Status: Active (:

I Won't Give Up On You

Chapter Three.

There was no movement in the house for two days and Tom had thought they’d left him. Run away and left him there to die.
He was sure his wrist was broken and his eyes were swollen as he couldn’t see much, his legs were bent in an odd way from when he’d been thrown into the cupboard and his wrist prevented him from being able to move. As if there was any room to move in the first place.

Then he heard movement. Someone was in the house but the footsteps seem much too graceful to be his father or his mother even.

He heard a car in the drive and he tried his hardest to listen to what was happening. The person in the house stayed silent, he couldn’t heard anything except for the short giggle from his mother’s drunken mouth as she and his father walked in the front door.

The house was lit up by the living room light and he heard his mother scream, almost instantly there was a quiet gunshot as if there was a silencer. He knew it had to be once he heard the tell tale ‘thump’ of a body dropping to the ground.

“Who are you?” he heard his father ask and for once his voice sounded scared, as scared as he’d made Tom feel over the last sixteen years
“I work for the person you fucked over, I’m just doing some cleaning... taking out the trash” he heard a voice, sounding as smooth as velvet.

“You... we can't work this out? I-I can get the mon-” his father was cut off as another shot rang through his ears. And Tom whimpered.

The gunman paused and Tom clapped his hand over his mouth but he’d forgotten all about his wrist and groaned as he felt it crunch.

The cupboard door was unlocked and swung open fast, Tom tumbled out and landed with his wrist under his chest. He let out a cry of pain and tears began to fall from his eyes again.

He stared straight forward to where the bodies of his parents lay, wide eyed but without life.

“Who the fuck are you?” the velvet voice sounded and Tom whimpered again
“I'm sorry... I didn't mean to watch you... I was locked i-in the cupboard a-and I didn't know y-you were coming here” Tom tried to explain but it didn't even make sense to him.

“Are you related to them?” the man asked and Tom managed a nod
“They’re my parents” he whispered and the man growled, pulling Tom to his feet but from the way Tom was positioned in the cramped space for so long, his legs gave out and he collapsed to the floor.

“I-I’m sorry” Tom sobbed as the man lifted his tiny frame and carried him to the couch.
“Who did this to you?” The man asked as he sat on the coffee table across from Tom.
“M-my dad... he w-was mad a-and he hit me ‘cause he w-was fight... fighting with m-my mum” Tom stumbled over his words, afraid to look at the man so he stared at his mangled wrist.

“Fuck kid... I didn't know they had a son... Jesus Christ, I didn't sign up to kill a child” the man said and Tom’s eyes widened, he snapped his head up and the man gasped at the sight of his face, he didn't know he was that bad.

“I don't wanna d-die!” Tom pleaded and the man shook his head
“I’m not gonna kill you... but for your own safety... I'm going to have to take you with me, you have friends at school?” the man asked
“Only one” Tom mumbled.

“You have to make him believe you’re dead” the man deadpanned and Tom’s eyes widened again, unbeknownst to him, the man couldn’t resist the adorable innocence Tom had.
“H-how?” Tom asked meekly
“Your parents... we’ll put them in the car and blow it up to look like a fatal car accident. Fuck why did they have to have a kid?” he said the last bit to himself mostly.

So that's what they did. Tom helped the man carry his parents’ dead bodies to the family car and an outfit Tom wouldn’t miss to there was ‘evidence of the boy being in the car with them.

After the car was driven to a quiet road on the outskirts of the town and blown up, Tom and the stranger made their way back to the house to get some of Tom’s things.

“They fucked you up pretty bad kid... does it happen often?” The stranger asked Tom as he looked at Tom’s broken wrist
“Only when dad was really mad... he’d take it out on me and I didn't care... so long as he didn't hit mum” Tom said quietly as they made their way down the street to where this stranger’s car was discreetly parked.

“What are you... what are you gonna do with me?” Tom found the courage to ask as they drove down a highway Tom didn't recognise
“Firstly? I'm going to fix up that snapped wrist of yours...we’ll go from there” the stranger said and Tom nodded, shrinking into the leather car seat again.

“What’s your name kid?” the stranger asked
“T-Thomas... but call me Tom” Tom replied
“What's your name?” He added as an afterthought.

“I can't tell you that right now... not until I figure out what to do with you” the man said and Tom nodded.

They pulled off the highway and Tom was confused by all the winding roads, suddenly they pulled off the road and into a driveway.

“This is your house?” Tom asked in awe. The house was gigantic
“This is home, yes” the man sighed and jumped out of the car once he parked in the drive.
Tom followed and grabbed his bag before following the man to the front door.
♠ ♠ ♠
A nice little 988 word chapter.

I'd appreciate feedback and I dislike silent readers.
Comments are love
♥ Scream;;