The Pros, Cons, and Loves of Piracy

Part Twelve.

After I ran below deck I felt the Pearl leave port, but I didn't go above. I immediatly went into the room I knew as Will and Elizabeth's. I sat down, putting my head in my hands, letting the tears spill out freely. I stayed for that position for God knows how long until I got tired and crawled into the corner of the bed and fell asleep.

"Do you think we should wake her up?"

"No! Just let her sleep."

I stirred in my sleep, recognising the voices as Rose and Alissa's. "Well," I said, not opening my eyes,"If you wanted me to stay asleep than you should've stayed away from me."

"I'm sorry," Alissa said, obviously disappointed for waking me.

"Well, Jack said that you should get up so he can put you to work," Rose added.

I opened my eyes, glaring at both of them. "Thanks for ruining my morning, ladies. Now go up and tell Jack that if he wants me up, then he can wake me up himself."

"He figured you'd say that, captain, but I'll go tell him anyway."

"Rose, don't call me that. I'm no longer the captain, Jack is. I would rather him scream at me than you."

Rose looked at me quizically. "You'll be more than a captain than that coward will ever be."

I frown at her and said,"I don't care, as long as we're on Jack's boat, he's the captain."

Rose and Allisa both nodded and walked out of the room, heads hung low. I relaxed again. I soon fell asleep, but only to be woken up by a figure grabbing my waist and hoisting me on his shoulders. I frowned, knowing who it was. Jack.
I sighed and didn't even try to put up a fight as he continued above deck. He seemed to sense I wouldn't fight him, so he put me down before we went up above deck.
"You'll cause no toubles, now will you?"

"No," I said, not looking at him. "Will you?"

He smirked, running a hand through my straight hair. He brought his hand down to my cheek, caressing it gently. I let my eyes close in happiness, forgetting about everything. He brought himself closer to me, taking his hands and placing them on my hips. He brought his lips to my neck, kissing gently. I snapped out of my daydream and instantly pushed him away from me. He grabbed my hand as a instinct, looking in my eyes. "Kami..." I shook my head and continued up above deck.

When I got above deck, no one noticed, so I walked over to the crows nest ladder. I started climbing, and when I got up, I saw Brendon Peirce, a member of the crew who I had not been very familar with. He had light blonde hair before he joined the crew, but the sun had changed it to a golden brown. His eyes where brown, and set on a well balanced face. His smile was one that could melt the sun, and his eyes were calm and warm. Overall, he was handsome in both looks and personality.

"Kamille," he said as he saw me, smiling at my presence. "Are you okay, you took quite a blow when you fell last night."

"Oh, did I? I hardly noticed." I then looked at my arm and noticed a patch of bruises along my arm. "Well, I didn't notice, so it isn't that bad."

"Why did you guys fight?" he asked, turning back to the ocean.

"That whore, Jenette, he said that she was just a toy that replaced me. He said that I never meant anything to him."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be," I said, looking at him,"everyone else says it..."

"And why is that a problem?" he asked, looking at me, his eyes full of concern.

"I don't need pity," I said, raising my voice slightly, aggrivated that I recieved the same responce everytime.

"I'm not pitying you, I care about you."

I opened my mouth in a little bit of suprise. I didn't like letting people care if I didn't know them, and I didn't care about anyone unless I knew for sure I could trust them. "I barely know you," I said in conclusion, hoping he would understand my point.

"You could get to know me."

I sighed, trying to figure out a way to tell him nicely,"I don't get to know people easily. And you barely know me."

"You're wrong. You know a lot of people here, and it's not like we won't see eachother. And I do know you."

"I don't kn-"

"You and Jack, even though you kept hiding it, you both keep on staring at eachother when you think no one's watching. And you are probably the only girl I know that hasn't bedded every guy she's seen. You also don't drink rum, you prefer whiskey when you do drink, which is rare, you try and hide when you do drink and you make sure to have it in a dark mug to hide the color. And another thing, it's kind of weird, but before you go above deck in the morning, you look in the mirror at Will and Elizabeth's door. And not in a conceited way, just in a way that is wondering why the world is the way it is, and why you're here, miserable and not with your kid. And why you can't change it for all you're worth."

I stared. He had rattled off more things about myself that I had forgoten I'd ever done. "That is the creepiest thing I've ever been told."

"Are you mad?"

