Status: Active (:

I Won't Give Up On You

Chapter Five.

It was morning.

Tom knew that much from the light streaming into the window and straight into his eyes. He groaned as he pushing himself off the bed with his good hand, but only having one hand had its disadvantages; such as tumbling off of the bed and to the floor because of his lack of balance.

“Ow...” he said quietly before sitting up and trying once again to stand on two feet. When he managed that he dashed to the bathroom connected to the bedroom he was currently residing in.

After relieving himself and washing up a little but, Tom decided to go and see it his stranger was awake yet.

To Tom’s surprise; he wasn’t.

That brought on Tom’s desire to explore the massive house he stayed in last night, he’d only see the living room and his room, he was sure there was so much more to this place and he was excited to discover it so that's what took up his morning.

Tip toeing around the house and capturing it in his memory.

He’d run upstairs to grab his camera before running back down and slipping out the front door. There was an old oak he’d missed on their drive in that he needed to take a picture of.

He sat a fair distance from the tree to be able to capture the entire thing and he made it perfect, just like the rest of this house, though he felt his picture did the tree no justice.
He sat like that for an hour before he was yanked up to his feet roughly by the stranger, his pictures tumbling from his lap and blowing slightly with the wind.

“My pictures!” Tom had yelled and pulled free from his stranger’s grasp to collect them before they blew away, he was tackled as he picked up the last one.

“What are you doing?!” Tom shrieked
“You aren’t going anywhere” the stranger growled and Tom shrunk back
“I wasn’t intending to... I just w-wanted some pictures of the tree” Tom said timidly and the stranger shook his head.

“You can't go outside the house, not when the chance of you running is still high” The man said and Tom looked at him in confusion
“Why would I want to run? You saved my life remember” Tom felt the need to make a point so he hugged the stranger, resting his head against the taller man’s chest.

The older man, who was so used to his everyday life of zero compassion and murder, froze up in the hug.
When Tom pulled back he noticed the look of utter shock on his stranger’s face.

“Sorry” he said embarrassed.

The older man said nothing, opting to pull Tom inside instead of standing there like an idiot.
“Breakfast?” Tom’s stranger said as they walked into the kitchen and Tom nodded, his face still flushed from his mild outburst of affection prior.

After breakfast Tom’s captor got a call, a call that involved a lot of yelling and accusations.

“I'm going out” the older man said gruffly and Tom looked at him with wide curious eyes
“To kill someone?” he asked and if it were anyone else asking it, it would have sounded nasty or cynical but coming from Tom, it sounded purely curious with a touch of innocence.

“That's confidential” was all the man had replied with
“So yes?” Tom had persisted and the man sighed
“Yes Tom, I’m going to kill someone, happy now?” he had said with a tinge of annoyance in his voice.

“To know the truth, yes, but now that I know it? No.” Tom said sadly and the man looked sympathetic for a moment before his face turned to stone and he left the house after completely locking it from the outside.

Tom decided he didn't want to see anymore of the house so he retreated to his room.
But on his way there it was impossible not to pass his stranger’s bedroom door. It was open.

An invitation.

That’s what Tom had considered it so he let himself in.
A name... his name.

Tom snooped, and he knew he was prying and if he got caught he’d be hacked to pieces but his curiosity got the better of him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about my lack of updates, I suck, I know.

Comments are love ♥