Status: Completed hopefully with a sequel coming... Maybe

Blood Thirsty Times

The Truth

“Sadon, are you really the King's son?” Terrowin, was the first of us to break the silence.
“Ugh, no, I'm not.” I replied, embarrassed that, that is how his brother died, through my lie.
“Oh, who was your father?”
“I..... I don't know, I never met him.”
“Oh.”
“Mmhm, yeah.”
“ I knew my father well, he was killed a while ago though.” They were the sad words from Terrowin.
“Why? What happened?”
“He was stabbed to death.”
“Ugh, that's horrible Terrowin. I'm sorry that you endured that!”
“Yeah, want to know the full story?!” He said that, perhaps, with a little too much enthusiasm.
“Umm, no thanks. That's your personal life, I don't feel I need to know”.
“Okay, well, lets just say that the King's men, killed him for heresy”. Replied Terrowin.
“Heresy? Wow!”
“Yeah, father was a bit crazy.” When he said that, he laughed and did an impersonation of his father.
“I lost my mother, she was 'supposedly' a witch.”
“Oh... The King's men, just go around killing everyone these days. Did she look like you?” He asked, out of curiosity.
“Yes, we were very much alike. My deep brown eyes, matched hers perfectly. She had long, wavy brown hair. She was almost a Goddess. She was so beautiful!”
“ Maybe you are the King's son... I see a bit of resemblance here and there.” He laughed when he said this, poking and prodding my face.
“You never know, maybe I am.”
“Ha Ha! Don't get to full of yourself Sadon! We don't want you telling more lies!”
We both laughed at Terrowin's comment.
“ So, Terrowin, we are both lonely orphans, travelling the countryside in search of a new life.” I said, rather sadly.
“ Yes, Sadon, but we shall find a new and better life, some place else.”