This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-90

"I can't believe it!" I exclaimed in the limo, "I'm a married woman now!"

Dan laughed, "You say that like it's hard to believe,"

I shrugged, "For me, getting married is." I smiled, "But not when it's getting married to you,"

"You find that not hard to believe?" Dan asked with a raised eyebrow,

I scooted over closer to him, "Absolutely," I tilted my head and pressed my lips softly against his, "because I love you so much,"

He touched my cheek, "I love you too," he whispered before kissing me again.

"This is going to be so exciting," I grinned, "Mrs. Deana Vazquez,"

"Mrs. Vazquez?" Dan repeated,

I gave him a strange look, "Yeah, Vazquez. What's the problem?"

Dan shook his head, "Nothing, it's just..."

"Were you expecting me to take your name?"

"Well..." Dan hesitated, "I guess,"

I shook my head, "Sorry. I'm staying a Vazquez,"

"And what's wrong with being a Radcliffe?"

"Nothing," I assured him, "But come on. Deana Radcliffe?" I shook my head, "It just doesn't fit to me,"

"It sounds wonderful to me," Dan said, pullingme closer to him,

"And so does Daniel Vazquez," I stuck out my tongue at him,

"Daniel Vazquez?" Dan said the same way I had, "Now that sounds ridiculous,"

"Hey," I shoved him, "I have a cousin named Daniel Vazquez,"

Dan looked away, "Sorry,"

I grabbed his chin and turned his head back to me, "It's nothing personal," I explained, "but my mom did that after she got married, so I kind of picked up on the idea,"

He smiled and took my hand from his chin, bringing it up to him and kissing it, "As long as it makes you happy," he smiled at me,

I leaned in close to his face, "Just being with you makes me happy enough," I closed my eyes and pecked his lips,

***

"Attention," Alan announced into his microphone, "Everybody listen up. We have a few people here who would like to say a few words, but first my wife and I would like to say a few words," He looked over to the head table where Dan and I sat, "I can't believe that it's so soon that we're standing here giving out some cheesy wedding speech for my son-"

Marcia stole the mic away from her husband, "I still remember him as a little baby, the day he was born. His little tush was soo..."

"Mum," Dan groaned, "Not at my wedding,"

"No, this is getting good," I rested my chin on my hand, "Continue, please,"

Alan grabbed the mic back, "Moving on without humiliating our son," he said with emphasis on the without, eying at Marcia, "I stand before my son, now married, and I-" he put his other arm around Marcia, "we, would just like to wish you the best of luck. Understand that the world of marriage can be a tough life." Alan turned to his wife, "In some cases a very, very...very tough life,"

Marcia glared at him and took the mic away, "And though you may want to sometimes rip your husbands head of,"

"Or your wifes," Alan added,

Marcia continued, "As long as you stick together and help one another, we all know you two can get through anything. Talking to Dan, I knowyou two have gone through enough as it is, so seeing you still together gives us assurance that you can get through anything,"

Just as Marcia was about to tear up, Alan grabbed the microphone as she dabbed her eyes, "And now I believe our maid of honor," he stopped, "Sorry, maids of honor have something they would like to say,"

Brie and Teresa grinned like mad as they walked up to the podium and took the mic away from Alan. I couldn't help but smile as well. "Well I didn't exactly have a lot of time to practice my speech," Teresa started, "So I guess I'm going to have to read off the paper," Teresa took out a rolled up sheet of paper and dropped it, letting it roll to the ground and off in front of her. Many people laughed, "Now let me see..." Teresa looked down at the paper, "Oh shit, this is Brie's grocery shopping list,"

Everyone laughed.

Brie snatched the paper and gave Teresa a playful glare, "Very funny," she sneered as she rolled up the paper before she turned to Ruperts seat, "Save this honey," she said tossing the list to him, "We'll go shopping tomorrow,"

My god are they goofy I laughed inside my head

Teresa shrugged, "Oh well. Guess I'm gonna have to improvise," She held the mic firmlyin her hand, "though I don't really know how to start without taking up the entire night. I guess I can start by saying I've never had a friend like her. Not many people would take inthier friend who just moved into town just like that, and Deana litterally had me in her home within the first week of me coming into London. Even before then she has been such a good friend to me, and we've become so close ever since I came here. She has had such an impact on my life," Teresa pointed to Oliver, "I would have never even met Oliver if it weren't for her, let alone married him if she hadn't been there for both of us," She looked back at me, "And trust me, your kindness hasn't stopped there."

"It's alright, darling," Dan whispered to me as he took my hand. I was already begining shake.

"But cutting to the chase," Teresa went on, "De, it's so good to see you and Dan together like this. I can't tell you how great you two are for eachother. I don't have any doubt in what you two have because I know that it is pure and strong. Just the way you look at eachother says it all." She took another deep breath, "And I'm going to let Brie take over before I start sobbing," she shoved the mic to Brie.

