Status: Active (:

I Won't Give Up On You

Chapter Seven.

“I help Oli kill people”

As soon as those words had time to register in Tom’s mind, he’d passed out.
“You didn't tell me you had a hostage! Better yet, a hostage that just so happens to be my best mate!” Lee exclaimed as he rushed over to Tom’s limp body.

“He isn’t a hostage and honestly what were the chances of you knowing the kid, he was at the scene and I didn't know what to do with him.” Oliver said in a rushed voice as he gently picked Tom’s small body up off of the ground and brought him over to the couch.

“He was the Garetsons’ kid?” Lee asked curiously
“YOU KNEW THERE WAS A KID ON THE SCENE?!” Oliver screamed at Lee and Lee looked at him as if he had two heads.
“They had explained that to me perfectly and even told me you were comfortable with taking the kid out... my question is, why didn't you?” Lee said calmly and Oliver stared at him, shocked.

“I was told nothing about a kid being involved in the hit. And when I saw him and what kind of shape he was in I couldn’t do it and I certainly couldn’t leave him there.” Oliver explained

“How bad was he when you got there?” Lee asked and Oli sighed, sitting down next to Tom’s unconscious body.
“His father had broken his arm, his left eye was completely swollen over and his right eye was black, his arms were covered in bruises and he had a massive gash on his elbow, I'm guessing from when his father shoved him into the closet. The kid couldn’t even stand for longer than ten seconds Lee.” Oliver spoke quietly so he wouldn’t disturb Tom.

Suddenly, Lee stood, making his way over to Tom’s body and lifting the unconscious boy’s shirt revealing black and blue skin, Oliver winced at the sight.
“He always looked like he was in pain at school but he never told me why. He’d always brush me off.” Lee said sadly.

Tom’s breathing became laboured before he started writhing in his sleep and mumbling words of fear
“No! Please stop! I didn't mean to make you angry. Stop! Please stop!” his cries became louder and tears were pouring from his unopened eyes. That was when Lee had decided to wake him.
“Tommy, come on Tom wake up mate” Lee said gently and Tom soon calmed before opening his eyes.
“Lee?” he questioned and Lee smiled, nodding at his younger friend. Tom jumped into Lee’s arms and held on for dear life.
“I was so scared, I thought he’d killed you and he made me watch and then he’d come after me and I was running for so long” Tom rushed out, crying again.
“You thought who had killed me?”
“My dad, he’d gone mental and he beat me and then he killed my mum and then he got you and then... and then he came for me” Tom choked out while Lee rubbed his back soothingly
“It's okay Tommy, I'm still here and Oli is here now too. Your dad can't hurt you anymore, I promise” Lee spoke the comforting words as Oliver looked on curiously.

Here was an eighteen year old boy comforting a crying sixteen year old boy who didn't look much older than fourteen.
It was a strange sight to see indeed.

Eventually Tom had calmed down again and was able to let go of Lee and sit on his own, his tears had left tracks down his puffy red cheeks but the boys ignored it, not wanting to embarrass Tom.
“So you kill people too?” Tom asked, breaking the calm silence that had fallen over the three boys
“I do, I am a hired hit man, just like Oli here” Lee said nodding.
It took Tom a second to think it over before he nodded, trying to move on from the huge secret his best friend had just told him. Lee and Oliver had been around this for a while, they didn't need to adjust to any new news here and Tom had a feeling that Oliver may just get annoyed if he freaked out again.

“Why didn't you tell me?” was Tom’s next question
“It's not something that just comes up in normal conversation Tommy. I didn't know how to tell you or if I even wanted to because I didn't want you to think any less of me.” Lee explained and once again, Tom though about Lee’s answer and nodded, accepting the answer.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M ALIVE!

I only just completed this chapter so expect very slow updates from now on.

Comment and let me know what you think. Should I still Keep it or Kill it?