Night Songs

Diner Part 1

I was awakened by a door slam.
I quickly scurry to the floor from the bed to find something to cover myself. I layer in an old plaid Levi shirt and some athletic shorts. I quietly tip-toe to the door and slowly open it to see what was going on…
“Shhh...” A sudden thud against the coffee table aroused laughter from the two unwelcomed visitors.
“Shut up!” A strained whisper shouted through the dark.
Deep chuckling came from the other one. “Babe, where’s the bedroom?”
“You’re standing in it, now shut up!”
I think I know what’s going on here…almost positive…
I turn on the light to discover Jenny and a scruffy looking man, about my age, clothed in a ridiculous amount of leather and chains.
“Nice of you to come home, but I had the odd idea that you were sleeping over at Rebecca’s tonight?”
I crossed my arms and leaned against the door frame.
“Well, I thought you were out at a party or somethin’!” She responded.
“Oh, so that gives you the idea that it’s okay to take a guy in our home and let him do whatever he pleases with you?” I look over to the guy, and set my gaze to ‘kill.’
“Get out.” Simple, and gets straight to the point.
He steps closer, “whoa, babe, she’s a big girl. She can do what she wants.”
“She’s 17…”
I felt like Medusa, because he turned into stone.
He looks over to Jen, “I’m outta here.”
“Dave! C’mon!” She ran after him.
“Jen, stay here!” I sprinted to my shoes and jacket and went out the door after her.
On the way down the stairs I twisted my ankle on the 11th step. “Jesus Christ!” My ankle was pulsating, but I got up and limped over to the door. Jen and the guy were nowhere in sight. I dragged my foot down a couple blocks, still no sign of them. I limped back to my building and sat outside on the stoop to check the status of my ankle. It was turning purple. I winced in pain as I tried to move it.
“Shit… the hell am I going to do now?” I hid my face in my hands, trying not to burst into tears. “Why does she do this shit? She knows I worry about her. No, she has to bring a shady fuck-head of a guy into my home and have the intention of screwing him on my couch.” I shake my head, “I don’t know why she does this…” I begin to cry. Droplets of tears stained the sidewalk, as the sun was rising above the towering buildings. I lifted my head out of my hands and sniffed.
A glass bottle shattered onto the pavement. I quickly darted my attention to the left of me. I discovered a tall man, dragging his body while stumbling on the cracks on the sidewalk. He came closer and closer, and it took me awhile to actually uncover who it was.
“Eric?” I looked up into his mess of shaggy blonde mane.
“Faye!” He moved his hair away from his face and gave me a goofy smirk.
“What the hell are you doing here? Have you been drinking?” I shot up from where I was sitting.
“Pssshh…n-no. I only had a few drinks with some buddies…” He tripped and fell towards me. I luckily grabbed his back and saved his fall. I lowered him onto my stoop.
“Where are they? Why aren’t they keeping an eye on you?” I grabbed his shoulders trying to get his attention.
“I-I don’t know, they went to-“He looked at me and stopped talking.
“Where did they go, Eric?”
“Faye, y’know, you have the prettiest eyes…” He gawked right into them.
“Why are you here?” I tried to get his attention.
“I came here because-“He turned around and puked off of the railing. I sat there for about 15 minutes trying to pull his hair away from his face. Then he stopped and fell back onto the steps, gasping.
“Feeling better?” I asked.
“I will be…” He wiped his mouth off with his sleeve.
He placed his head onto my lap. I was put off from his sudden action.
“You’re warm, Faye…so warm…” He faintly said.
“Hey, Eric…Eric?” I tried to shake him.
He heavily breathed from my lap, sleeping.
“Jesus…” I sighed.
I moved his strands of hair away from his face. He looked so out of it. It seemed like he needed a good rest, days ago. The only thing was, why the hell did it have to be right outside of my apartment?!
He just snoozed right on my lap. A half hour passed before I actually pushed him off.
“Eric, wake up!” I patted his face a couple times. “Eric!”
He finally came to on my third slap.
“Where the fuck-“He looked up at me and quickly lifted up. He slowly looked over his shoulder, “Faye?”
“Yeah, mind explaining what happened?”
“Uhhh…,” he scratched his head. “I don’t know exactly. I was having a few drinks with some buds…then I woke up here.”
“It really hasn’t been that long for you to forget where you are…unless you really had a lot to drink…”
He looked at me like a kicked puppy.
“Eric, that’s so dangerous! You can get poisoning from that! Why the sudden binge?!” I got up.
“Yeah, well, hell, you’re not my mother, and sure as hell not my wife! So don’t worry about it!” He got up as well.
“Don’t worry about it?! You’re at my stoop!”
“You’re stoop? Since when was this your stoop?” He motioned over to it.
“Since I moved here!”
“Oh? Well, last time I checked, this was a free country.” He strode right up and down the steps with a grin.
“Alright, smart ass. Knock it off…”
“What? I can’t hear you. I’m having fun going up and down this here stoop.”
I crossed my arms, and I couldn’t help but to laugh.
“C’mon, don’t you have somewhere to be?”
He stops moving on the second step. “Now that you mention it…no, I got nowhere to be.”
“Can you find somewhere to be then?” I hiss.
“Oh? Since you say it that way, why not I just stay with you this morning?”
“You’re high.”
“Not since last night.”
“Please go away Eric; I got a lot of shit on my hands right now.”
“Why not talk about it with me?”
“Okay, now I’m sure you can think of something better to do, than listen to me bitch and moan.”
“It’s like music to my ears, Faye.”
“Bull.”
He comes off the steps and walks closer. “Why don’t we get something to eat?”
“I don’t think that’s a good idea-“
“Faaaye, c’mon. There’s that dinner around the corner we can check out.”
“Again, I got stuff to do.”
“Faaaye…” He puts his hands on my shoulders and pushes me side to side.
“Knock it off! How old are you?!” I shout.
He suddenly, literally sweeps me off of my feet.
“Are you fucking serious?! This isn’t a Disney movie, asshole! Put me down!” I wiggle, trying to pry away from his hold on me.
“Jesus, you’re fucking heavy…” He grunts.
“Fucking asshole.” I mutter.
“Yes?” He smirks.
“….a root beer float.” I growl.
“Good choice.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Long awaited chapter. I promised Hellena and imcominghome this. I'm sorry it's so short compared to my other posted chapters. I've been going back to school and driving back and forth. I'm just really busy with my work. Anyways, here's part 1 out of 2. Again, I'm sorry for the absence. I know I said I would get this done earlier, but finally I did eventually. I hope you enjoy. I was kind of in a rush, but the story continues. ;)