The Pros, Cons, and Loves of Piracy

Part Six

I stood up and looked out at the dock that was slowly filling up. I had heard what Kamille had said to Elizabeth, and it broke my heart. "Cap't, Kamille's gone, I saw her leave early this morning, should I go and fetch her so we can leave?" asked James, the new cook.

I ignored him and walked into the cabin, shutting my door. I stayed there, almost at the point of tears, but remembering what Kamille had told me once while she was getting a tattoo done,"Pirates don't cry," she told me. Ha, if she could see me right now, she'd laugh and tell me that I was worse than Commodore Norrington.

A while later, Mr Gibbs knocked on the door and asked for orders. "Shall we be going on shore and getting Kamille?"

"No...leave her be. If she wanted to come back, she wouldv'e come back," I said, hiding my sadness with anger. Mr Gibbs nodded and shouted orders to the crew.

When I finally went on deck, we were far from Tortuga. I saw Will repairing a sail and then him look up at me in anger. I looked down in shame. How could a stupid little thing have so many consequences?

{Kamille's POV, 3 Months Later}
I walked in from work, exhausted. I had gotten a job with Britain at the dress shop. I had barely slept since I left the Pearl, it wasn't as fulfilling as sleeping with someone you love next to you. I had also scarcely eaten, and I had lost weight, I now was sickly looking.

"Hi, make any money?" Britain asked smiling when she saw me.

"A little. Not more than usual," I said sadly. "Britain, I need to talk to you."

"About what?" she asked, sitting down next to me.

"Jack...and me," I said slowly. Tears began falling down my face.

Britain engulfed me in a hug and whispered,"It's okay, it'll be fine. You're doing perfectly fine on your own."

"No I'm not! You don't understand, Britain."

"I would if you told me."

"Britain, I'm with child..."

Britain pulled away and looked at me. "Are you sure?"

I nodded and said,"Almost completely. And I know Jack's the father."

"Okay, we can do this together. I know we can."

I laughed, in spite of the situation. "I'm terrible...why am I crying?" I asked still laughing.

"Because this is probably pretty traumatizing for you. The only man you've slept with cheats on you and then you find out you're pregnant. And you laugh in nervous situations." She gave a smile and stood up, walking into the kitchen saying,"I'll make you some food, what do you want? You can't go without eating now that you're taking care of two."

I nodded and walked in with her. "Britain, I wanna start sailing again."

"That's nice dear, now go back and sit down...wait, what?" she said, almost dropping the pan she was carrying.

"I want to go back and sail. It's the only way I'll be halfway happy, and you know it."

"Where would you find a ship, and when will you have the time?" she asked looking me in the eye with a serious look on her face.

"I could commandeer one from somewhere, after I pick up a crew. And I can handle being with child on sea. Come on...I'm Captain Kamille Berner, savvy?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I honestly have nothing to say.