This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-89

"Why did this have to happen to me?" I groaned as I walked further down the hall away from everybody. "Why to Dan?" I leaned against the wall and slide down,

"Deana," Dan said in panic as he pushed open the doors,

"Over here," I called sadly,

Dan turned around surprisingly and ran over when he saw my depressed state, "Are you alright, love?" he knelt down,

I shook my head, "No," I groaned, "That stupid Derrek had to ruin everything,"

Dan wrapped his arms around me, "No he didn't," he assured me,

"Yes he did," I argued, "He knew that this would be the best way to split us up," I buried my head into my hands and leaned against Dan's chest, "I just can't believe he would go through with it,"

"It's alright, love," Dan hushed, stroking my back, "It'll be alright,"

"I'm so sorry Dan," I muttered,

He lifted his face back up, "Sorry for what?"

I pulled back, trying my best to hold my tears back, "For not telling you about...you know...what he said in there,"

Dan shook his head, "Deana, it's nothing-"

"Yes it is," I stopped him before he could finish, "I saw the way you looked when Derrek announced it to everyone,"

Dan shrugged, "Yeah, well I kind of forgot about that when I saw him snog you,"

I rolled my eyes, "Please don't remind me,"

Dan held me tighter, "Trust me, I don't want to remember that either,"

"I'm so sorry for all of this," I apologized again, "I never meant for any of this to happen,"

"Of course you didn't," Dan hushed me, his hands stroking my back, "Of course not,"

I looked up at Dan, square in the eye, "Do you still want to go on?"

He gave me a puzzled look, "Go on what?"

"With the wedding," I put it out blankly,

Dan pulled away slightly, "Why? Do you not want to?"

"No," I replied almost instantly, "I do, I really do. I just want to make sure you want to."

"Why wouldn't I want to marry you?" Dan asked rhetorically,

"I mean, after all that happened in there..."

"That doesn't matter to me," Dan cut me off, "Derrek's gone, and as long as you want to, we can still continue on with our wedding,"

"But you weren't bothered by anything he said back there?"

Dan hesitated, "I'd be lying if I said I didn't"

I groaned,

"But," Dan continued, "It's nothing we can't fix," His hands slid under my chin, "It's like you said back there. Life's going to throw a lot of things our way, but as long as we have each other, we can get through it all,"

I sniffled, "I really would like to continue," I said softly,

Dan stood up and extended his hand, "Then what are we waiting for?" he grinned,

I couldn't help but smile as I reached for his hand,

...

"She's alright," Dan announced with his arm around me, "The bride just got a little shaken up by our disturbance,"

"I'm okay," I held my hand up as we approached the Minister once again, "Okay," I sighed, "I'm ready,"

"Then lets continue," he grinned, holding up the two rings, "Daniel," he said, handing Dan one of the rings, "Repeat after me, 'With this ring I thee wed and with it I bestow all of the treasures of my mind, heart and hands.'"

"With this ring I thee wed," Dan repeated as he slid his ring onto my finger, "and with it I bestow all of the treasures of my mind, heart and hands.'"

"Deana," he turned and handed me the other ring, "Repeat the following, 'With this ring I thee wed and with it I bestow all of the treasures of my mind, heart and hands,'"

"With this ring I thee wed and with it I bestow all of the treasures of my mind, heart and hands." I vowed, placing my ring on his finger,

"Daniel, do you take this woman,to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?"

"I do," Dan smiled,

"And do you," The Priest continued, handing me the other ring, "Deana, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?"

"For that and more, I do," I promised

"I hereby now pronounce you man and wife," He finally announced, "You may kiss the bride,"

I didn't even wait for Dan to take my veil off. Instead I just snatched it off my head and wrapped my arms around his neck while kissing him with everything I had in me. Without hesitating, he held me in his arms tightly as everyone applauded,

"I love you so much," He whispered to me once we pulled away,

"I love you more," I grinned,