Status: Finished.

I'll Be Your Safe Ride Home, When You Call Me

013

I had called Alex, but he didn’t answer. He always answers my phone calls, so I have no idea what’s going, but I called Jack and he answered. I told him I was coming to Maryland for a visit, and I needed Alex’s address. He gave it to me with no problem, and told me to be careful on my drive.

It took about a little over four hours with traffic and toll roads. I didn’t get lost, so thank goodness I have a sense of direction. I got that from my dad and my mom is terrible with directions.

I finally got to my destination, and noticed Alex’s black Ranger Rover. He showed me a picture of a dent that Jack had put in it when he back into a pole, and that’s the only reason I knew it was his car. There was also a Beetle sitting in the driveway. I sighed as I sat there for a second. I was nervous. I mean, would he think I was crazy for just showing up here? I raised an eyebrow as I fixed my hair in the mirror and then got out of the car. I made my way to his front door and knocked.

I hear two voices and some dogs barking, before the door was opened to reveal Alex.

“Sunshine, what are you doing here?” he asked, clearly surprised to see me.

“I tried calling, and got no answer. I didn’t really know where else to go…..I had to get away for awhile.”

“Well, come in.”

His house was really nice. I walked into the living room, and noticed a girl sitting on the couch.

“Oh, um, I can just go…” I said, noticing she was glaring.

Alex chuckled, “No, stay. Tally, this is Lisa. Lisa, this is Tally….she’s the girl I danced with on that show.”

My heart literally plummeted down to my stomach. He’s back with her? Didn’t that bitch cheat on him?

“Hi,” she said, giving me a forced smile.

“Hey.”

“Why don’t you give us a few minutes, Lisa? I’ll be up soon.”

Lisa just nodded, and walked up the stairs.

“So, what is really going on? I can tell you’re upset.”

We sat down on the couch.

“Jake cheated with my friend Kami….and…um,”

“Um what?”

I leaned in close to Alex, “Promise you won’t tell anyone?”

He nodded and pinky promised with me.

“He gave me Chlamydia, and I’m taking medication for it,” I whispered.

“That bastard, seriously, is he stupid?”

“He didn’t know, which is the funny part, so when I actually caught them together, I told him. They both just stood there and looked at me.”

“Wow, um, well, you’re welcome to stay in the guest room. You’re one of my best friends, and there’s no way I’m just going to kick you out.”

I smiled, “Thanks Squishy. I really really appreciate it more than you know.”

“I know, and you’re welcome.”

Alex and helped me get my bags out of the car, and we lugged them into the guest room. I had a bathroom connected to it, so after Alex left, I took a shower. When I got out, I had a text from Jack. I also heard Alex and Lisa yelling at each other from down the hall.

Did you get to Alex’s house okay?

Yep, what’s up?

Nothing….just bummed that Holly and I broke up.

Aw, I’m sorry. Ask Alex if you can come chill here. He’s fighting w/ lisa anyway.

Okay, ten minutes and I’ll be there.

Ten minutes later, and Jack was running through the house. I opened my door, and Alex paid no mind to him at all because he was still arguing with Lisa.

Jack walked into the room, and let the door shut.

“How long have they been going at it?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Ugh, for awhile now. I shouldn’t have shown up here.”

“No, that’s fine. You’re good friend, and you let us stay with you. It won’t hurt for you to stay here. Now, tell me why you ran away from your problems.”

I sighed, and made him make the same promise Alex did, and then I dove into the whole story.

“What kind of fuckery is this? I can’t believe that jerk.”

I just shrugged, and let some tears fall. I didn’t mean to let them, and Jack saw me.

“Come here.”

He wrapped his arms around me, and held me until I fell asleep.