This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-9

"What time is it?" you asked hours later.

Oliver looked at his watch, "Half past midnight,"

"Tree, we should be going,"

"Awww, do we have to," Teresa whined as she snuggled up to Oliver.

"Yes," you answered with no effect on their bliss, "We have school tomorrow, remember?"

"Damn, you're right." she cursed. She swifted her legs over to the ground and stood up, "Well, tonight was fun, but De and I gotta go."

"We should go too," Emma stood up, "The fire's almost dead anyhow,"

"Well, it was fun while it lasted," Tom said as he aproached you. He stuck out his hand, "It was fun,"

You laughed, "Come over here." and wrapped your arms around him. He held you for a moment and then let go. You turned and saw James ready for his hug.You rolled your eyes and gave him one too and watched as he went off to say good-bye to Teresa. You walked over to Emma, "Thanks for inviting me over,"

She embraced you, "Aww, it was nothing. You're fun to have around."

"Yaay, love." you grinned. You turned to Katie, "Bye Katie,"

She hugged you, "Bye, De. Call me sometim so we can hang out,"

"Will do." Once you turned from Katie, you saw Dan standing near you and decided to go greet him.

"What's a nice fella like you doin' here all by ya self?" you asked in a country accent.

He laughed, "Nothing really,"

"Well aren't you going to say good-bye?"

He stuck out his hand. You sighed and pulled him into an embrace. He seemed still for a moment, but soon you felt his arms slowly slip around your waist.

You pulled back after an awkward moment. "I'll see you around,"

You walked backwards for a moment and kept your gaze on Dan, then turned and found Teresa. You gave your last good-byes and left for your car. Once reached, you plopped in on the drivers side and Teresa took the seat next to you.

"So what's the deal with you and Oliver?" You asked after awhile

"What do you mean?"

"I mean are you two going out?" you said more specifically.

She paused for a moment, "I don't know. I guess you can say that."

You smiled, "Congrats."

"Thanks," she smiled back, "Now we just need to set you up with Dan,"

"We're not going to start that again,"

"Why not?" Teresa questioned, "You two have been awfully friendly these past two weeks,"

"So we were friendly,"

"Not the we share our secrets, we've-known-each-other-since-we were-in-diapers friendly," she said, "I mean the I-like-him-he-likes-me-its-so-obvious-but-we-still-won't-do-anything friendly,"

You gave her a puzzled look, "What?"

She plopped her hands down on her knees, "Let's start with this. Do you like him?"

"Teresa..."

"Do you like him?"

"How should I-"

"This is a simple yes or no question," Teresa nearly yelled, "Do you like Dan? Yes or no?"

"Yes! Yes!" you cowered, "I like him."

"Say it,"

"I like him,"

"With his full name!"

"I like Daniel Radcliffe!," you shouted

"Ha," she said in a calm voice, "I knew it."

You rolled your eyes, " So now you know. So what?"

"Now you two can go out,"

"What?"

"Come on De," she complained, "It's so obvious he likes you,"

"He does not," you protested.

"He does so."

"And how do you know?"

"Well first he was all 'Your blood is so irresistable'" she said immitating Dan, "And you two have been flirting ever since you met,"

"Whatever,"

"And here's something else," she continued, "Why do you think he let you take home his jacket?"

You looked down at your arms and sure enough the sleeves were over them, "Oh my god. I forgot I was wearing this. I have to turn back."

"There's my fourth reason," she pointed out, "You know it would just be easier to have him come to your place and pick it up, but right now you are just looking for any reason to go see him."

"Am not," you argued, "I'm just saying this because I remember him putting his phone in the pocket of his jacket," You dug into the side pocket and showed his cell phone to prove it.

"One more reason," she said pointing to the phone, "If you don't like him then how could you have known something so specific as to where he last put his cell phone?"

"You're being paranoid," you said.

"And you're being in denial," she shot back, "Why are you being like this?"

"Because first of all," you started, "even if he did like me, which I'm not saying he does, I don't have time for a boyfriend now that school has started, nether the less a celebrity as one." you sighed, "And why would he like me anyway?"

"Because you're funny and smart and incredibly hot." you laughed at that, "and the sexiest eyes a guy could ask for,"

"He did say he liked my eyes,"

Teresa gave you a glare, "And you were trying to convince me you didn't like him."

"But still," you said, "I don't think I'm going to be having a boyfriend for awhile,"

"That's what you always say," she groaned,

You laughed and suddenly heard Dan's phone ringing. You dug into the pocket of the jacket until you found it and turned it on, "Dan's personal line," you answered, "Secretary speaking,"

"I didn't know I had a personal line,"

"Hey Dan," you giggled, "Guess you figured out I took home your jacket, huh?"

"Yeah,"

"You want me to turn around and return it?" you asked. You saw Teresa glaring at you from the corner of your eye.

"No, that's not necessary," he answered, "I'll just come by this weekend and pick it up,"

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I'll get the directions from Emma."

"Alright, so I'll see you later,"

"Bye, Deana,"

"Bye," and you hung up. You looked over to Teresa and saw her looking at you with the biggest smart ass look on her face, "What?"

"What did he say?"

"He said he would come by this weekend to get it,"

"See?" she squealed, "He is so dying to see you."

"Yeah, whatever."

Teresa extended her hand out, "Give me your cell phone."

"Why?"

"Just give it to me," you sighed as you handed her your cell phone. You put your hands back on the wheel, and then suddenly felt her hand digging to the pocket of Dan's pocket. She pulled it out and began pushing buttons on both cell phones. Finally she put Dan's phone in its place and handed you yours.

"What did you do?" you asked flipping open your cell phone

"I exchanged phone numbers between you two," she grinned proudly, "Now you can call him and he can call you,"

"How far are you going to go with this?"

"Until you two are married."

You rolled your eyes. You pulled up into the parking lot and halted next to the door. You took out the kays and after locking your doors, you and Teresa headed for the apartment. Once inside you gave out a big yawn.

"Well, I'm going to bed," you stretched.

"Good night then, De," Teresa yawned, waling to her bedroom, then added, "Have sweet dreams off Dan tonight." before closing the doors. You walked to your own bedroom, not caring what Teresa had said, and shut it behind you. You turned around and plopped down on the bed. 'So this is what it feels like to be in his arms' you thought sarcastically. You took off the jacket and threw it on the floor. You then felt your phone vibrating inside your pocket. You groaned as you dug inside to get your phone. You opened it up and said, "Hello."

"Hello Deana,"

You sat up in your bed, "Who is this?"

"Awww baby," the man sneered, "How could you forget about me after our little meeting not too long ago?"

You shuttered, "Jim?"

"Bingo," Jim said into the phone (I know he's a lamo) "Thought I forgot about you for a sec, didn't you?"

"What do you want?"

"What do you think I want?" Jim snickered, "You know I never lose a client, and once they've been initiated there's no turning back,"

"I made it possible," you shot back at him

"You only think you did," Jim mocked, "But I've been pretty busy since our little run in with the cops. Every girl that came to me I've gotten back, including the ones who I had to force."

"You bastard!"

"And guess what honey?" he snickered, "It won't be long until I come for you,"

"How do you know you'll get me?" you growled, "The last time you tried to take me I got away."

"Only because there was a crowd," he told you, "And I was a little early on my scheduele. I thought I might go for the harder girls while I was ahead. But I'm giving you this warning," he sneered, "You're turn is coming up soon," and with that he hung up.

You slowly closed your phone and sat there. 'How did he get my number?' you thought. You curled up into a ball and fell down shivering on your bed. Things had definetly changed since moving to London. Some things were for the worse.