Status: Completed hopefully with a sequel coming... Maybe

Blood Thirsty Times

The second sacrifice

The next night, when I had to convince the Priest a little bit more that I was really the King's son, and that I had be bashed and robbed passing through towns, losing my horse and coins. He found another boy, perhaps of 9 winters. I felt terribly guilty that a small child had to die, especially in that manner, it was a scary ritual.
“ Now we must sacrifice this young boy, in the correct manner. As he is younger than our previous sacrifice, we must do more to make him worthy of our Lord”. I hate the Priest, he is a violent, heartless man, but I wasn't going to put myself back into that position.
“ We will mark the cross upon his legs!”
After those scary words, the Priest took out his dagger and slashed a sloppy, bloody cross down both the boy's legs.
The child was in so much pain that he screamed and brought up the contents of his stomach upon himself.
He was a cute looking child, with short, curly brown hair and mesmerising sky-blue eyes. They could of chosen an uglier child to die in his place.
“We will now cut his chest” Was the booming voice of the Priest.
He pulled out his dagger again lightly touched it upon the boys ribcage. He then pushed it in and dragged the brutal weapon down the young boys ribcage. His blood poured out upon himself.
The Priest is a blood thirsty man. He touched one finger to the boys blood and tasted it. “ The child has produced sweet blood! We shall eat well tonight!”
At that moment, I realized that this was a village on cannibals! They were going to eat this child!
“ We will now bless the child with oils”
The Priest poured, blessed oils upon the child. He wailed out in agony. It was so high pitched that some covered their ears.