This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-93

"My baby is back!" Teresa screamed as she ran over to greet me and Dan.

"Tree!" I shouted back as I embraced her. Her and Oliver had agreed to pick up Dan and I from the airport when we got back from our honeymoon. Obviously, two weeks was far too long for her to be away from me. Then again, the poor girl could barely stand three days. But all the same, I missed her just as much as she did.

"So how was Spain?" Teresa asked giddily.

"Beautiful," I told her as I felt Dan come up behind me. I looked over Teresa's shoulder to see Oliver, holding Jeffery, who seemed to get bigger each time I saw him. "Oliver," I snapped jokingly, "Get your ass over here and give me a hug."

He laughed as he walked forward and gave me a one armed hug, seeing that the other one was occupied with not dropping his son. As he pulled away, I reached over and grabbed Jeffery, and then Oliver went to greet Dan.

"How's my big boy?" I cooed as I held up my god-son and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Good to see you, mate," Oliver grinned, giving Dan a hug.

"Good to be back," Dan responded.

"Did you miss Auntie De?" Teresa cooed next to me.

I smiled, "Why don't we go get our bags and get out of here?" I suggested, "I'm starved, and I am not in the mood for airport food,"

"Now that you mention it," Teresa agreed, "I'm hungry too,"

Oliver clapped his hands together, "Well how about Dan and I go get the bags, and Teresa you go and get the car,"

Teresa nodded, "Great. We'll meet you outside,"

"Alright," Oliver made a gesture to Dan, "Let's go mate. Girls got me hungry already."

Dan rolled his eyes and chuckled as he followed Oliver. I watched after him, still holding Jeffery in my arms, and saw him turn back once to flash me that famous grin of his before disappearing among the people.

I sighed before turning to Teresa, "So, we ready to go?"

"Yeah," she replied, "As soon as I take a leak. Do you mind watching Jeff?"

I shook my head, "Not at all,"

"Thanks," she smiled, "Be right back," and she charged off.

I grinned and looked over to Jeff, who opening and closing his hand in the direction his mother had taken off in, as if to wave to her, "Are you saying bye-bye to mommy?"

"Ba-ba-ba," he stuttered,"

I laughed before kissing his soft cheek, "It sure won't be long until you start talking and walking..." I looked up and suddenly got an idea to pass the time. I gentle set his feet down on the ground, and then grabbed both of his hands without letting him go. At that point Jeff knew exactly what to do, and soon he went charging off as far as I would let him go.

"My goodness, you're a charger," I laughed, "Mommy's going to be in trouble once you start walking,"

"Oh my gosh," someone said in front of me. I looked up to see a woman who seemed to be just a little bit older than me staring with glee at little Jeffery, "He's adorable,"

"Isn't he?" I agreed as I pick him up once again. From the way that she didn't even bother to ask for an autograph I assumed she wasn't from around here. Broadway stars very rarely get globally famous.

"How old?"

"A little over four months," I answered, stroking the redish brown hair that was beginning to grow on Jeffery's head,

The woman raised an eyebrow, "And how old are you?"

"Just turned twenty four,"

"Twenty four?" she seemed surprised, "My, you look so much younger,"

I shrugged, "I get that a lot."

"Well," she grinned at me, "For a girl your age, you seem to be doing a great job being a mother,"

My eyes widened with surprise, "W-what?"

"Oh don't pretend he's not yours," she nudged me, "He looks so much like you,"

"You don't understand,"

"I think I do," she cut me off, "After all, some people get the wrong impression when a girl as young as you has a child,"

I opened my mouth to protest, but decided that there was no use arguing with her, "Yeah," I sighed, "What gave it away?"

She pointed down at my hand, and I saw that she was refering to my wedding ring, "It's good to see at least you have a husband to help support him,"

"Yeah," I replied,

"Well I best be on my way," She leaned over to pick up her hand bag, "Sorry to be a bother,"

"No bother at all," I called as she left. Once I was alone again, I stood there and lingered on the womans comments. Would I be a good mother? I thought before Teresa came running back.

"Sorry I took so long," Teresa apologized as she took her son out of my arms, "I hope he wasn't any trouble,"

"No," I muttered, "Not at all,"

She raised an eyebrow at me, "Are you okay, De?"

I nodded vigorously, "Yeah, I'm fine. Just zoning out, is all,"

"Well you'll feel much better when we go eat," Teresa grabbed my hand with her free one, "Our treat,"

"Deal," I smiled as I followed her out,