Status: Up and Running Again

Moved To Fast

Chapter 11

“Don’t take this away ‘cause I need it…” sang Tarcy Thomason through my I-pod. I kept looking at the ring sitting at my bedside table. It held so many what if’s, so many questions left unanswered.

“Marisa?” I heard a knock on the door.

“Go away!” I screamed as I threw a pillow at the door.

“It’s Sydney.”

I got up and started walking to the door as I was walking past the mirror I spotted myself; my mascara was ruined, my eyes were all red, my hair was all matted, I looked like an idiot.

When I opened the door, not only did I see Sydney but I saw Tiff, Nat and Kristi as well with a bunch of stuff in their hands.

“Come on Risa” said Nat as she grabbed me by the arm dragged me inside and made me sit down on the bed.

“Now we’ve got your I-pod, a bunch of clothes, make-up so its time to get ready,” exlaimed Nat.

“No offense guys, but I’m really not in the mood,” I replied.

“Which is exactly why we are doing this,” said Tiff as she looked through my wardrobe for the perfect outfit.

“Fine I’m going to have a shower,” I said as I grabbed my towel and walked into the adjoining bathroom.

The feeling I got as the warm water gushed down on me wasn’t even enough to stop the tears slowly slipping out of my eyes and down my cheeks.

As I came out out of the shower my I-pod decided to play Lullabies.

“Turn it off!” I screamed.

Tiff quickly scrambled to turn off the song as Sydney led me to the bed.

“Shh, it’s ok,” I heard here whisper in my ear.

“No it’s not Sydney, it never will be”, I said as I sobbed into her chest as she held me.

“It never will be” I whispered.

After sitting there with the girls for about half an hour we finally got ready. Doing each other’s hair and make-up. I tried to be happy about it and everything but it just wasn’t working for me. I couldn’t shake it, I mean imagine if we were engaged things would be so different now. Also the kiss I shared with Alex, I know there was something there. Something that held us together for what seemed like forever, but I love Logan so now what do I do.

I decided to just leave it for now and just enjoy tonight making sure I didn’t think about Alex and Logan. I knew for sure once the alcohol kicked in nothing would make sense anyway.

After what seemed like forever according to the boys we descended down the stairs. First Kristi in a gorgeous Fuchsia one-shoulder dress, then Tiff in a lovely summer golden sun-dress, then Nat went down in a strapless red dress, then Sydney in her black and white feathered dress. Finally when I reached the top of the staircase everybody stopped talking and all eyes were on me. I suddenly became very nervous but then I saw Alex’s face smiling at me. I slowly descended in a gold sequined mini-dress. When I reached the bottom Alex walked over to me and had the biggest smile on his face.

“Wow Marisa you look gorgeous” he said

“Thanks Alex. Listen I’m really sorry…”

“Don’t worry about it.”

“Hey if everyone’s done we have a party to get too” Jack screamed at the top of his lungs and we all laughed as we trailed out of the house.

It didn’t take long for us to walk to the party, on the way we took ridiculous amounts of photos just like old times.

When we reached the house the party was already in full swing, Jack ran away to find Camillia and the rest of us just mingled around.

“Hey guys let’s go dance!” Nat shouted at the top of her lungs and we all ran into the middle of the dance floor as Ke$ha’s ‘Take It Off’ came on. We all started rocking out and singing at the top of our lungs.

“There’s a place downtown where the freaks all come around.” We all screamed at the top of our lungs laughing our heads off.

Then suddenly I felt Alex’s hands on my hips I stiffened a little bit then relaxed and continued dancing to the beat of the song.

We all continued dancing and randomly spazzing out for a while until we were so thirsty we headed down to the beach where there was a bonfire and a keg.

I grabbed a beer and walked down to the ocean I just sat there looking out into the sea. Before I knew it I was taking my clothes off and I walked in, the water was nice and warm and I for a random reason had the biggest smile on my face. It was probably because I was drunk.

“Guys! Come in!” I shouted to all of them.

Suddenly everyone was taking off their clothes and diving into the water in their vibrant bikini’s and shorts.

“Aaaaaghhhhhh” I shrieked as Alex and Jack picked me up and chucked me under the water.

I resurfaced and saw Jack and Alex laughing their heads off.

“Oh you guys are so gonna get it” I said to them as I got on Alex’s shoulders and dunked him under the water.

We were all laughing and shrieking for ages and it was the best night I had in a while.

I looked into Alex’s eyes as we were splashing water at each other and I saw something in there that I hadn’t seen before. It was almost like he couldn’t get over the kiss we shared just like I couldn’t.

I swam that little distance that was between us and when I reached him I put one arm around his neck and leaned in. He was surprised at first but then he brought his head down and pulled me under the water with him as we kissed.