The Pros, Cons, and Loves of Piracy

Part Nine.

It's been two weeks since I left the Reclaimer and went with The Black Pearl, and we got the first clue. We now were heading to Canada, were the next clue was stationed. Jack and I still didn't talk much, and the only time he really tried to make conversation with me was if we ever happened to be in the same room at the same time. I was currently just pretending to work while talking to Will.

"So, you've been on the water all this time?" Will asked, not looking at me.

"Yeah, most of it. It's kinda like therapy out here."

"Yeah, but it's been a mess the whole time. Why are you being such a bitch to Jack?" he asked, lowering his voice. "He loves you...why do you think he came back?"

"So he can get the stupid treasure. It's the only reason he wanted me to come back."

"If he didn't love you he wouldn't have wanted you." Will placed his arms on my shoulders, forcing me to look at him.

"Yeah, he wants me, not me," I said looking him in the eyes. "Why do you think we haven't been making much progress since a day or two after I came?"

"I know, but can't you just let it go, I know what he did was wrong, but will you just let it go?"

I frowned in disgust pulling away from him. Just as I was about to retort, Jack walked up and said,"Miss Turner, would you come with me for a moment, love?"

"I wouldn't dream of doing anything else," I said sarcastically. Jack smiled and grabbed me, tossing me over his shoulder. "Jack," I shouted, slapping his back,"I am completely capable of walking by myself."

"Yes, but if I let you walk I wouldn't get such a lovely veiw." I gave up on hitting him and let him take me below deck. He walked into the kitchen (or gally or whatever it's called in ships) and sat me down on a chair saying,"What's up with you lately?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said, slightly dizzy from being upside down.

He went to the food storage and pulled out some food, putting it on the table as he said,"You look like you've died, you barely eat, and you never talk anymore."

"I look dead because I can never sleep because someone wouldn't allow the one with a kid to sleep in the actual cabin, I don't eat because there's never good food, and I don't talk as much because there's nothing to talk about! Jack, it's clear that you don't care about me so why don't you just drop me off like all the other women you don't care about?"

Jack looked at me calmly, bringing his hand to mine, suddenly kissing me. I kissed him back, forgetting that about two seconds ago I had been yelling at him. He pulled away and smiled at me, kissing my cheek, saying,"You going to forgive me, or do I have to kiss ye again?" I kept quiet but ate the food Jack had placed before me, realizing I was hungry. As I was eating, I saw him take out his compass and smile.

"All you wanted was to be able to see where the next clue was, wasn't it?" I asked, not looking up. Jack didn't answer, so I stood up and ran above deck. I grabbed a bucket full of water and started scrubbing the deck, a chore I did whenever I was mad or sad or basically in a bad mood. The crew knew this and didn't bother me most of the day.

{Jack's POV}
I sat in the gally, regretting everything. When I finally walked above deck, where I was greeted by Will, who looked less that happy with me.

"Why did you do that?" asked Will, pulling out his sword.

"Put it away, I already know that you'd kill me in a fair fight, I don't want you to have to prove it," I said, turning around, catching sight of Kamille just sitting by the deck, staring out into the water. I walked over to the helm where Kat was sitting down, watching Kamille.

"What's wrong with Mommy?" she asked, looking up at me.

"She's sad," I said, looking away from her.

"Why?"

"Because," I said, trying to be patient with her.

"Because why?"

"She's mad at someone," Isaid, less kindly as before.

"Who is she mad at?"

"No one that matters to you, dear. Now would you please be a good little girl and go talk to your mother as to why she feels the way she feels?"

"But she already told me to go ask you why she's mad. So I figured you'd know why if she told me to go ask you."

"Is there anything I can do to make you shut up?" I asked before she had a chance to continue talking.

"Yeah, can you get me some food?" she asked, standing up and pulling me down the stairs and into the gally.

"Um...okay." I looked in the kitchen for some food she could eat and decided to go ask Elizabeth to feed her.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT.