The Pros, Cons, and Loves of Piracy

Part Thirteen.

Well, I didn't know who the captain was, but apparently, Jack did. "Who's Barbossa?" I asked, confused on why Jack was so scared of him.

"Go below deck." Jack looked me in the eyes, and for the first time in years, I felt warmth when I looked in them. "Please."

I turned on my heels and ran below deck, going to warn the crew. When I got below deck, Gibbs grabbed my arm and asked,"Why did you stop sailing?!" angrily.

"Jack said it's Barbossa," I said, truely not sure about the answer to his question. "They'll be boarding in a few minutes." Right on que, thumps were heard on deck, signaling that the crew had boarded.

"Half of you, go above deck," Gibbs said, turning and running up the stairs, "The other half, stay below and keep shooting."

The crew did so, and I ran up with them, finding the crew already in a battle against the other crew. I quickly scanned the crowd forJack Barbossa, and saw Brendon and Jack in a sword fight. I frowned and saw a few pirates breaking into Jack's cabin. I ran over and attacked them, easily getting them both killed. When I turned around, I saw the man I recognised as the captain staring at me. "What's a pretty little miss like you doing way out here?" he asked, placing his sword beside my neck, sticking it in the wall of the door.

"What are yo doing here?" I retorted, backing up to the wall. "What do you want?"

"There's a prize on Jack's head."

"You say it like you'd think we didn't know," I said, hitting the wall, realizing Barbossa was stepping towards me.

"Then you'll also know that there's a even bigger prize if we take him there alive. I've come to get him, Miss. But, why not have fun while we wait?" He took another step towards me, so he was less than six inches away from me. "What's your name, poppet?" he asked, quickly looking around to make sure nobody was watching him.

"I'm not telling you." I once again struggled to get out of his grasp desperately looking for Jack, knowing that if I started screaming, Barbossa would surely use his knife.

"Pity. I'm sure it's just as pretty as your little face." He smirked, revealing his bad teeth and breath.

"What do you want... If you want a quick lay there's a bought whore somewhere below deck, she's already paid in full and is being used by the whole crew, go get her, let me go, I'll get Jack tied up, you can take him back to wherever, let me command this ship. You can control the Pearl, just let me carry out the orders."

"You have spent to much time with Jack. It's that kind of thinking that lost him the Pearl in the first place. And no bought whore can take the place of you, my dear."

Barbossa then grabbed me pulling me as close as possible to him. I screamed in suprise, trying to pull away. I looked behind him and saw Jack look over at me. He ran over, abandoning Brendon, who looked confused. Barbossa looked behind me, seeing Jack running over. "You can't beat me Jack," he said, turning around but taking my arm. The next few seconds seemed to go by in slow motion, Jack took his sword and stabbed Barbossa. I gasped in suprise, but Barbossa just sighed taking out the sword and throwing it to the side.

"What?" Jack asked, cocking an eyebrow quizically.
"That quest you're on, how's that coming, Jackie?" Barbossa kept his grip on my arm, causing me to moan in pain, as I had bruises from the night before.

"Let her go," Jack said, looking from me to Barbossa.

"No."

"Yes. She has nothing to do with this."

"No, I really think I need her here." Barbossa pulled me over in front of him taking a knife and putting it to my neck.

Jack gasped and took a step closer, but only had to take another back because Barbossa pressed the knife closer to me. "Don't. What do you want?"

Barbossa smirked again, whispering in my ear,"Aw, Jackie's willing to give his life so I won't end yours. And what did you say before? You can have Jack, I think it was."

"Shut up," I said trying to get out of his grip. "Jack, don't. He's going to turn you in, he works for the Trading Company!"

Barbossa once again smirked, moving my hair so he had a good spot on the nape of my neck. He kissed it whispering,"Hmm. Why do you want Jack kept alive now, missy? Pirates don't have hearts, there'll be no use to give your's away."

I looked at Jack, trying to mentally get him to just think of himself and not worry about me.

JACKS POV

Kamille's eyes burned into mine, and I knew what she was thinking-don't turn yourself in.
I had usually been one to think about myself first, then think about others, but the first thing I thought about was Kat. I couldn't bear to have to tell Britain, or her for that matter that Kamille had died saving me when it was my fault that she had gotten in the mess in the first place.

You're turning soft, Jackie.

"Huh?"

nking about that girl when she is off flirting with another guy, just forget about her. Let Barbossa have her, then kill them all.

But, they can't die.

"Shut it," I whispered, looking over at the miniture Jacks perched on my shoulders.

Well, the point is, just let him have good ol' what's her face, get him off the ship, start sailing away, all's well, only a few lives lost.

"But if I let him kill Kami, who's to say that he won't kill me next?" I asked, trying to be as subtle about it as possible. It wasn't working, Barbossa and Kamillle were both staring at me as though I had grown a third eye.

NORMAL POV
I breathed deep as Jack opened his mouth with his answer, waiting for Barbossa to slit my throat.

"I'll go quietly, just let Kamille have the Pearl right now and forever, get all of your crew off right now and keep them off forever, and don't hurt anyone ever." Jack said quietly, taking a step towards me. Barbossa sighed, letting me go.
I ran towards Jack, embracing him. "You're the stupidest man I've ever met," I said. He returned the hug, tipping up my face, kissing me. I kissed him back, the tears sliding down my cheeks.

"I never meant to hurt you," he whispered, before getting drug off by some of Barbossa's crew. I closed my eyes, trying to convince myself it was all a dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, I like tragedies.
COMMENT.