Status: Finished.

I'll Be Your Safe Ride Home, When You Call Me

004

The next couple of days of practice were awkward between Alex and I, and I couldn’t understand why. He was being so stiff when I was trying to teach him moves to the jive. He wasn’t showing any emotion at all, and it was irritating the shit out of me.

“Ugh!” I huffed as I pushed Alex away from me.

“What the hell, Tally?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Alex, you have been acting funny since the other night. What is up?”

He shrugged, “Nothing.”

“Whatever, you just need to get your act together so we can learn this dance, and actually have a chance of staying.”

“I do have my act together. Maybe it’s you who needs to get your fucking head out of the clouds with this new boyfriend.”

“What the fuck? So this is about Jake, isn’t it? Just shut up and dance Gaskarth!” I gave him my evil look and he rolled his eyes.

We ended up practicing a bit longer, but then we had to head back to the hotel to get ready for press. Ugh, I hate press.

I got a shower, pulled on a spaghetti-strapped dressy shirt, some skinny jeans, my heels and then let Maggie, my hair stylist do all her junk.

I walked out of my room, and was followed by Alex all the way down to the lobby where the other contestants were waiting.

I talked idly to Bristol, while I blatantly ignored Alex. It was fun watching him squirm.

“Let’s go people.” We followed the manager dude into some conference room. It’s something new the show is doing, which I’m guessing we’re about to get asked some pretty personal things.

It went around the room until it landed on me.

“So, Tallulah Williams, are you single and if not, how long have you been with this person?” the interviewer asked.

Jake and I had decided to just be open with the public. Once I’m done with the show, it’s not going to matter anyway.

“No, I’m not, and it’s only been a couple of days. He’s been my best friend for six years though, so it was bound to happen eventually,” I replied smiling.

“And his name?”

I giggled, “Jake.”

I saw Alex roll his eyes at me. He’s being such a jackass.

She asked Alex the same question, and the only answer she got was a yes. I know he’s messed up on that Lisa girl, but he doesn’t have to be an asshole.

Hours later, and I was back in my hotel room, just sitting there bored even though I should be tired, I wasn’t. I grabbed my dance clothes, changed, and went down stairs to find the gym/dance room. I plugged in my I-pod, and found the song I wanted to dance to at the moment, which was Hot by Play.

I had made up dance moves to this song a long time ago, and it was a great work out song.

“Damn!” I heard someone exclaim. I turned around and all four boys of All Time Low were standing in the door way.

I rolled my eyes, “How long have you guys been standing there?”

“Since the beginning,” Jack replied, winking, and laughed.

“You’re really good at dancing in general,” Rian said.

“Thanks.”

“Well, you guys have some shit to talk out, so we’re going,” Zack said nodding to Rian and Jack to follow him. He pushed Alex inside, and shut the door.

I sighed as I grabbed my I-pod and water bottle before making my way toward the door.

“Tally, wait,” Alex called.

I rolled my eyes, “What?”

He cleared his throat, “I really wanted to apologize for the way I’ve been acting….I’m really not that big of an asshole. I just have a lot of issues that I haven’t dealt with in awhile and it all comes out on you.”

I was quiet for a minute, “I guess I could accept your apology.”

Alex smiled, “Good. Now let’s get you back to your room. We have a long day ahead of us.”
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/safe_ride_chapter/set?id=25230415