This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-94

"Dan," I groaned, "Will you just please tell me where we're going?"

"It's a surprise," Dan said,

"Come on," I whined, "Give me a hint,"

"Sorry," Dan denied my request, "But I can't do that,"

I sighed, "Well can I at least take off this stupid blindfold?"

"No,"

I sat against the car seat with my arms folded. After we ate with Teresa and Oliver, we were dropped off back at Dan's house. I couldn't even take a seat before Dan blindfolded me and took me to his car. It felt like about ten minutes when I started to whine like a three year old. A part of me was really excited, yet nervous. Dan never really gave me surprises before, and I wasnt' sure howthis was going to turn out.

"How far are we going?"I asked,

"It shouldn't be much further," Dan told me, "Just relax. You'll love it,"

I took in a deep breath. I hated not knowing what was going on. But at that point I didn't have to wait much longer. About a minute or two later I could feel the car pulling up, and then Dan shifting the car into park. I listened as I heard Dan get out of the car, and then the sound of him opening my door and helping me out. I held onto his hand firmly, because knowing me I would be falling flat on my face.

"Can I see now?"

"Almost," Dan responded eagerly, still gripping onto my hand. For a moment he let go and placed both of his hands on my shoulders, positioning me in front of something. "Alright," he said backing away, "Now,"

I chuckled as I reached to untie the blindfold, "Seriously, Dan. What on earth did you..." I trailed off asstared out to what was in front of me, "Oh my god,"

It was nothing like I could have imagined. The house was a very large, almost four story victorian house that I could have only imagined in my dreams. The first story was painted a faded yellow color, and then faded into a gray color as it neared the top of the house. There was a very big porch, and above it was a balcony almost just as big, the fencing painted a white that looked almost fresh.

"Oh, wow," Was all I could say at this moment.

Dan came up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist, and rested his chin against my shoulder, "So do you like it?"

"I...I..." I tried to say something, but I was still recovering from shock.

Dan chuckled, "I think I can take that as a yes,"

"Dan," I gasped, "I love it,"

"Good," he kissed my cheek,

I continued staring at the house in front of me, "It's beautiful,"Then I turned to face Dan, "You wouldn't happen to be planning on buying this, would you,"

Dan shrugged, "Well, actually, I already bought it,"

"You did?" I exclaimed, pulling away

He nodded, "I made the final payments before the wedding, and I had the movers take all of our stuff in while we were gone,"

"So that's what you were talking about," I realized, remembering his comment at the reception.

He shot me a smirk, "And it's closer to where you work, so you don't have to drive so far,"

"Oh my god," I looked back up at the house, "This must have cost a fortune,"

Dan stepped forward again and pressed me against him, "Consider it making up for you never letting me spend a dime on you since the day we met,"

I smirked as I lifted my head up and kissed him softly on the lips, "Thank you so much," I rested my head back on his chest and gazed on, observing the house. "But I think we're going to have to paint it a different color,"

"I was actually thinking the same thing," Dan agreed, "But I thought I would leave that decision to you,"

I nodded, "Yeah, maybe a forest green," I took another good glance, "And we should probably paint the fencing black then,"

Dan raised an eyebrow at me, "Why? The white would look great with it,"

I shook my head, "It'll remind me too much of my high school colors,"

He shrugged, "Whatever makes you happy,"

I sighed, "Well we can worry about that later," I patted his chest and walked forward, "We should start unpacking,"

"Actually," Dan grabbed my hand and pulled me back in, "I was thinking that could wait,"

"Oh," I responded, wrapping my arms around his neck, "And what else did you have in mind,"

"Well," Dan hesitated with a smile, "I told the movers to have the bed set up..."

"Daniel Jacob Radcliffe," I giggled, "Didn't you get enough of that on our honeymoon,"

He grinned, "Love, when it comes to that, there is no such thing as enough,"

I rolled my eyes, but he was a man afterall, "I don't know,"

"Please," Dan begged, "Pretty please," He got down on his knees and pouted out his lower lip, "I'll be a good boy, I promise,"

Looking down at him, I couldn't help but laugh. Then I knelt down and grabbed his hands, sighing asI gazed into his hopeful eyes, "I guess unpacking can wait until later,"

A smile crept across his face, and before I knew it he leaped up and picked me up into his arms, placing a hungry kiss on my lips, "I love you, Deana," he gleamed,

I pulled away and grabbed his hand, "I love you too,"

Then we ran up into our new home.