The Pros, Cons, and Loves of Piracy

Part Ten.

"Jack, what on Earth are you doing to that poor child?" I asked as I walked in the gally.

"I am feeding her," I said triumphantly.

Kat had, what looked like, applesauce, marinara sause, and coatings of sugar smeared on her face. "Hi mommy. Jack said that it doesn't matter to me who you're mad at and then he said he'd do what ever I want as long as I shut up."

I smiled and pushed Jack out of the way and started wiping of her face. "Jack, I didn't even know we had this kind of food in here. What did you do?"

"I let her pick out her own food, since someone said we have no good food." He took a bottle of rum out and took a swig, then handedthe bottle to me. "You look a bit rum deprived, love."

I ignored the rum and said,"Sorry, kicked the habit. And you should, too. It can completely kill your immune system, Jack."

"What? No. First you won't sleep with me now you want me to give up me rum. God, next you'll say you think we should make pink frilly sails and paint the deck blue and put Will in a dress. Love, it just won't work."

Sometime during that, Will and Mr Gibbs came into the gally. "Captain-"

"Um, no. You can wait," I said, doing the diva talk to the hand thing. "Jack, I did sleep with you, but then you slept with someone else, so I shouldn't need to sleep with you. And I would never ask for pink sails and a blue deck. The colors would completly clash."

As Jack opened his mouth, Mr Gibbs said,"Captain, there's a Navy ship behind us. The crew thinks its out to get your compass."

"Well, it's a very desirable thing to want, so if you would inform the crew to load the guns that would be marvelous, Mr Turner." Will walked out of the room and ran up the stairs. "Miss Turner, if you would be so kind as to stay below deck with your daughter?"

"Why not have one of the crew who can't fight stay with her. Why me? I can fight, better than most of the crew, may I add."

"No. You will stay below with the girl." He motioned for Mr Gibbs to go up and sauntered above after him.

"What's the matter Mommy?" asked Kat, standing up.

"Nothing, baby. Let's come on in here," I said, pushing her toward the small closet in the gally. "Now, you need to stay here, whatever happens, okay?"

She now looked slightly scared but smiled and nodded her head. I sat down next to her on the floor and waited for any sign of what to do next.

In a while, I heard commotion above deck and figured that the other crew boarded The Pearl. I stood up and got a few coats and arranged the bags and things in the closet to hide Kat. I piled the coats on Kat and planned to act like I was the cook and paniced when I heard the ship being boarded. I crouched in the closet and soon heard voices and footsteps. I held my breath as they walked into the gally. I heard them looking around and then one of them open the door.

He grabbed me and pulled me out, saying,"This must be the capain's bed mate."

He threw me on the floor as I said,"His cook."

He had his sword out, as did the other sailor with him. I had nothing so I looked around the gally, trying to find a knife or something to use as protection. "What do you want?" I asked, slowly moving toward the counter.

"We want you, dear. And your captain's compass. You know of it?"

"Of course. And I can tell you, it wouldn't be anywhere near here. Jack keeps it with him at all times," I replied, reaching the counter and grabbing the knife, leaping at the first sailor. He stumbled down on the floor and dropped his sword. I grabbed a bottle and hit it on his head, knocking him out cold for a while. I grabbed his sword and tried to get towards the door, but the second sailor tripped me and sliced my side open. I gasped in pain but attacked him with the sword, moving toward the door. He eventually kicked the sword out of my hand and was kneeling over me, his fingers tracing my collarbone and jaw. I wimpered as he brought his face closer to mine. Just as his face was almost touching mine, Jack walked in and aimed his pistol at the man. As he stood up, I shyed away from him and stayed sitting in the corner. I then noticed the cut I had more. It was from my armpit down to my opposite hip. Jack was aiming the the pistol at the one sailor and his sword at the other, who had woken up. I was overcome with exhaustion and passed out after a minute or two.

When I woke up, Jack was kneeling over me, gently cleaning my wound. He smiled at me and said,"Pretty nasty cut you got. Lucky that it just missed your lungs and heart."

I blushed slightly when I realized I was only in my undergarments. "Is Kat okay?"

"Yeah, she's asleep." He continued cleaning it and bandages it up. When he was done, he helped me sit up and said,"I want to take Kat back to Tortuga."

"Why?"

"She could've gotten hurt today, it's just to dangerous. And I know you'd personally kill me if anything happened to her."

"She's your daughter, Jack, and I just want to keep her safe."

He smiled but didn't say anything. He handed me a set of clothes, which he helped me change into. He took my hand in his and helped me get to his cabin so I could sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha, when I wrote this the first time the night before I had a dream that Johnny Depp came to my school as a pirate but he had a peg leg and then he was like 'BUT I ONLY WANTED A PEPSI!' haha. wow.