How To Save A Life

Meeting The Gang

Jules Point of view

"There's an outing that should be happening soon. I’ll take you to the location and we can walk out to DQ. My friends will be coming along too."

Jack continued to smile at me as thought I had chosen to go to DQ, thought he had very clearly been the one wanting me to come. But that was a little unsettling in itself; why did he want me to go with him and his friends on an outing anyway?

“But first can I borrow a shirt?” he asked. “I don’t think I could get away leaving like this.”

"Uhmm sure." I told him with a blush on my cheeks. Until that point I had forgotten he was topless and now I was reminded I couldn’t look away quick enough. "Find any you like."

"Got any good band Tee's?" Jack asked, crossing to my small dresser; the same one I have found in the rooms of nearly every person’s room that had their doors open when I first came here.

"Depends on what you count as good music." I mumbled, looking through everything else. My white shirt had tear stains down the front, making me look like I had drooled all over or something. Hesitating, I pulled the shirt from my body, replacing it quickly.

Jack found a black tee with a paint splatter design and slid it over his head, letting it drop to cover his well chiseled body. Thinking nothing of me having changed in front of him, he fixed his shoes and pants so better fit his feet and stood up. "Do I look like a dumbfuck?" he asked.

Not even looking at him, I bit my lip with a small smile. "Far from it." I mumbled. I seemed to be mumbling a lot, which was weird considering I am not usually that shy. Grabbing my hoodie I slipped it on, ready to go.

"You didn't even look!" accused Jack with a laugh. Playfully shoving the boy he led the way out of the room and down the hall. "On to DQ," he smiled.

Smiling genuinely for the first time since I got there, I followed. I wouldn’t go as far as to say this was making me happy, but I was content.

Jack led me down the hall and around several corners. The place was like a maze. If not for the ribbons of paint that pointed the way I’m sure we would have been lost. But Jack knew where he was going, and he led me over to a small group of people standing by themselves, an emotionless looking girl and two boys. "Axel, shut up," growled another attractive boy.

The boy with blond hair roared with a rich laughter. "Oh you know it's true," he said, his back still to us as we approached. Both boy’s seemed in extremely good spirits, joking and bantering, thought they often looked down a hall as if waiting for someone to walk around the corner and announce a joke.

Jack shook his head. Pointing from the emotionless girl, to the first boy who had spoke, to the last boy that had spoken he introduced everyone. "Jules this is Jasmine, Parker, and Axel," he smiled. "Everyone, this is Jules.”