Audrey Smiles

And the honest where deciving

“Baby girl it’s time to wake up,” Fiona sat on the edge of Audrey’s bed and gently shook her shoulder. Her daughter rolled over throwing a hand over her eyes.
“Mum,” she groaned groggily. “What time is it,”

Fiona smiled and brushed a strand of her daughters messy hair off her face. “Ten thirty sweetie, we need to get Maz to the train station,” she gestured to the other girl sleeping on the make shift bed on the floor.

Audrey yawned and rubbed her eyes. “Okay mum, just give us another few hours,” she rolled over and pulled her quilt over her head.

Fiona laughed and patted her daughter’s legs. “Up now!” she ordered as she got up and left.
“I hate you,” Audrey called half heartedly before groaning. Fiona paused on the stairs until the heard the tell tale noise of her daughters wardrobe door opening.

“I’m telling you,” Mary laughed. “she was like orange for a month,”

Audrey roared with laughter at the story her cousin was telling her about her sisters experiment with spray tan. “oh for the sake of all that is holy please say you got a picture?” she pleaded through peals of laughter

Mary nodded falling back into a fit of giggles. She leant on Audrey unable to talk for a few moments both girls sobbing with laughter. Fiona watched them in the rear view mirror smiling herself at their mirth and merriment. She stopped the car in front of the train station and turned to smile at her niece and her daughter. The both looked at her with the green eyes they had inherited from their grandmother.

“Thank you for having me Auntie Fi,” Mary smiled and leant over the car seat to hug her. “It’s been a lovely weekend,”

Fiona kissed her cheek. “It’s been lovely having you darling,”

Mary hugged her cousin and whispered something quietly in Audrey’s ear which caused her to nod and bury her face in her cousin’s dark hair.

“I shall see you all soon,” Mary smiled. “Bye,” she grabbed her bag and jumped out the car pausing to wave at the entrance to the station before she strolled in through the automatic doors and out of sight.
♠ ♠ ♠
I may add more to this. But here is a chapter, I shall try and be more routine about updating this.
Please comment and subscribe