This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-88

"Derrek!" I repeated, "Is that you?"

"Yes," He huffed. He looked like he had just had a long run. Then again, having a wedding being stopped takes a lot of breath from you, especially when you're the one stopping it.

"De, listen to me," Derrek ran up to you as he caught his breath, "You can't marry Dan. He's not right for you,"

"Oh, Derrek," I smiled with my teeth clenched tight together. I grabbed him harshly by the forearm and pulled him to the side, "Derrek," I whispered with my teeth still gritted together, "What the hell are you doing!"

"Stopping you from making a big mistake," Derrek said

"Derrek, Derrek, Derrek," I shook my head, "The only one making a big mistake here is you by barging in here. What are you doing here anyway? I thought you went back to the states,"

"I did," he smiled and touched my cheek, "But when I-"

"Don't," I slapped his hand away,

Derrek dropped his hand, "Sorry. Anyway, like I said, I did, but then once I found out you were getting married, I had to stop you before it was too late,"

"And like always, you left it to the very last minute to do it," I sneered,

"Hazelnut, you have to listen-"

"First of all, I told you not to call me that!" I snapped at him, "And this is what I'm talking about. You did this when I had to chose between you and Dan, and now my wedding!"

"You can't marry him," Derrek spat back,

"And why not?"

"Because I love you,"

I groaned, "Derrek, don't start with this again,"

"Deana, you can't marry this loser," Derrek spat out,

"Don't talk about Dan like that!" I hollared at him,

"But you can't," Derrek shot back, "You and I go together so much better,"

I ran a hand through my hair, "Why are you doing this to me," I said a bit less harsh than I wanted it to sound,

"I can't help it," Derrek told me, looking helpless, "I'm in love with you,"

I rolled my head back up, "Derrek, if you really loved me, you would have left when I asked you to! Or at least come to talk to me before this,"

"De, please calm down," Brie stroked my arm,

I shook her hand off of my arm, "No, this has gone far enough!"

"Deana, if you could please just postpone the wedding until we can talk-"

"Talk about what?" I shouted,

"About us," Derrek answered, "There has to be some doubt in your mind,"

"Doubt about you, yes," I sneered, "Just the thought that I considered the thought of being in love with you again makes me sick,"

"Even you admitted that you loved me still," Derrek reminded me,

"That wasn't me," I spat at him, "That was you manipulating me into thinking that you really had changed. But now I see that you're just the same, pathetic drop-out I dumped in high school,"

"I doubt you were thinking that the night I kissed you,"

I could feel dozens of mouths drop in just as much shock as I was feeling right then. I looked past Derrek over to Dan, who looked not only shock, but hurt. My eyes glared up as I looked back at Derrek, "You little, son-of-a-bitch!"

As I raised my arm to slap him across the face, suddenly he grabbed me by the wrist and before I knew it I felt his lips crash onto mine. My eyes grew wide open and I tried using my other arm to push him off as the disturbed crowd grew in. Finally I felt Derrek being pulled off me. I saw Dan shoving Derrek off as I wiped my mouth,

"Don't you dare go near her!" Dan growled at Derrek,

"Back off!" Derrek shoved back,

"Stop it you two," I pulled them apart as the started going at eachother, "Get off of him!" I pushed Derrek off his feet,

"You stay away from her!" Dan snapped at him,

Derrek smirked, "And who are you to tell me what to do?"

"My husband," I stepped up, showing my ringed finger,

Derrek was silent for a moment, "So I'm too late,"

I nodded with a stern expression,

Derrek shook his head as he got to his feet, "That's okay," he stood up straight, "I can guarentee you it won't last more than six months," He started backing up, "and when it's over, you'll be begging for me," he pointed right back, "You better watch your back because one day it'll all be over and you'll be begging for me! Do you understand? You'll be begging for me to come back!"

I shook my head as Derrek left and took off the ring, "Thanks, Tree," I said as I handed back her ring, then I looked back up at Dan, "I'm so sorry," was all I said before I picked up my dress and ran out of the church.

"Deana," Dan called after me,