Sequel: This War's Not Over.
Status: In Progress.

Fall Into Your Sunlight.

Every Inch You See is Bruised.

In the proceeding hours after John had brought Evie home completely obliterated on canabis Garrett had watched her carefully along side the others, as she slept with her head in John's lap. John hadn't been able to set her down on the couch or in her bed as she had clung to him tightly, whimpering. Her sleep had only grown fitful, her head turning as she stifled horrified moans until she finally jerked into a sitting position, gasping.

She doubled over, sitting forward on the couch with her knees to her chest, head down as she inhaled gulps of air. Her hands shook with tremors and she wrapped her arms around her torso, as if she was trying to hold herself together. "Eve, are you okay?" Pat's voice startled them from their silence, and Evie looked up at him and offered him a tired smile.

"Haven't you ever had a bad dream?" She questioned, a half smile gracing her features. "I'll be okay." She lied. She wasn't as 'okay' as she was currently making herself seem, but she wasn't ready to peel the scab off of the wound yet. She still needed time to come to grips with what happened. Even if it was some time ago.

Time healed all wounds, yes, but it was never a swift process. She had too many scars to pick clean and was only just discovering that having friends around her caused less pain when she began to heal.

"Evie. . . " Garrett's voice was quiet as he spoke, but she was already standing and moving from the room. She filled a glass in the kitchen with water and gulped it down. Canabis, they recalled, typically caused horrible cotton mouth.

"How long was I asleep?" She questioned, as she refilled the glass with cold tap water and knocked it back.

"A couple hours. You sleep like the dead." Kennedy spoke from the recliner.

"Only if I'm stoned to oblivion." She replied, deadpan. "Considering it's still dark, I figure I crashed while John was carrying me home, and factoring the amount of time I sleep when I'm blazed, I'd say it's around three in the morning."

"Four, but close." Jared spoke from the stairs, looking at his watch.

"Shit." The look on her face was a mix of dread and defeat, and as she sprinted to her room to brush out her hair, there was a knock on the door. "Fuck your mother, no. Not now." She groaned, fingers grazing through her red-blonde locks.

Garrett was the one to answer the door, discovering a male figure silhouetted against the streetlights. "Who the hell are you?"

The man had the telltale gold eyes of a vampire, but they were almost as iridescent and mottled as Eve's, and short black hair, tousled and messy. He stood around six foot three inches and had a frame that was as bean pole thin as John's. His voice lilted in an almost British way when he spoke, carrying the posture of someone of high society.

"I believe the question would be who the fuck are you?" He replied, voice a demur purr. "Is Evangeline here?"

"No, Rafe, I'm off getting myself killed in Cambodia. Where else would I be?" She spoke from behind Garrett, fingers running through the tangles of her hair. She stifled a half awake yawn and nudged Garrett gently.

"You know him?" He asked, raising a brow.

"Well, I should. He is my brother after all." She replied, smiling gently. "I'm the youngest of four -- but considering recent events, I've surpassed Gabe in age, and have since caught up to Michael." She shrugged. "Come in, you dirty hoebag, before you attract attention." She grabbed her brother's arm and yanked him through the door, giggling as she caused him to stumble.

"Evie, do you want to explain this?"

Evie blinked and then snorted, her face breaking into a grin. "Explain how Raphael Cox and I are siblings? Well, our dad fucked our mom, to put things bluntly. I mean, siblings usually means you share parents." She threw herself on top of the closest person on the couch, which was John.

"Why is he here?"

"To check up on me, naturally." She replied, rolling her eyes. "At which point, Rafe, I'm fine." She said, gently.

The siblings shared a look, one that spoke volumes, spoke a language all their own. Rafe picked up the one hitter from the end table and quirked a brow, before lighting it and taking a hit. Eve just shook her head and leaned back against the couch. "Rafe, why don't you explain things, I'm going back to bed."
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys. I have chapters prewritten for the sequel already. I'm so excited!

And this is just filler. I'm sorry.