Be There in Twenty

Meet-N-Greet

KRISTEN P.O.V.

I woke up with a smile on my face. Which was quickly wiped off.

Standing at the foot of my bed was my dad,John Stewart. He was looking as classically handsome and serious as always,clad in a black and gold pinstripe Amarni suit. Right now he was looking more pissed and with a stick up his ass than usual. “Dammit Kristen! You can't keep doing shit like this.” My dad shouted,then threw some paper at me.

John Stewart was one of the best producers in the business. He's the one that saves my ass from having the paparazzi on me from being in the glossy pages of a magazine 24/7. I mean sure,a few of my escapades has gotten leaked but I cringe at the thought of what the public would think of me if one of my many fuck ups were known.

The main one:My sexuality. That's right world! Your beloved Kstew is a ranging dyke and damn proud of it. Unfortunately my manager and various other officials doesn't think so. I'm honestly surprised that people don't already know. I mean,to me it seems pretty damn obvious though I'm sure that any self-respecting lesbian out there could spot me years ago. But I don't sweat it,the people will think what they want to think and the Twilight stalkers want me and Rob so they see me and Rob. I honestly think me wearing a neon sign that says 'I'm Gay!' wouldn't change these idiotic people minds.

I looked at the paper. The background was mostly black with flashing lights that were blocked by a lot of packed together people. I could barely make out me with my head flat out smooshed in some chicks tits. The girl in question was about 15 to 16 with a bra on. It might as well be because I swear I saw some nipple action. No wonder dad was pissed.

“Don't worry.”John sneered down at me from where he stood. I guess he didn't get that I clearly didn't give a shit.”I got the pictures and you won't be seeing from that particular 'pap again.”John has some really shady connections. Before he was a big shot producer he was a regular old Gatsby. I feel sad that perv.

“If you haven't noticed John,” I sneered back at him.”That I wasn't particularly worried. In fact,if the public was to know it would be more than okay with me. I also know that your only covering it up because you don't want to mess up your precious family name so spare me the problem of a blown ear and just get the fuck out.” I told him,shutting down his fucked up 'right and wrong' speech.

He scowled up at me since I was now standing and was consequently taller than him. His face was so red and his Hulk vein as I liked to call the one that prominently stood out from his neck whenever he was pissed looked just about ready to explode.”You filthy dyke.” He muttered then stalked off with his back ramrod straight. More proof of the stickectamy he needed.

I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower and brushed my teeth. The humidity in the bathroom made my hair poof up everywhere and I didn't feel the need to straighten it so I just ran the comb through it a few times.

I then stumbled over old pizza boxes and dirty clothes too get to my very poor excuse for a wardrobe. While most famous people dress for the press, I dress for comfort so I donned my grey and black short-sleeved fitted plaid shirt and some old faded dark blue jeans. I finished off my little ensemble with the ever reliable black Chuck Taylor's.

I walked into the living room looking for something to eat when I heard my manager on voice mail.
“Good news Kristen. You got the part in the Runaways. You are officially playing Joan fucking Jett!!.
Call me later for details. Goodbye!”

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Once I got over my shock and celebrated with a couple of Cosmos (which is like water to me) I went and looked through my refrigerator which was you guessed it, empty. I was really hungry so I high-tailed it out of there and drove to my favorite diner.

It's a little place called Rosie's Playground. It's a little building tucked away into a corner of a neighborhood that most people would never think to look for rich people in. I love it. The interior is very retro 60's like with its red and chrome theme. The booths are pushed up against the windows and has stools in front of the main counter. The outside is made from red bricks which gives it a nice cozy,homey feel to it.

I walked in and went to the counter and sat down. The owner, Rosemarie Redfield walked out from the back when she heard the bell ring. Rosemarie is in her 40's but still is moving and kicking it while retaining her beauty. She's an African-American but prefers the term black because she says that she is not from Africa. She was born in New York but migrated to LA once she was out of high school. She often tells me stories of her youth and we talks about the philosophy of the mind. Even if we're nowhere in the same age group she's one of my closest friends.

“Hey Krissy. I take it you want the usual?” She inquired with and arched eye.

“You know it.” I said with a little grin of my own. I told you I come here often. Almost every other day so I'm well known around here. I suddenly heard my text ringer Pressure-Paramore start going off on loud. I looked at the caller ID and it said unknown but I felt like I should pick this one up. Besides, I really wanted to see who had my number.

Hey Kristen! I heard that you got the part!! Were going to have so much fun together! I can't wait for the meet-n-greet with the cast. See you at 2:00! -Dakota F.

I nearly spit out the peach pie that Rose had set in front of me. I don't remember anything about a meeting,and holy shit! It's 1:00 already! I quickly gobbled up the rest of my pie and threw some money on the table and ran out.”Where's the fire!” I heard Rose call but I just ignored her.

First impressions are everything and I wasn't about to mess up this job. I was going to meet the real Joan Jett and most likely have to has an actual conversation with her. This is going to be awesome. I also couldn't wait to see Dakota again.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

I speeded through downtown LA but you know it's still traffic to worry about. I got to the place 30 minutes late and embarrassingly burst through the doors. Everyone looked up to see what was going on.
I think I just died of embarrassment. I guess you made quite the entrance.
(I was going to end it there but I promised that I would try to make longer chapters. Still nothing epic but I'm slowly but surely going higher I think)

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

After I had made my surprise appearance I joined the others in mingling with one another. It felt all too real and dream-like at the same time. To me it was just a waste of time besides getting to talk to Dakota today. I noticed a lot of things about her that I didn't last time. Her hair is actually 2 different shades of blonde and if you look close you can see a faint tip of a widows peak. She was wearing some blue skinny jeans with a pink dress shirt on. She looked extra beautiful. I really spent the majority of my time talking to her and picked out a lot of her mannerisms. Like when she's nervous she would brush her bangs to where they were covering her right eye and when shes bored she kind of licks her lips while rolling her eyes. I found when she did that it was extremely hot and made her lips shine more than lip gloss ever could. I caught myself wondering what it would be like for it to be my tongue wetting her lips and making them glisten.

The director,Floria Sigismondi kept me and Dakota back along with Joan and Cherie. Floria was attractive woman with high cheek bones but not really my type. Cherie Currie was here to help with Dakota and apparently Joan was here to help with me.

“I would like for you and Dakota to spend the rest of the day with Joan and Cherie. Just for you all to have some one-on-one bonding time. Yall are going to be spending a lot of time together so might as well be friends.” Floria told us. That meant that I was going to have to spend the rest of the day with Joan. I really hope I don't die of embarrassment.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

.
♠ ♠ ♠
I tried really hard to make this chapter longer then the first one. I think I did good enough for now. I would really love it if anyone who reads this reviews. Also did you think its improved from the last chapter? -miluvrox

P.S.-Any ideas for Kristen's day with Joan? Going to the fair now