Brie rolled her eyes as she took the mic from her, "Well I have to agree with everything she just said," she smiled, "And as far as taking in homeless friends, I can also agree from experiance. She did exactly the same thing for me before I moved in with Rupert, and i cannot thank her enough for that. Point is though..." she bit her lip, "Point is, is that I know that when it comes to De, she doesn't chose just any man. Even if I had any doubt in Dan, I know that if De had full faith in this marriage then there's no point arguing with her," Brie paused, "But I know for a fact that you guys will have a wonderful life together. You two make such a great team, as actors, as friends...and especially as lovers. I just want you two to know that you not only have my support, but also my blessing,"

Just as I was about to burst, Teresa took the mic back and placed it near Brie's belly, "Would junior like to say anything?" Teresa said out loud. I shook my head and smiled until Teresa stood up straight once again, "Hey Deana," she called my attention, "Junior says he wants to have another playmate real soon,"

No one could help but laugh at that. I could already feel my cheeks getting hotter

"Just remember," Teresa leaned next to Brie, "You're Next!" They both said in unicen. Everyone clapped as they took their seats. We finally made eye contact, where I managed to mouth out 'I hate you,' to them, in which they just grinned at me in response.

"Thank you, ladies," Alan grinned, "And now, unless I'm mistaken, I believe it is time for our newlyweds to take their first dance,"

Dan stood up almost immediatly, while I sat there for a moment blushing. I hated free dancing enough as it was, but now I'd have everyone watching me as well,

"Come on, De," Dan pleaded, taking my chin in his hand and pulling it up. One glance at his hopeful eyes and he knew I couldn't resist them. I smiled and took his hand as he guided me out to the middle of the dance floor. I could feel his hands slide around my waist as the music started softly.

"Don't be so tense," Dan told me,

"You know I don't like dancing," I whispered,

Dan raised an eyebrow,

"Public dancing," I corrected myself,

"Everything will be fine," He assured, pressing his forehead against mine, "Just look at me,"

I nodded, then after awhile I smiled, "When did you get so good at this?"

"So good at what?"

"Knowing what to say and when to say it," I answered him as we started swaying,

He shrugged, "I think it's just when I'm with you,"

I leaned up and kissed him tenderly, "I love you so much,"

"I love you too,"

"So now that we are married," I changed the subject, "Where is it exactly we are going to live?"

He simply responded with a sly grin,

"What did you do?"

"Nothing bad," Dan answered,

My eyes got wide, "You didn't buy a house yet, did you?"

He broke the eye contact, "Maybe..."

"You did, didn't you,"

He nodded, "I wasn't planning on buying it, but I knew you would love it,"

"What does it look like?" I asked anxiously,

"You'll have to see it for yourself,"

"But that means I'll have to wait until after our honeymoon," I whined

Dan shook his head, "Sorry,"

I stuck out my bottom lip, "At least a hint,"

Dan leaned forward and kissed my pout, "You'll love it,"

"Some hint," I rolled my eyes. Then taking a second glance over my shoulder I suddenly realized that Dan and I were not the only ones dancing anymore. Sometime during our converstion several other couples had joined us. "When did they get here?" I raised my eyebrow,

"Huh?"

I turned my head back, "The other people,"

He looked around as well, then turned back as though he didn't care, "I don't know," he replied, "Haven't noticed,"

I sighed as I rested my head on his shoulder, "I love you so much, Daniel,"

I felt Dan tighten his grip around my waist, "I love you too,"

It wasn't very long after before our song ended, and which by that time I was almost disappointed. But immediatly a new song began and almost everyone was off of their feet. It wasn't long before I felt myself being pulled away from Dan by Teresa and Brie for a dance group. Giggling and laughing throughout several songs, exchanging partners along the way, it was finally time for the tossing.

"It's time for the bride to throw the bouquet!" Somebody announced. All the ladies gathered around anxiously as I stepped onto the stage, holding my flowers. The ladies took their spots and watched as I threw the bouquet over my head. I turned quickly to watch who would get it, and smiled when Dan's little cousin emerged from the crowd clutching the flowers. Everyone clapped, and she looked atus all like we werecrazy.

"Daniel!" I called out seductively, motioning to him with my finger, "It's the guy's turn to catch something,"

Being the immature guys that most of them were, they began whistling and barking as Dan came forward with a big, embarrassing grin on. When he finally reached me I could see his cheeks going a deep shade of red. I reached for the chair behind me and placed it in between me and Dan. By this time the girls had fled to the sides and the guys had taken their place in the center, waiting just as anxiously. Slowly I lifted my dress once I took my seat and lift my leg into the air, letting it drop in Dan's arms with a seductive stare. Dan gave me a sexy look of his own as he traced the outline of my garter before he leaned forward and gave me a lustful kiss, sliding the garter off as he did. When he finally pulled away, we smiled at eachother as the males rooted for him. He leaned back up, with the rest of the guys prepared, and launched the garter out. By no surprise, Rupert turned out to be the one to catch it,

"You did that on purpose," I whispered to Dan,

He smiled, "I think it should be his turn, seeing as he's going to be a father soon,"

I kissed him lightly, "That's so cute. Danny's trying to be a matchmaker,"

He leaned forward and kissed me, much harder than before, "I love you,"

"I love you too,"