The Pros, Cons, and Loves of Piracy

Part 1.

As I was shackled around my wrists, I looked desperatly out onto the open water, praying to see black sails. The only thing I saw was a small merchant ship, full of rum and supplies.
"Come on, you wench," a guard that was holding one of my arms sneered as he roughly pushed me forward. A crowd had gathered in the town square, waiting for the hanging of a pirate. As we passed, my eyes watered as I saw the line of pirates waiting for the gallows. Tears threatened to spill as I saw a small boy stand mercilessly before the gallows, shackled like myself.

He caught sight of me and cried,"Miss Berner! Miss Berner," waving his arms frantically, soon earning a slap from the patroller.

I saw the urgency in his eyes and soon kicked out of the guards grip. I ran as soon as they let go, and had a few seconds before they had an idea of what was going on. I ran to the small boy, and kneeled down to him as I got to him.

He pressed a folded paper with Jack's seal on it into my hand, saying,"Jack Sparrow said to give it to you."

I quickly stuck it in my corset bustier, looking back down at the boy. " Then it is my fault you were caught. I'm sorry."

The guards ran over as he looked down. They tried to pull me up, but I fought to stay down, saying, "God have mercy on your soul," while kissing his head.

The executer pulled the boy to the gallows as the guards pulled me away. I looked back and watched as they put a barrel under his feet. The crowd roared as the executer pulled the lever to drop the floor beneath him.

The guards thrusted me into the cell, which thankfully had no other inmates. After they left, I pulled the note out. I broke the seal and read-
Love,
Watch the East at sunset on the 2nd day.

'Thanks, Jack,' I thought. 'I'm going to be hanged by then.'
I stayed in the cell, my knees pressed to my chest and my head down, waiting to hear my fate.

{Jack's POV}
I walked the back ways through Port Royal, looking for Kamille's only hope. 'Ah ha,' I thought triumphantly as I saw the Turner's house. I jumped the fence and walked to the back door. I knock and smiled as a maid answered.

"Yes?" the maid asked, looking scared out of her mind. "If this is raid, it isn't my house, take what you want."

"Don't mind tha' I do, miss," I said, walking in and admiring a few random coats.

"Jack?"

"Ah, William. Just the man... er... eunuch I need to see!"

Will rolled his eyes and nodded at the maid who was frantically gathering her things getting ready to leave. "And why is that, Mr Sparrow?"

"You get to save me bonnie lass."

"Why would I want to do that, Jack?"

I did nothing, just handed him a folded peice of paper, an obvious painting of him and a young girl as a young boy.

"Why do you have this?"

"That your sister?"

Will looked back at the paper, saying,"Yes, I haven't seen her in almost fifteen years."

"Meet my bonnie lass, Will. People call her Kamille Berner now, means Perfect Bravery."

"So, where is she?"

"Hopefully not at the gallows. Tomorrow, we find her, release her, you go back to your family, Kamille and me go back to our ship, fair deal."

"That's it?"

"That's it."

"Let me go with you, where ever you're heading."

"Okay. You could get caught."

"It's okay, we'll be fine."

Jack nodded and spent the rest of the night drinking rum and coming up with a plan.

{Back to Kamille}
I looked up from the position I was sleeping in and frowned at the guard, who was smiling at me.

"Ello, gorgeous."

"No, thank you," I said turning away from him.

He opened the door and walked toward me. I turned as he got closer and grabbed my arms, pulling me toward him.

"Please, stop."

He laughed and said,"Aw, the pirate wants me to stop. Why would I do that, Miss Berner, it's only you and me, and now no one will here you scream," he continued as he brought his lips to my neck.

"Guard, what are you doing? Release her!" a voice said from outside the cell.

He dropped my arms as I pulled the dress back on my shoulders completely. "Bastard," I muttered as he walked past me. He turned, about to slap me, but the man stopped him.

"Terribly sorry, miss. I'm Governer Swann. I'm the man who will-"

"You're the man who will decide how I am executed."

"With much sorrow, yes. You are familer with Jack Sparrow, are you not?"

"Aye, I'm aqquainted with Jack. Why? What does he have to do with this, Governor?"

"You're more than familer if the word is correct. He and my son in law, Will Turner, they have both gotten out of a hanging."

Governer Swann stepped into the cell, as you backed up closer to the wall. "Yes, so I've heard. A miscalculation of the rope meaurment for the noose, am I correct?"

"Yes. I can have a boat arranged, and a similar miscalculation for you."

"No. How can I trust you? All you are is a stuck up, wealthy man trying to help a pirate."

"Suit yourself, then. You have until sunset to change your mind. Then you'll walk to the gallows to be hung."

His words stung, but I didn't show it. I nodded and walked back to the bench and sat down in the same position I had been in all night.

{Jack's POV}
I opened the door as the governor knocked. "So, everything good? She gonna do that thingy you said?"

"No," he said, frowning. "She wouldn't agree to it. I'm sorry, Jack."

I just stared at him, then went back to the parlor bar and poured another glass of rum. Elizabeth came in and greeted her father and looked at me.

"I'm sorry. I'm sure you'll find a way to get her. She'll be fine."

"Aye, but it's my fault, see. If I hadn't been stupid and told the crew where she was the stupid cook wouldn't have told them where she was."

"Oh, did the navy come and try and find her?"

I didn't say anything, just frowned and nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, awkward endin I realize. But I'm sorry, I don't have a good place to ever end stories. It's always is awkward.