Status: Finished.

I'll Be Your Safe Ride Home, When You Call Me

001

It was midday on a Tuesday, in August. I had just gotten the mail as I pulled into the driveway. I had a letter from ABC with my name on it. I took in a sharp breath.

“MOM!” I screamed as I went running into the house.

“Tally? What’s wrong?!” She said as she came running down the stairs.

“The letter from ABC is here. Open it, I can’t.”

She laughed at me, and pulled the letter from my hands.

“Congratulations Tallulah Williams, you are one of our professional dancers on the new season of Dancing with the Stars! You will be needed in Los Angles on September 1st. The details are listed below.”

“I’m so proud of you Tally. This is going to be an amazing experience for you!” Mom exclaimed.

“I’m nervous though,” I replied.

She hugged me tight, “Your daddy would be so proud of you too, baby girl.”

I smiled, and looked up toward Heaven, where I knew my daddy was looking down on me, smiling. He died when I was 16 in a motorcycle accident. I really missed him.

“So, who do you think they will pair you with?” Mom asked.

I shrugged, “I don’t know. I hope it’s someone attractive.”

“Now now, don’t be making Jake jealous.”

I rolled my eyes, “Why would it matter? He’s my best friend.”

“Are you kidding me, hun? He looks at you like he wants to just ravish you.”

I stopped what I was doing and looked over at my mom, “Did you really just put ravish, Jake, and me, your daughter, in the same sentence?”

“Yes, yes, I did. Why is it bad that I want my daughter to get laid sometime in this century?”

“MOM!”

She put her hands up in defense, “Sorry.”

Yes, I’m 22 years old and still a virgin. I see nothing wrong with that at all. I can’t help it that all the boys I date aren’t worthy to have all of me. They are either jerks or they can’t accept that dancing is a big part of my life, and that I do dance with other guys.

“I’m going to call Kami, and the boys.”

“Alright hunny.”

I still live with my mom. She’s my best friend and I love living here with her, and of course I love New York. Born and semi-raised, baby.

I sighed as I got Kami’s voice mail.

“Hey bitch. You better call me back soon. I’ve got news so quit screwing around with Andrew and call me back, damn it!” I hit the end button on my phone and then called Jake. Well, I tried to call him but he ignored my phone call.

“Well, fine, I didn’t want to talk to you either."

Two hours later, and I finally had a conversation with everyone. We were going to celebrate tonight, which would consist of movies and junk food. I know, I’m a dancer, no junk food. Well, this is a time where I do indulge a little bit. I mean, hello, I just got the chance of a lifetime.

Meanwhile…..

Alex paced the room at the studio, seething at what the other guys did. He couldn’t believe they got him on DANCING WITH THE STARS!

I’m Alex Gaskarth, lead singer of All Time Low, and ladies’ man, I do not dance!

“Oh, c’mon, Alex, it’s not that bad,” Jack stated as he tried to calm his band mate and best friend down.

“NOT THAT BAD?!” He yelled.

“Alex, calm the fuck down!” Rian exclaimed.

“Ugh! I can’t believe you guys went behind my back and did this? I mean seriously, what does Matt think about this?” Alex asked rolling his eyes.

“He helped us actually. We’re all worried about you. Ever since Lisa….you’re a mess, I mean nothing personal bro, but we’re really concerned not just because you’re our lead singer, but our best friend,” Jack stated, trying to reason with Alex.

“Ugh, whatever.”
“Look, you’re doing this whether we have to drag you or not. We have to be there on September 1st. So just get over it already!” Zack exclaimed finally putting his two cents into it.

“What the fuck ever. Whoever my dance partner is, they are going to get hell, and they can blame it on you,” Alex glared at the three boys that he actually considered his friends.

“Well, we don’t know who she is, but hopefully she’ll be just as bitchy as you, so you’ll know how it feels,” Jack laughed.

FML! Alex thought as he put his head in his hands.

This is going to be a wild ride.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be nice.
Let me know if you dislike it or like it...what I could do to improve.
I'm trying to do some research so I can try to have it be like the show, but it's hard to find some things. And it is fiction, right?
:]