The Pros, Cons, and Loves of Piracy

Part Four.

{Jack's POV}
I walked to the helm after Kamille went to the cabin and took over for Gibbs and kept a steady course toward Tortuga. Will walked up to the helm, looking completely confused.

"Jack, what is my sister to you?" he asked, standing in front of the wheel.

"Will, your sister and I are close, I'm sure you figured that out by now."

He walked in front of me and looked me in the eyes as he said,"Don't hurt her...ever. She's had enough hurt in her life already."

"Will, I won't hurt her, I haven't yet, have I?"

Will nodded and walked away, back to where he was working beside Elizabeth. What he said got me to think, so I called Gibbs over to once again man the helm.

{Back to Kamille's POV}
I opened my eyes after what seemed like days. I looked and saw Jack sleeping peacefully on the bed next to me.

I repositioned myself against him and tried to fall back asleep, but Jack had apparently woken up and said,"You're awake now, darling, don't go back to sleep."

I groaned and sat up with him. "How long was I asleep," I asked yawning and laying against Jack's chest.

"Almost a day and a half...I was afraid you died or something," Jack said humorously.

"That long? Are we almost to Tortuga?"

"Love, we've been in Tortuga for a little more than an hour."

I smiled and kissed him on the cheek before jumping off the bed. I soon regretted moving so quickly, since I had been sleeping for almost two days, my legs felt numb and I stumbled and fell to the floor in front of the door. Jack laughed and got up to help me but I was already halfway above deck. I got on deck and saw it empty, most of the crew were on land most likely getting drunk or buying a whore. It was just before sunset, so I went back down to change into a different pair of clothes. I picked a light brown modest looking dress, just so you know. Jack went with me and we both walked off the gangplank and into Tortuga.

While walking into Tortuga, many women were just walking out of the brothels and on to the street corners, and many men were walking out to the street corners, as well, but for a different purpose.

One man, as I walked by, grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer to the wall he was standing beside. "Hey, sweetheart, how you feeling?" the man asked, clearly drunk.

I pulled my hand away and grabbed Jack's pistol from his belt. "Can't you see I'm with someone, you drunk?" I ask, my voice and temper rising with each word.

The man looked from Jack, who stood beside me, looking amused, and then to me, muttering apologizes. I frowned and slapped the man, then linked arms with Jack to walk to Britain's house.

"I don't know why I'm always with you when ever you go anywhere, you can easily protect yourself," Jack said, making a point.

"Because, I like having you with me?" I said, more of a question than a response.

Jack just smiled and walked into the ally that Britain's house was located at. Britain was one of my best friends, who lived in Tortuga, and let the crew take over her house while The Pearl was docked here. She was as nice as the girls in Tortuga got, and she didn't have the lust that the other girls had here. I honestly wondered why she stayed here, the living conditions weren't good, and her job only gave her enough to make ends meet.

I went to the door and knocked. Britain opened the door and did a little squeal thing while she hugged me.

"Oh my goodness, Kami, where did you find that brother of yours?" she whispered, smiling widely.

I rolled my eyes and walked in, Jack following like a little puppy. "He's married, hun. But in Port Royal." I walked into the living room and saw some of the crew, including Will and Elizabeth.

Britain disappeared into the kitchen and I sat down beside Will and Elizabeth. When she returned, she asked,"So what brings you to Tortuga?"

I opened my mouth before Jack could and said,"We're just here to relax for a bit. And I haven't seen the cook so I bet we need a new one," I added, looking at Jack.

"Why would you need a new cook? That just sounds a little weird."

"Because the old one turned me in during a raid and almost got me hanged," I said, acting as if it was nothing.

Britain looked at me, then to Jack, smiling. "Wow, you'e got the perfect relationship, don't you? Saving each other from the gallows on a regular basis."

I just rolled my eyes and got up and went to the kitchen, which Britain folowed me to. "So, how's your work going?" I asked, referring to her job as a dress maker.

"It's good, it pays well and you have enough free time." Even though she was smiling, I could tell she was sad.

"But you don't have anyone to spend that free time with, do you?"

"No, it gets lonely a lot. But I do have some friends," she said, reaching in a cabinet and pulling out a few glasses and a bottle of rum. She poured a glass for herself and drank it in one gulp, smiling when she finished. "I see why pirates drink so much...it solves all your problems."

I picked up the bottle and said,"You'd think it would, wouldn't you," then taking a gulp before walking back into the living room.

It had been a few hours, and most of the people in the house had migrated to the ship or the town, so soon it was only Britain and I still inside. "Has Jack proposed,"Britain asked unexpectedly.

I shook my head sadly. "No, you know as much as I that he's not a family type...even though he's never told me, I know he loves me, and I also know he knows I know that. So he knows I love him back."

"Kami, you're spending way to much time with that man, I can't understand a word you're saying."

I smiled and said,"No, but I love him and he loves me."

She gave a knowing smile and just moved on to another subject, saying,"Well, so you're gonna be leaving in a week?"

"Aye, or when Jack says we leave. He'll probably find some helpless town to pillage and plunder and burn and all that random shit he does."

"Pillage and plunder and burn, you say that like it's the most revolting thing you've ever heard," Britain said, raising an eyebrow.

I sighed, suddenly depressed by the whole idea of conversation. "Sometimes it is. I just wish Jack wouldn't do so much crazy stuff. He'll make it impossible to ever not live on The Pearl."

"I know, but just keep a steady eye on the horizon and wait and see what happens," she said standing up as I had done before her.

I nodded and walked to the door. "Bye, Britain. I have to go, I'll see you tomorrow." She nodded and said goodbye, giving me a hug.

I walked to the dock and saw The Pearl, looking almost dead, there was no one on deck. I walked to Jack and I's cabin and saw him sleeping on the bed.

When I sat down he woke up and smiled. He moved over so he was half staddling me. "Love, we never finished what we started yesterday."

I smiled and kissed him deeply while he pulled off his shirt.
(Use your imagination, guys.)
♠ ♠ ♠
XD
Ooh, Naughty naughty.