The Pros, Cons, and Loves of Piracy

Part Fourteen. (ENDING?!)

When I opened my eyes, I was still on the Pearl. I fell to my knees, burying my head in my hands, sobbinggracefully hysterically. I felt someone come and surround me, but I didn't really care who it was.

With the smell, I knew it was Elizabeth. "Shh," she whispered, rocking me back and forth. "It's okay. Just relax, calm down. Shh."

I faintly heard Will, talking to someone. It was Brendon. He was yelling at him, angry at him for some reason. I guess he was just upset that Jack had been captured. Brendon wasn't the reason, he'd only been trying to help me, which he thought was the right thing to do.

"Victoria?" Will asked softly. "Are you okay?"

I glared up at him, seeing if he was being serious. He was, so I just glared at him.

"She obviously is, Will. And you wonder why you get slapped so much," Elizabeth said, frowning up at him. "Kami... We'll wait an hour or two, then we'll go after him. And we'll get him back. I promise."

"Promises don't mean anything," I said, pulling away from her. "Jack promised he wouldn't hurt me."

She looked at me, having a heartbroken look in her eyes as well. "He didn't do it on purpose."

"It still hurts." I stood up, watching the Naval ship sail away. "As soon as we loose sight of them we'll follow, then wait until dark to ambush them, I'll go aboard, get Jack come back here, then wait and see what happens."

"Okay," Will said, nodding in agreement. "Sounds simple enough."

The next two hours were the longest two hours I've ever experienced. Jenette, who has slept through the whole experience was not helping matters, and she blamed me for Jack's capture. I quickly got her to go in the brigg, where I would keep her until Jack got back, then he would decide what to do with her. After the ship was in condition to start sailing, we started sailing in the direction that Barbossa sailed off in. We made better progress than I thought, and we could see Barbossa's ship within a few hours. They had dropped anchor by an island, and by the looks of things everyone was on the island. "Me and Will are going aboard, we'll try to find Jack, if he's not on board, we'll go on the island. It shouldn't take more than a few hours," I told Elizabeth.

"Okay," she said, helping me get the rowboat ready. "And remember, Victoria... whatever happens, me and Will will always be there for you."

"I know. Thank you both. I really appreciate it, truely I do."

Will came up to the boat and called for a few crewmen to lower it. The row over to the ship was quiet and awkward, and seemed to take hours. "I'll go search below deck in the brigg, you search in the galley and everywhere else to see if he's tied up anywhere," I said as we got to the ship. Will nodded and we both started to climb. When we got to the deck, I quietly made my way to the stairs, as Will did. I went to the bottom level, where the brigg was. My heart broke again when I saw the empty cells. I sighed and ran up the stairs to get Will.

"Kami," I heard Will say from above, "It's Jack's compass."

I rushed up, finding Will getting the boats ready. "I suppose he wasn't in the brigg?" Will asked, handing me the compass.

"No. He's on the land." The compass was definately pointed straight on the island. "I'm positive."

Will nodded, and began climbing down and into the boat. As soon as we reached shallows, I jumped off the boat and ran where the compass was pointing. I ran for a while, but stopped when I saw smoke. I looked out and saw several tents, and walked up to one of them, listening to the people inside. I didn't hear Barbossa, so I continued to another. The next one, I did hear Barbossa, so I unsheathed my sword and walked in, pointing it at Barbossa. I saw Jack beaten and tied up in a corner. Jack looked surprised to see me, but Barbossa did not.

"I wondered how long it would be until you found me. I figured you'd wait longer. But, I guess you're not always right, huh, poppet."

"Release him," I said, not taking my eyes off Jack, who locked eyes with me.

"Don't do anything stupid, love," Jack said, staring at me.

"I'll take his place," I said, ignoring him.

"Like that," Jack said, rolling his eyes.

Barbossa laughed, asking,"And why would you be any better than Jack? I hope you realize we want him for the money. We'll end up paying you, most likely."

I held back the comeback for his statement, but said,"I am Kamille Turner, the most wanted pirate on the Caribbean. You can turn me in, let Jack go back."

"So he can come right back and save you? No, I'm keeping Jack, no matter how wanted you are." He smirked at me as I thought for a minute.

I had nothing, but pulled out my sword even though he couldn't be killed. He reached for his as and instinct, but fount that it was gone. I smiled at the good luck I was having, and brought the handle of the sword down on Barbossa's head, knocking him out cold. As soon as he collasped, I went to Jack and untied him, then took his hand and ran out of the the tent toward the boat. Barbossa wasn't out for long, because just as we got out of the clearing, I heard his voice. I knew they were chasing us, but I didn't know how close they were until we got to the beach and Jack fell down. I looked down and saw that he had been shot. I gasped, falling to my knees, new tears falling.

"No... Jack. Don't go. Don't let go, Jack, no..." I tried keeping Jack awake, but he shut his eyes, letting go of my hand. "No! You can't leave me," I screamed, shutting my eyes in disbelief. I felt a pair of strong arms lift me up and pull me towards the boat. I screamed again, even after I realized it was Will. "No! I can't leave him! I won't leave him, I...I love him!"

Will drug me to the boat, whispering in my ear, trying to calm me down. Once we were over the water, I stopped trying to get out of his grasp, but didn't even attempt to stop crying. We were able to get to the Pearl quick enough to avoid being shot at by the pirates on land. Gibbs threw down a rope when he saw us.

The crew pulled us both up, and when we reached the deck, Gibbs asked,"Where be Jack?"

"He fell behind," Will said, placing an arm around my shoulder.

I shrugged it off me, walking away from them. "Miss," Gibbs asked quietly,"Where to?"

"Tortuga," I said quietly, walking into Jack'scabin old cabin. Another wave of tears rained down when I sat on his bed. I curled up into a ball, only to be reminded of Jack's distinctive scent.

"I HATE YOU!" I screamed at no one inparticular. I sobbed once again, settling on the ground, still reminded of Jack. "I hate you..."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the end, unless you feel you don't like not knowing what happened, then there's the Epilouge.