was moments away from marrying the man I loved, and it was scary. Though I kept a smile on, deep down I was screaming to myself, "I can't do this,"But once I looked back into Dan's eyes, my fears suddenly swept off of me. If were as if he was reading my mind, and telling me, It's okay,

"Dearly beloved," The minister began, "We are gathered here today to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony..."

After that I didn't really pay attention to what the priest was saying. After that first sentence, my eyes drifted to Dan, and that's where they stayed. For awhile he kept his eyes glued to the priest, but after awhile he too stopped paying attention and looked over to me. I smiled and bit my lip, trying not to giggle like a little girl the way I always did when he looked at me like that. This just seemed to good to be true. Me, who had been afraid of love for almost two year, was now here, in a huge, white wedding gown, standing across from Daniel Radcliffe, my true love, the man who had taught me the true meaning of love, ready to wed to him. I couldn't help but smile like crazy.

"And now," I finally snapped back and turned to the priest, "I believe it is time for the wedding vows, which these two have written on their own," He made a gesture to Dan.

Dan grabbed my hands and took in a deep breath, "Deana, words cannot even describe how much you mean to me. You are my everything, my sun, my moon, the very air I breathe. I know that if there was anything I need, without a doubt you would be there for me," He touched my cheek, "Deana, I love you. There's no other way to say how much I care about you. You've not only taught me how to live life to its fullest, but what really makes a person important. I can look at you and see that you see right through the famous Daniel Radcliffe, and right at plain old Dan," He smiled, "There isn't a lot of people that can do that, so I'm glad that I found you. God, I'm so glad I found you. And I want you to know that you never need to change, because you are wonderful the way you are,"

The priest smiled, then turned to me, "And now a word from Deana,"

I grasped his hand, "Dan, I can't say that this will be the greatest day of my life, because if I did, I wouldn't have any more days to look forward to, and I can't imagine trying to go through a marriage with you without looking forward to the many wonderful days I'm about to share with you. But I can say is that I've never cared for a man..." I paused, "No, for anybody the way I care for you right now. You have defined for me the true meaning of love, and have taught me how a real relationship should go, sadness along with it's happiness's. And trust me, I hope we have many happy times in our new future together," I gave him a big smile, "Dan, before I thought I knew what love was all about, but I learned that I was wrong when I met you. No matter what has come between us, you have been willing to do anything for me, which I have never had someone willing to do."

I pulled my hands back, "And before we go on with this wedding," I said as I stepped over to the musicians, "I would like to finish off my vows with a little song I'd like to dedicate to you Dan," I smiled as I saw him turn beet red and everyone applauded for us, "You knew this was coming," I laughed into the microphone, "Come on, Dan. You're about to be married to a fucking Broadway singer,"

Everyone laughed, including Dan,

"Okay," I said once everyone had settle down, "This song is called "A Change in Me," from Disney's Beauty and the Beast with a little editing done, which I will be auditioning for in November," I turned back to Dan, "Love, this is for you: (Note: lyrics have been changed to make it more of a love song)

There's been a change in me
A kind of moving on
Though what I used to be
I still depend upon
For now I realize
That good can come from bad
That may not make me wise
But oh, it makes me glad

And I-
I never thought I'd leave behind
My childhood dreams, but I don't mind
For now I love the man I see
No change of heart
A change in me

For in my dark despair
I slowly understood
My perfect world out there
Had disappeared for good
But in its place I feel
A better life come through
And it's so good and real
Because it comes from you

And I-
I never thought I'd leave behind
My childhood dreams, but I don't mind
With you is where I want to be
No change of heart
A change in me

I stepped away from the band and up to Dan, who now had tears falling from his eyes. I took his hand and sang:

No change of heart
A change in me

As soon as the band hit their final note, Dan grabbed me in his arms and held me tight as everyone applauded. After awhile I pulled away and kissed lips real quick before taking our places back by the priest.

"Point being," I went on to my finish, "I love you Dan, and whatever life may throw our way, I'm sure we can get through as long as I have you." I gazed deep into his eyes, "Thank you for giving me back my wings to fly,"

"Very beautiful," Father commented, "and now for the rings," he motioned for the ring barer, Dan's little cousin, to come forth with the rings, "Now if there is anyone here who feels that these two should not be wed, speak now, or forever hold their peace,"

It was dead silent, as if a single sound would end the wedding all together.

He nodded, "If there is no one, let us continue..."

"Wait!" someone stormed in through the doors, "You can't marry him, Deana,"

I snapped around and gaped, "Derrek?"
♠ ♠ ♠
:::IMPORTANT UPDATE::: for reasons of my own, I have decided to change the POV. So from this point on, the story will be told from first person (for those who don't know, its when the main character is the one telling the story)