I sighed. Then I kissed him. He was shell schocked, I could tell by the way he kissed me, hesitant and cautious. When I pulled he ws left gasping. I smirked, as I hadn't gotten a reaction like that in a while. "Am I really that good?" I asked.

"Yes."

I rolled my eyes, smiling playfully.

"So, are you going to get to know me?"

I nodded, then let him kiss me again. "I really need to talk to Jack. Can we continue this later?"

Brendon made a face. "I can't believe you still wanna talk to that jerk."

"You wouldn't understand, it's complicated."

"Then tell me. I don't want to be like Jack was to you."

I gave an aggravated sigh. "If you want to get to know me then you better stop treating Jack like a heartless ass. I knew him better than anyone on this ship, if anyone should judge him it should be me."

He kept quiet so I started down the ladder. When I got to the bottom, I turned around and saw Jack staring at me.

"What are you doing?"

"Talking to Brendon. Is that a problem?"

Jack nodded. "Don't get involved with people like him," he whispered. "He'll only hurt you more than you already are."

I walked off, knowing he'd follow. "And you're one to talk about hurt? Jack, I actually thought you were starting to care about me again. And you want to have someone to make love to you every night?"

"Yes. I mean no... It's complicated."

I sighed and sat down by the rail, burying my face in my hands. Jack sat down beside me, and took my hands.

"I really do care about you. I just...can't give you want you need. You need someone that will always be there. That won't get impatient and that won't get bored. I'm not that person."

"I know." I put my head on his shoulder. I knew that up in the crow's nest Brendon was watching. "Don't hurt me anymore."

"I won't. And don't talk to that Peirce fellow. Not until I do." He stood up, helping me up afterwards. "You can sleep in one of the spare storage rooms by the gally. It's small, but it's just for a while." I nodded, but stayed sitting. We both stayed in our position on the deck for a while. Not neccasarily talking, but just staying there.

It was almost an hour later when I looked out to the ocean, only to see a ship only a few hundred yards away. "Hey..there's a ship there."

"What?" Jack said. He stood up, and glared up at Brendon, "See, another reason why you shouldn't mess with that guy... He failed to notice a huge Royal Navy ship approaching from the starboard bow! Which is the side the crow's nest is on."

Gibbs came up to us, almost as if he just realized himself that a ship had approached us. "Orders?"

"Load the guns, full canvas, you know the drill. Don't fire yet. We need to see what they want." Jack looked calm, but his hands were shaking. "What if they want the compass?" he asked, turning to me, grabbing my arm.

"Then we go hard to port. Jack, that's what they want, we shouldn't wait for them to tell us." I went up to the helm, taking the wheel. "Jack, give the orders."

"Wait."

"Jack, they'll start firing soon." Just as I said that, the ship pulled along side the Pearl and rows and rows of canons opened. "Jack..."

"Fire! Hard to port." He ran down below deck, only staying down long enough to let the crew know the orders. I did as I was told, and Jack came back to the helm and took the wheel. "Go tell Jenette to go to the gally and hide in the broom closet. Then go hide in there also."

"No. One, she won't listen to me and two, I can take care of myself."

Jack rolled his eyes. He looked behind me and made a face. I turned and saw Brenden coming down the ladder. "Don't hurt him, Jack."

"Victoria," Brendon said, ignoring Jack's death glare. "Go below deck. You can't get hurt again."

"Oh yes, Victoria," Jack said sarcastically,"Go below deck." Jack glared at Brendon, continuing,"Don't talk to her like you know her. And don't call her Victoria."

"Why shouldn't I? She's never said I couldn't."

I opened my mouth to protest, but Jack spoke sooner. "Because she's never talked to you. How did you even know her real name?" Jack abandoned the wheel and walked toward Brendon, keeping his hand resting on his sword.

"I heard you call her that. And you don't control her, don't pretend you can. She never loved you."

Before Brendon had a chance to react, Jack pulled out his sword and swung it at Brendon. I reacted quick enough to have my sword block Brendon from harm.

"Stow it. Both of you. Brendon, just because I let you kiss me doesn't mean you tell me what to do, or you tell other people what they think about me. And don't call me Victoria." Brendon was once again shell shocked, and stepped back, pulling out his sword, but keeping it at his side. Jack looked proud of himself, so I continued,"Jack, don't tell anyone what not to say to me."

"Okay. I won't call you Victoria, but go below deck," Brendon asked told me.

It's too late for that," Jack said, nodding over to the ship, that was now close enough to see who it's captain was: Barbossa.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun Dunnnnnnnnnn.